Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Nov 18, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It's all about the mouse - 5th August 2018 day 5 HS (where have they hidden the food?) and AK

Welcome to the It’s all about the mouse trip report. We are a family of four and this is our 4th trip to Orlando. I'm Abby, my DH is Dave and our children are Max (13 at the time of the trip) and Kate (11). This trip is all WDW and we stay inside the Disney bubble for the entirety of our holiday.

If you haven't read the previous day it can be found here

We had another 6am alarm this morning and no one really wanted to get out of bed apart from me! I promised that we would be able to have a lie in tomorrow (Typhoon Lagoon was in the plan for the following day and it didn’t open until 10am). They did all start moving. I also reassured them that this was our last EMH for a while and there wouldn’t be another one until the 4 park challenge day.

In the end we did pretty well as we got to the bus stop at 6.50am. It felt like we waited for ages for a bus to arrive. I took a photo of the plans for the day. We had our first ride on Slinky Dog today.

I also wanted to try out the Breakfast Burrito that I'd seen in other trip reports and the carrot cake cookie sandwich...unfortunately we didn't get to eat either of these not today or later in the trip either

The next bus was showing on the screen as arriving at 7.12am. At 7.05am Max decided he needed to go to the toilet so he ran off back to the room. I was a bit worried that Max wouldn’t get back to the bus in time.

I can’t remember if I’ve said before, but due to the building renovations at OKW the real South Point bus stop wasn’t being used as there were the pardon our pixie dust boards up blocking the whole road and this was literally the end of the resort. This didn’t really cause us any problems as there was a temporary bus stop sort of in the car park, which had benches and the screens showing the times of the buses so all in all it wasn’t a problem…until the MK bus arrived and went the wrong way. The driver then got stuck at the real South Point bus stop. Then because there was nowhere for the bus to go as the whole road was closed the driver realised he would have to reverse the bus all the way back up the road to get to point where he could go into the car park and turn around. In the end a transport manager person drove up and helped with the reversing by giving directions.

Meanwhile our HS bus had arrived at the temporary bus stop but we had to wait for the MK bus to get out the way before we could go anywhere. For some reason the buses don’t seem to like overtaking each other, so finally when the MK bus was back on track we followed it around the resort and when we got to the Millers Road stop I realised we were so backed up that there was another HS bus just behind us.

I wasn’t best pleased with the buses this morning. It was 7.27am and we hadn’t even left the resort yet. Usually I don’t mind the buses but I think last night having been stuck in traffic at Disney Springs and then this morning missing most of the EMH at HS I was a bit peeved.

When we got to HS we had the long trek from the bus stop to the park, bag check took ages to get through and I was in a bit of a and had to force myself to cheer up a bit. We went over to Star Tours, this turned out to be a really good choice as it was a brand new mission that we’d not seen before.

After that we went and met Olaf, it said there was a 5 minute wait but there was no wait at all.

In the past when we met Olaf his signature was him drawing a picture of himself in the autograph book, but apparently this has changed as now he just gives you a little post card of himself.

We were in a character meet and greet sort of groove this morning and we went over to the Star Wars Launch Bay.

Why oh why can these kids not just stand still?

First up we met Chewie.

This was really fun, Chewie managed to get Max to smile and so this was well worth it! He really seemed to want to cheer Max up and wanted him to be happy.

Kylo Ren on the other hand didn’t seem to care if Max smiled or not.

This is always a funny meet and I think we all look a bit awkward really.

After that we did another first for us and went to meet BB8.

He was cute and did a bit of squeaking but that was it.

And of course none of the four characters we’d met actually signed the autograph book, which is a bit of a pain when you’re on a mission to fill it up!

We fancied some breakfast and had a look in Starbucks…of course the line was out the door and we decided we were not that hungry so we went to use our FP for Rock n Roller coaster. When we got down there the ride was not running so we were told that our FP had changed to a special FP that could be used whenever the ride opened up. Some mornings it feels like nothing is going your way, I know it's silly stuff really and the bus getting stuck followed by the ride being down and no food is hardly the end of the world but it just felt like we needed to start over.

It was still a little before 9am and we had around 30 minutes before we could use our Slinky Dog FP so we made the decision to seek out some breakfast. I had wanted to try the breakfast burrito and given that we had eaten plenty of Joffrey's donuts already this went down well with the others as we all wanted something a little different for breakfast...this was impossible to find nowhere was open before 10.30am and then the menus all said it would be lunch served.

