Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Nov 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

*Live* "Don't fall off your chair" Day 12 (Part 1) - Perkins & Pool Time - Monday 12th Nov 2018

Index

Day 12 (Part 1) - Perkins, Pool Time

Monday 12th November 2018

Today dawned bright and sunny again, perhaps just a touch more cloudy than previous days. We were woken by the bin men just after 6am, what a racket they make. We tried to settle down again, but within half an hour a lawnmower was revving away nearby, so we gave up and got up!

It was Neil's choice for breakfast today, and he chose Perkins. We went to the one on Hwy27 near Posner Park, next door to the Bob Evans we went to yesterday. Unlike yesterday, we were seated straight away. It was still early, before 9am. We got some coffee which I have to say was nicer than Bob's (I feel like a traitor saying that). Perhaps it's the half & half provided here that makes the difference? I ordered the "Build your own Breakfast" with 2 eggs over easy, ham, breakfast potatoes and a banana muffin. Yes, I know the cooked part is identical to yesterday, these are my preferred options and I'm sticking to them! They brought me toast by accident, which I didn't eat, and when I said it was a banana muffin I had ordered, they brought it straight away. Neil asked for 2 pancakes with strawberries and bananas, which didn't match a menu item exactly, but they said was no problem. He wanted something he thought he would enjoy, and manage to eat as he still wasn't feeling 100%. In the end they brought 3 pancakes and charged us 99 cents extra for the strawberries, which is fine. He only ate about half of it. The bill came to $21.68 but I had a 20% off voucher which was deducted at the checkout. It came to $18 something + tip. I can't figure out the maths on this one, as 20% is $4.33 - not that it matters, it's just bothering me that I can't work it out. 🤔

We agreed to chill out by the villa pool now for a few hours as we hadn't had much chance to do that. We had grabbed an hour or two here and there but we were looking forward to enjoying our own outdoor space for a while. Immediately we got home from breakfast, around 10am, we got changed and sat out. I started my second book and sat on the edge of the pool with my feet in the water for a while. If it hadn't been for the thought of having to shower, hair and make-up again before going out, I think I might have gone in. We have paid for pool heat, and the water is a lovely temperature, not cold at all, more tepid? Neil had a short nap then watched some football highlights on his iPad. It was cloudy for a while, but not unpleasant, and is sunny again now. We have been so lucky with the weather.

We will shortly be getting ready to go out again, as today is the day for Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party which we are really looking forward to. We were discussing over breakfast whether we thought we would manage to stay until midnight. Neil reckons we will because, quote, "we'll be excited and covered in snow"!

I'll do a separate report for the party (hence this being Part 1), probably with photo overload so be warned!

Thank you to all of you who have stuck with this so far, particularly through the bad days. Your comments are very much appreciated.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022

Edited at 07:11 PM.
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Ive just caught up after our Halloween week away. The cruise sounded great - would you both do another one?

I'm sorry to read you've both been ill - my daughter had a 24 hour sick bug when we were there and I was so worried that the rest of us would get it and miss our MNSSHP but we were fine luckily. I hope Neil is feeling a lot better today, and you have a fab time at the MVMCP - I cant wait to see the photos. I'm desperate to see all the Christmas stuff - I was gutted that we couldn't stay longer as the girls only got a week off school

Have fun tonight.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Another good breakfast. I'm excited for you for tonight's party. I hope you have a blast...maybe you will stay until midnight, whatever happens I can't wait to see the photos of all the decorations.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a nice relaxing day so far! Looking forward to part 2 and photo over load
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Good idea to relax before the party, we should have done the same before our MNSSHP really. Pleased Neil seems well today, looking forward to your Xmas party report 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Okay, I'm also adding Perkins to my list.

I hope you had an amazing time at the Party!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice relaxing day hope you enjoyed the MVMCP

Joan
Old 14 Nov 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

You sound like my mum, she has the same breakfast items at every restaurant
I was after a banana muffin but have never tried Perkins, maybe I need to add that to my list!
Old 14 Nov 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Looking forward to part 2 - we did MNSSHP this year for the first time, and would love to be there for the Christmas party. We were shattered afterwards, so hope you manage ok after your sickness bug. Thanks for your review of the villa

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Nice start to the day. Breakfast looked yum.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List