Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Oct 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great reviews👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great reviews so far. Another picky eater here - no salad, no sauce. I am getting better about sauces but I only like non tomato/non cream sauces (so a jus or something like that). I'm THAT fussy.

Your review of Homecomin' has made me want to go back. Our first visit there, I had the chicken and donuts and the donuts were disgusting, soggy with grease but hard at the same time. Yours look fabulous. And that key lime pie - OMG! Think I might have to fit a visit in to our Jan trip.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 6

Polite Pig

After spending the morning at Hollywood Studios we decided to venture to Disney Springs and tick another quick service on our wish list off and try the Polite Pig. Every time we parked at the Lime Parking Garage and walked past, the smell was calling us.

For the dining plan you can have any entree. If it’s listed as coming with sides they are covered by the plan if not they are extra.

I went for the Brisket with Sweet Potato Tots (minus the Parmesan) and slaw.

The brisket was delicious, it had a great flavour and wasn’t dry or tough, but juicy and my knife had very little work. The rub they put on it was fab. The Tots were good but as they are sweet potato they weren’t particularly crispy but that’s due to ingredients not cooking. I enjoyed them but DF made the better choice with his side. The slaw was for DF.

DF went for the ribs, slaw and waffle fries.

I asked DF for his opinion and all I got for a good few minutes was Nomnom nomnom, nomnom nomnom, nooom. Once able to come up with an articulate review he said it was very very good, ribs were fantastic. If someone had said it was a table service he would have believed them and would happily use a Table service credit for it. Fries and slaw were good.

Credits 2QS
Total $49

Sunshine Seasons

After getting off Soarin we decided to grab a drink to share, DF went for the lemonade. Well I can’t tell you how it was as the sharing bit failed but DF liked it, just your standard drink.

Credits 1 Snack
Total $3.51

Coral Reef

It started raining so we headed over early. We had a 20 minute wait and got seated at a table on the top tier.

Our server was prompt and very friendly. We already knew what we wanted before looking at the menu.

First up drinks, we both decided to take up the option of alcohol being included, I went for a glass of Chianti and DF we for a Bud. I loved my wine it was delicious and went well with the meal.

She brought out the bread, it was good and severed warm, nothing to write home about but not bad.

We both went for the steak. I got it with the rosemary potatoes whilst DF got his with fries. We both thoroughly enjoyed our steaks and DFs fries were nice and crispy. I found my potatoes a little disappointing, I wasn’t expecting them to be little discs and some of them were a little underdone for my liking.

For dessert I got the warm vanilla custard strudel. This came with a Prosecco ice cream and a cold fruit compote.

This was really good, the pastry was crisp and flaky, the vanilla custard was nice and smooth with a good delicate vanilla taste and I really enjoyed the compote with the raisins or currants in a sort of sauce. The ice cream wasn’t really my thing but I don’t like Prosecco so I wasn’t expecting to love it.

DF went for the Chocolate Wave, a chocolate cake with raspberry ice cream.

He enjoyed this but was too fully to polish it all off.

Credits 2TS
Total $105.97

Day Total
QS: 2
Snacks: 1
TS: 2
Dining plan value $158.48

Running Total
QS: 12/28
Snacks: 16/56
TS: 12/28
Dining Plan Value $880.51
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Polite pig just looks nom nom nom. It's definitely on my list for next year!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Polite pig just looks nom nom nom. It's definitely on my list for next year!
Exactly what i thought! Looks fab.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

2 fantastic looking meals !
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 7

Crystal Palace

Breakfast this morning was booked at Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom. It’s a character buffet with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet.

Always found the character interaction here to be great.

Also if you ask for tea they always seem to give you a tea pot which is always a major plus point in my eyes.

Now I will apologise that my photos aren’t very good but I do have a photo of a tea pot and one of Pooh’s puffed French toast which as we all know is the best thing on the menu so I think it all balances out

It’s a favourite thing to make bacon sandwiches/bagels and I love the made to order custom omelettes, always love a good cheese omelette

And as promised the star photos of the reviews

Breakfast is great here and it’s nice to be sat and see the castle

Credits 2 TS
Total $72.42

Cheshire Cat Cafe

We stopped off for a drink at Cheshire Cat Cafe, we grabbed a frozen lemonade and frozen raspberry lemonade. They came with the straws

Love these drinks

Credits 2 snacks

Total $6.17

Woody’s Lunch Box

We made a special trip to Hollywood Studios to eat in Woody’s Lunchbox, I’d been fancying the sandwiches since they’d posted about them on the parks blog.

Got the BBQ sandwich (no cheese) and tator tots.

This was lovely and a definite for my next trip.

Day Total
Snacks: 3
Dining plan value $123.90

Running Total
QS: 14/28
Snacks: 19/56
TS: 14/28
Dining Plan Value $1004.41
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great food report so far looking forward to reading more!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Great food report
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 8

Garden Grill

I love this breakfast, not sure if it’s the food or the fact that chip and dale are here but I think it’s my favourite.

For those who don’t know Garden Grill is a character meal in Epcot in the Land Pavilion. The food is served family style but is all you can eat and you get chip, Dale, Pluto and Mickey.

The restaurant also rotates very slowly and you get to see into the living with the land attraction which is fun.

The food is served family style and you can ask for more of any of it, you aren’t limited to what they bring out initially as your portion.

Not sure about any of you but I love how they set the table up with a cute mickey

And they have cute little mason jar glasses

To start they bring you a fruit salad, this has different melons, strawberries and blueberries

This is really nice and the fruit is lovely and fresh

Next is the cinnamon bun skillet, my favourite!

This is sooooooooo good! And aside from the fact it has chip and dale, it’s my favourite thing about coming to Garden Grill.

Next they bring out the skillet, tater tots, bacon, sausage, Mickey waffles and scrambled eggs.

I love tater tots so quickly claimed them as my own and picked at the rest which was good but I’d eaten a lot of cinnamon roll and strawberries, mainly cinnamon roll.

This is my favourite breakfast but I get that it’s very much my type of food so won’t be for everyone but with that and great character interaction I think it’s a fabulous use of a credit.

Credits 2 TS
Total $68.17

Starbucks

After a trip around world showcase and a few rides in future world it was time to have a stop off in Starbucks on the way out of the park.

Grabbed a Vanilla Frappuccino and a Caramel one, of course the largest size which is basically a bucket

Caramel one was alright and nice for a change but will probably stick to the vanilla one

Credits 2 Snacks
Total $12.22

Wolfgang Puck Express

After meeting up with some friends and some shopping dinner was at Wolfgang Puck express in the market place in Disney Springs.

I went for my stand by favourite chicken tenders and fries

These were as good as I remembered and you can’t really go wrong with them.

As the dining plan included it I also grabbed a glass of red wine for my drink

Also got a pepperoni pizza

Now whilst this pizza is good and there is nothing wrong with it, it seems a waste to eat it here and not go to Blaze.
Credits 2 QS
Total $40.37

Goofy’s

Just across from Wolfgang Puck is Goofy’s Candy store which is always great for using snack credits and the staff are super helpful at letting you know what’s covered with the plan.

We grabbed two giant Mickey cookies and they are great.

Credits 2 Snacks
Total $11.70

Day Total
Snacks: 4
Dining plan value $132.46

Running Total
QS: 16/28
Snacks: 23/56
TS: 16/28
Dining Plan Value $1136.87