Given that the park opened at 7am this was pretty poor. OK I said nowhere was open we essentially had 2 choices, queue up in Starbucks or eat at Andy's Lunch Box in Toystoryland. The kids were desperate for food and were prepared for the queue at Starbucks, but I said NO Starbucks.

In the end we got a churro with chocolate sauce and a pretzel and cheese pot for 2 snacks.

As usual these were ok and the pretzel was pretty good in both the chocolate sauce and the cheese (not at the same time though ).

We decided that we would make do with this little snack and when the snack cart next to Indiana Jones opened up at 10.30am get a funnel cake with oreo cookies (as seen on DFB these are awesome)…Remember this for later…

On the way around to Toystoryland we popped in to meet Starlord and Groot but this doesn’t open up until 9.30am . I was not feeling the love for HS at this point…bus issues, no food, RnR was down, all we’d done was wander around getting frustrated and it all felt like a bit of a wasted morning. I’d dragged everyone out of bed for this! I don’t think they were thanking me much at this point. It's a shame as I really do like this park and I don't like to moan as we did enjoy ourselves it just felt like our plans were scuppered at every turn. I promise we cheer up later and it's not all doom and gloom.

We pitched up at the Slinky Dog FP entrance 5 minutes early but were waved through. I was trying to get excited about a new ride and out of the grumpy mood. I suspect we’d have all looked like Max in a photo at this point. In the end Slinky Dog was fun and we enjoyed the bumpy bit and the stop start bit was good too.

I still felt like I had to cling on and didn't let go of the seat bar at all

The theming in Toy Story is great, we bumped into a green army man on the way out.

I brought forward the time for our next FP for Tower of Terror so this opened up as soon as we were off Slink Dog. As usual we all enjoyed ToT and it was a fab ride. We were asked if we minded splitting into two groups of two. The kids were really happy to have the front row...I know Max doesn't look happy but he really is.

I was happy we weren't in the front row as I don't really like the height of this when they open the window at the top I get a bit worried.

Then we were able to use our anytime FP for RnR as this was back up and running.

Still feeling really hungry we got in line behind a man and another family at the Oasis canteen snack cart by the Indy theatre as we were really keen to have something more substantial to eat, plus what’s not to like about funnel cake! It was about 10.40am and I was starting to get cross again as the boards were still up but as the people in front of us didn’t seem to bothered we just thought they were running late. Then a cast member at the Indy show said they hadn't been opening until around 11.30. This did not go down well at all!

As we were next door and we do like the Indiana Jones show we went in to the 10.45am show. It was just as good as always, I know there are people who want it to be updated or changed, or even for the story of the show to be re-written, but we really like it and it’s a show that all of us love.

We really needed food now so we ended up with an early lunch and shared 2 hotdogs from Min and Bill's as they had opened to serve lunch. These are the foot long hotdogs so easily enough to share. Kate didn't manage to eat her half and ended up leaving some.

The kids shared a plain hotdog. This came with a bag of chips and they shared a coke.

Dave and myself shared the chilli and coleslaw hotdog. We had iced tea as our drink.

Just 2 QS credits used for this breakfast/snack/early lunch.

That was it at HS, we had an early dinner/late lunch booked up at Tusker House over at AK so we left HS for some time at the pool...perhaps our luck had changed as there was a bus waiting for us at the bus stop to take us back to the resort .

It was just before midday when we arrived back at the resort for some relaxation time at the small pool. I said that we were only allowed an hour before going back and showering ready to head out to AK.

We all were really speedy at getting ready and at 1.57pm we were out and walking to the bus stop. The app said the next bus was coming at 2.08pm. There was a bus just coming up behind us, but we didn’t bother speeding up as we assumed it was not for us. Of course it was the AK bus. The driver very kindly waited for us to get on though! Then the bus didn’t go to any other bus stops around the resort and just went straight on to AK! What? We were a bit surprised when it didn’t go to Turtle Pond and then it just carried on going and didn’t even stop at Hospitality House. We had a private bus ride to AK …so I’m back to loving the buses now as this was a proper limo service with no waiting and no other passengers.

I said to the others that we should get some photos taken at the tree of life as soon as we got there as there was no way later on we’d be any less sweaty than what we were right then.

This was a great little photo shoot.

Apart from Max sneezing half way through and Kate getting the hump as his snot was in her hair.

I may or may not have been smiling even more broadly!

After that we just wandered around a bit.

I wanted to meet Baloo and King Louis, but they are not meeting at the moment in their usual spot so we just looked over at the tree of life and took some photos.

Here is a photo of us meeting Baloo and King Louis from 2016.

Can you tell that Max is in a bit of a mood? We all refer to this day as Max's epic strop day. We'd been to Tusker in the morning and he was in a strop there, even Donald couldn't get him to smile.

I was hoping that this trip to Tusker House we would all enjoy and that Max might find it within himself to smile! Ok, that's probably a step too far, but at least not end up looking like he hates us all.

We wandered over to the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet and did get in line, but this was moving really slowly and even though we had loads of time we couldn’t be bothered to wait in line. So, here's one we did earlier, this photo comes from 2014!

Our ADR was for 3.30pm but we were were feeling really hungry after our lack of eating very much at HS so we checked in at 3pm and were called in before we'd even managed to drink a cup of the iced water on the patio waiting area .

I absolutely love the buffet at Tusker House, I know that it is practically DIBB law to love Tusker and so this is hardly revolutionary as a statement. Anyway, if you've had breakfast and enjoyed it then I urge you to try out the lunch or dinner.

We had the Rivers of Light dining package and were given our paper fast pass straight away.

Our server Carol was fab. We (obviously) wanted cocktails which we ordered and she said that we should also order a non alcoholic drink as well as this was also included...so, Dave and myself both had iced tea, which were refilled multiple times along with the kids drinks.

Dave had a Lost on Safari.

I had the Tikiti Punch.

Kate had the watermelon lemonade.

Max had chocolate milkshake as a change from coke.

Part of why I enjoyed this meal so much was that the restaurant was barely half full. This meant there were hardly any people at the buffet so it was pleasant to look around at everything that was available and going backwards and forwards wasn't a problem. Also, the characters spent a long time at the table and the interactions were fab. Daisy was the first to arrive.

She came back two more times over the course of our meal.

Max didn't wait around for long. I am chuckling looking at some of his plates. A roll, a chicken wing, some corn dogs, pieces of cheese and some ketchup! This is pretty full plate for him.

Donald swiftly followed Daisy and the rest of us hadn't even got our first plate yet!

Fortunately the characters went off for a rest at this point so we filled up our plates.

Dave had a plate of salads as a starter.

I also enjoyed the salads as a starter. There was hummus and beans and olives and some tasty flat breads.

Kate spied the corn dogs too and went for those with some prawns and some onion bhaji type things. Oh and some croutons!

Not to be outdone by his sister, Max went back for a couple more mini corn dog and some croutons, plus of course a large dollop of ketchup.

Dave and myself were still working through our starter plates, Kate wanted to try out all the curry. She went for this chicken curry and rice first.

Then Daisy came back from her break, I suspect it was a new Daisy (if you know what I mean ) as she spent a long time with us and when she spied the autograph book on the table she quickly grabbed it and signed the book.

I hope she didn’t think we were rude not bothering to get up, but we’d literally just met her!

After this we made sure to hide the book if one of the characters came back in case they forgot they'd already seen us. It's not that we mind repeat signers, but we usually like a few pages in between at least. Kate didn't even get up from her seat for this interaction!

Another of Max's awesome plates!

Next up Goofy!

Followed swiftly by Mickey.

Dave felt ready for another plate at this point.

I went in for the main course. Lovely salmon and rices.

Kate went back for seconds of the curry.

Max had a cheese course.

I don't think we found it quite so funny at the time and told him that this was definitely dinner and there was no more food today so to go and get some of the carved meat for his next plate. He is nothing if not literal...

Dave went for some of the curry too.

Then we all moved on to puddings. Max and his plate of chocolate desserts.

Kate with a strawberry something and a chocolate chip cookie.

No idea what this pudding is that Dave got.

Donald came back!

I fancied all the puddings!

Kate got second pudding.

Then both Mickey and Goofy came back, clearly they didn't want Donald to have all the fun!

The server then asked if I wanted coffee! I said that would be lovely. She was brilliant, much better than the rushed dinner at Ohana the day before. I expected the coffee to come in a to go cup...but I was wrong. It was a proper mug.

Dave had 2nd pudding.

Mickey came back again just for a dance with Kate this time though.

And then we paid the bill. 4 TS credtis, money well spent in my view. This was a fantastic meal, the food was delicious, the service was excellent and the characters were amazing. Compared to the way we were rushed through Ohana this was a delightfully laid back experience and looking at the time stamp on the receipt we were in there for 1hour 45minutes. Obviously this wouldn't suit everyone, but it was perfect for us as we needed a bit of down time since we'd got up at 6am for EMH at HS and were planning on staying in AK until park close. We didn't want a rushed meal as we wanted to relax and have a rest, which is exactly what we got.

I was so full I had to practically be rolled out of the restaurant. In fact I was a bit uncomfortable really and I should have perhaps only had 3 or 4 desserts! Fortunately we were just in time for the 5pm showing of Lion King. So this gave me time to recover from dinner.

We were in the wart hogs section again! We always seem to end up in that section, perhaps it’s one of the last to be filled up and we just turn up a minute or two before the show is due to start so that’s the only area left with seats. This time the show did not get cancelled on us. Phew!

The monkeys were their usual fabulous selves and I loved the show. We had a brilliant time. Of course I sang along to the songs!

I booked up a FP for Dinosaur and we decided that we needed to sit in different seats so that we all would have a different view than our last ride. We were in the front row and the family behind us were really laughing and found the whole ride hilarious which was great as it added to the fun for us.

Then we went to It’s Tough to be a Bug. It is really fun and we were in the front row of the theatre. Of course I got scared at the scary bits and had to hold Dave’s hand! Ha ha, even though I know it’s coming I still jump out of my skin.

We were staying in AK for the evening for the Rivers of Light show. Just before dusk we went to the Nomad Lounge next to Tiffins for a drink. No one was hungry.

We sat on the terrace, which was lovely and peaceful.

Dave had a Tempting Tigress (well 2 actually).

I had the Annapurna Zing.

Followed by the Spice Trader Classic.

The kids had cokes.

Plus I booked up an Expedition Everest FP for them, which is how we managed the 2nd drink . The kids essentially toured the whole park as they went the long way around!

When they’d riden EE I booked up another FP for them to go on Primeval Whirl which they both love.

While there we filled in 4 of the hanging tags, the server said these are hung inside and never taken down, so when we return we can search for our tag.

Kate had 'Why do you travel?'

Dave and myself both had 'What was your greatest travel adventure?'

Max had 'What is your best animal encounter?'.

We just had a really pleasant time relaxing and talking about what our answers were to the questions. I hope these are up on the wall and that we can spot them when we come back! Lounging out on the sofas and waiting for the sun to set so we could go into Pandora was lovely.

The bill was $64, 4 alcoholic drinks and 2 cokes...pricey but we did enjoy sitting on the sofa waiting for the sun to set so we could go and look around Pandora in the dark. It was relaxing and a world away from the hustle and bustle of the crowds. I would definitely go back. It's a shame we can't use credits in the lounges.

We wandered through Pandora and marvelled at how pretty it was at night.

Then we walked back through Africa in the dark heading towards the Rivers of Light stadium.

It was quite empty here and it all looked very pretty at night.

It’s not too long ago that AK used to close at 5pm and that was it done for the day. I really like being in the park after dark and I’m glad it’s open until later now.

We made it to the dinner package area of the stadium and watched the show. It was ok…but we decided it’s no Fantasmic!

We went back to the resort after watching a bit of the Tree of Life awakenings and were in bed by around 10.30pm.

After getting the hump a bit at HS the day turned around as soon as we arrived at AK and we ended up having a lovely relaxed afternoon and evening.

Statistics for the day:

Credits Used - 2 snack, 2 QS and 4 TS. So majorly down on the snacks as we have 8 per day...fingers crossed we can knock out some of these tomorrow as we have no ADR booked.

Credits Remaining - 87 snack, 41 QS and 36 TS

Parks: 2
Rides: 8
FP: 7
Characters: 9
Steps: 24,251

Tomorrow we actually get a lie in as the alarm was set for 7.30am. It was the day Max had been waiting for our first visit to a waterpark of the trip – Max’s favourite Typhoon Lagoon and we are back at HS for the evening to see my favourite night time show!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 08:03 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

The bus issues would have wound me up too especially when you were there from 6.50am! We had something similar once but it was due to 2 scooters getting on the bus and neither of them being able to park it properly and the bus driver struggling too

I know what you mean, some days it does feel like nothings going right doesn't it, but on the plus side you met a lot of characters! We found the Starbucks queues were always massive, especially in MK.

I also found the food choices in HS very poor too.

Love the photos on Slinky Dog, looks like you all enjoyed it. We've just realised we didn't get any photos from SD Chris has googled and apparently they link automatically but we didn't get any. We did comment when there about how it would be good to have a photo on there, darn it!

I totally agree, the whole theme of TSL is amazing isn't, even down to the little details like the fences made of meccano.

Love the photo on ToT and RnR these are awesome ride photos I think.

Lovely photos at the Tree of Life and I love how the photographer captured the sneezing incident

We loved Tusker House too, the atmosphere, the character interactions and the food. Max's food reminds me of Caitlin and Noah's haha. Your pudding's are so like mine I just wanted to try everything. A fabulous time at TH, definitely one of our favourites

What a fabulous day, I agree with RoL, Fantasmic is my absolute fave. Seeing AK in the dark is beautiful, looking forward to the rest of the days xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Once again so many photos of your day. Love them and especially when the kids are having a 'moment'- if you can't laugh at your self getting wet on Kali, then there is nothing happening!

Impressed to see that Max kept up his photo strop all day there is nothing you can do when the smile is left somewhere else for the day

A long day from bus capers to start until park close in Ak.
That morning food choice in DHS is something else, the closing of Starring Rolls and the Writers Stop has meant that Starbucks is the only option at that time of the day which seems somewhat odd considering some of the lovely pastries that used to be on offer. MAybe they expect us all to stand in the queue for Slinky Dog until everywhere opens for food later in the morning

Those 843 tee shirts on you ToT picture did a good job of hiding your apprehensions, followed by the private bus to Ak - you feel so special when that happens

Tusker House food looks great , although I think Max needs a little Disney buffet training We have only been there for breakfast , but having seen your photos the lunch or dinner option looks rather good too. Character interaction sounds second to none ( despite the Daisy thing!)

What a fun packed day and as you read all of this back in the future you will amazed as to how much you packed into just one day.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

So glad the day recovered after a rocky start. Seeing Max's buffet plates cracked me up all over again! Love how much you're packing into each day - two parks and a swim, very impressive.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
The bus issues would have wound me up too especially when you were there from 6.50am! We had something similar once but it was due to 2 scooters getting on the bus and neither of them being able to park it properly and the bus driver struggling too

I know what you mean, some days it does feel like nothings going right doesn't it, but on the plus side you met a lot of characters! We found the Starbucks queues were always massive, especially in MK.

I also found the food choices in HS very poor too.

Love the photos on Slinky Dog, looks like you all enjoyed it. We've just realised we didn't get any photos from SD Chris has googled and apparently they link automatically but we didn't get any. We did comment when there about how it would be good to have a photo on there, darn it!

I totally agree, the whole theme of TSL is amazing isn't, even down to the little details like the fences made of meccano.

Love the photo on ToT and RnR these are awesome ride photos I think.

Lovely photos at the Tree of Life and I love how the photographer captured the sneezing incident

We loved Tusker House too, the atmosphere, the character interactions and the food. Max's food reminds me of Caitlin and Noah's haha. Your pudding's are so like mine I just wanted to try everything. A fabulous time at TH, definitely one of our favourites

What a fabulous day, I agree with RoL, Fantasmic is my absolute fave. Seeing AK in the dark is beautiful, looking forward to the rest of the days xx
The bus issues were silly really, I nearly didn't put it in as when I read it back to myself it sounded like I was having a right old paddy about it and I thought I sounded like a spoilt brat! But as I'm a completist the urge to include everything won out in the end.

I was cross about the food situation at HS as it really did feel like the only place open was Starbucks, and there was no way I was queuing for that long for a pastry. It's a shame really as it feels like it's really easy for people to moan about HS and I didn't want to as it is a great park, but when your belly is rumbling you are probably better off walking to Epcot than queuing in Starbucks as I think it's quicker to walk there than wait!

I'm loving all our faces on the ride photos too! Ha ha, I'm going to have to try and perfect the looking like I'm causally resting my hands when really I'm holding for dear life. Even though I know where and when many of the photos are going to be taken I cannot for the life of me perfect a happy grin, I'm always fearful for my life and gripping on to the hand rails and/or other people around me.

The kids always make fun of me on Tower of Terror as on our first ever ride when Kate was 7 we were sat in the back row and I was in the middle with Kate to my left and a completely unrelated little girl and her dad to my right. During that first drop I was NOT prepared and I clamped my hands down on both of their legs! I was really scared they were going to fly out of their seats and I couldn't help myself. I did apologise to the little girl and her dad. Anyway, Max and Kate still laugh about it and they said that's the reason there's no one next to me as the cast members have put a photo up of me and a message saying this woman grabs other people's kids so isn't allowed next to other people!

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Once again so many photos of your day. Love them and especially when the kids are having a 'moment'- if you can't laugh at your self getting wet on Kali, then there is nothing happening!

Impressed to see that Max kept up his photo strop all day there is nothing you can do when the smile is left somewhere else for the day

A long day from bus capers to start until park close in Ak.
That morning food choice in DHS is something else, the closing of Starring Rolls and the Writers Stop has meant that Starbucks is the only option at that time of the day which seems somewhat odd considering some of the lovely pastries that used to be on offer. MAybe they expect us all to stand in the queue for Slinky Dog until everywhere opens for food later in the morning

Those 843 tee shirts on you ToT picture did a good job of hiding your apprehensions, followed by the private bus to Ak - you feel so special when that happens

Tusker House food looks great , although I think Max needs a little Disney buffet training We have only been there for breakfast , but having seen your photos the lunch or dinner option looks rather good too. Character interaction sounds second to none ( despite the Daisy thing!)

What a fun packed day and as you read all of this back in the future you will amazed as to how much you packed into just one day.

I do miss Writers Stop and Starring Rolls, at least they had cakes and pastries. We did pop into some of the shops but I couldn't candy for breakfast, which is very unlike us! Normally we are happy to have pizza or popcorn or candy floss for breakfast. I think I'd got it into my head that as we were having the late lunch early dinner at Tusker we needed to have a substantial breakfast and then skip lunch at HS. Unlike a lot of people I actually quite like lots of the QS at HS! We like Backlot Express and ABC and
Min and Bills, But unfortunately none of them opened until later.

I love it when you look back through your photos and spot matching shirts and things that were completely incidental at the time!

I'm glad you're appreciating all the photos. I always download every day as soon as it's posted so I have a copy of the day with both the photos and my commentary. This day ended up being 83 pages long and over 3,000 words! I'm afraid I find it really hard to tell story without going into great detail, so that is what you all get to read.

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
So glad the day recovered after a rocky start. Seeing Max's buffet plates cracked me up all over again! Love how much you're packing into each day - two parks and a swim, very impressive.
It was a good day really, I think that because we'd had that brief EMH visit to HS for barely an hour on day 2 I expected this morning to be full of fun, when in the end it was more of a slow burn. We did meet lots of characters though and that is fun!

I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing that cheese plate. In all the gluttony that surrounds the buffets (my dessert plate included) it's actually reassuring really that he just took what he fancied, he only went back as we forced him to. I'm sure if we'd been paying oop we'd have been rather more cross, but as it's all free it didn't really matter.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

A very stressful start to the day, I'd have been very annoyed too, and I know Nik would have started to get tetchy, I'd have been very likely to abandon mission.

It's so funny that 7.30am on holiday is considered a lie-in.

Well done Chewy for coaxing a smile out of Max, Kylo Ren probably thought he had found a kindred spirit. We've never met him but I've seen videos and he looks terrifying.

I'd have been mad you wouldn't allow Starbucks.

I hate the Indiana Jones show, I am really scared the stunts are going to go wrong and I'm going to die. I'd love them to change the theatre to something more safe haha.

It would really be in Disney's interests to let us use credits in the lounges, maybe TS rather than QS, obviously it would be terrible value for us but Disney would save themselves a fortune.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
A very stressful start to the day, I'd have been very annoyed too, and I know Nik would have started to get tetchy, I'd have been very likely to abandon mission.

It's so funny that 7.30am on holiday is considered a lie-in.

Well done Chewy for coaxing a smile out of Max, Kylo Ren probably thought he had found a kindred spirit. We've never met him but I've seen videos and he looks terrifying.

I'd have been mad you wouldn't allow Starbucks.

I hate the Indiana Jones show, I am really scared the stunts are going to go wrong and I'm going to die. I'd love them to change the theatre to something more safe haha.

It would really be in Disney's interests to let us use credits in the lounges, maybe TS rather than QS, obviously it would be terrible value for us but Disney would save themselves a fortune.
I think that our tiredness started to play a part this morning too, so that combined with the feeling that nothing was going our way was not a good combo.

I like all those Chewie photos, it was our first time meeting him and we did enjoy it. Kylo Ren did say something horrid to Kate but I couldn't remember what it was and neither could she, so I didn't include it in the write up. My notes failed me on that morning! I must have been grumpy.

I did promise them that we could go to Starbucks the following day...we were off to TL via Disney Springs of course so I figured the Starbucks over there wouldn't be busy at 9.30...I did keep the promise and I was right, it was dead!

I'd love it if they could allow credits to be used in the lounges. But I suspect you're right and it is unlikely to happen, plus I wonder if I'd really order beef burger sliders in a lounge over a $35 NY strip steak in a restaurant and the end we is probably no.

Old 22 Nov 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The bus issues were silly really, I nearly didn't put it in as when I read it back to myself it sounded like I was having a right old paddy about it and I thought I sounded like a spoilt brat! But as I'm a completist the urge to include everything won out in the end.

I was cross about the food situation at HS as it really did feel like the only place open was Starbucks, and there was no way I was queuing for that long for a pastry. It's a shame really as it feels like it's really easy for people to moan about HS and I didn't want to as it is a great park, but when your belly is rumbling you are probably better off walking to Epcot than queuing in Starbucks as I think it's quicker to walk there than wait!

I'm loving all our faces on the ride photos too! Ha ha, I'm going to have to try and perfect the looking like I'm causally resting my hands when really I'm holding for dear life. Even though I know where and when many of the photos are going to be taken I cannot for the life of me perfect a happy grin, I'm always fearful for my life and gripping on to the hand rails and/or other people around me.

The kids always make fun of me on Tower of Terror as on our first ever ride when Kate was 7 we were sat in the back row and I was in the middle with Kate to my left and a completely unrelated little girl and her dad to my right. During that first drop I was NOT prepared and I clamped my hands down on both of their legs! I was really scared they were going to fly out of their seats and I couldn't help myself. I did apologise to the little girl and her dad. Anyway, Max and Kate still laugh about it and they said that's the reason there's no one next to me as the cast members have put a photo up of me and a message saying this woman grabs other people's kids so isn't allowed next to other people!
I know what you mean I'm the same, at the end of the day though it's a trip report you need to include everything, the good, the bad and the ugly

The only Starbucks we ever seen without a humongous queue was at Animal Kingdom. The one in MK was the worst, we fancied just grabbing some frappuccinos but never managed it as the queue was down main street! I definitely think they need to have a couple of more food options in HS.

I do that when we go to Alton Towers, but I had no idea where the cameras were here (apart from ToT) so got caught off guard a few times the ride photos are the best ones as it just catches everyone's reactions.

haha you sound so similar to me! I did the same with Noah but he kept pushing his hand off and saying 'you don't need to hold me mam!' Got to admit I've never grabbed a random child though xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I know what you mean I'm the same, at the end of the day though it's a trip report you need to include everything, the good, the bad and the ugly

The only Starbucks we ever seen without a humongous queue was at Animal Kingdom. The one in MK was the worst, we fancied just grabbing some frappuccinos but never managed it as the queue was down main street! I definitely think they need to have a couple of more food options in HS.

I do that when we go to Alton Towers, but I had no idea where the cameras were here (apart from ToT) so got caught off guard a few times the ride photos are the best ones as it just catches everyone's reactions.

haha you sound so similar to me! I did the same with Noah but he kept pushing his hand off and saying 'you don't need to hold me mam!' Got to admit I've never grabbed a random child though xx
A couple of years ago when we went the kids lived on Starbucks chocolatey chip milkshake as their breakfast, we literally had it every day or so it felt like, and I do not remember queuing up so much. I'm sure there must have been waits but I don't think I'd have allowed us to wait so long then either. So, this year the kids were really disappointed that they didn't get their morning Starbucks! I don't think I even looked in the AK one, but now I know it might be slightly quieter...although I love all the little food booths they have there and there is some great choice for QS.

Old 23 Nov 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Shame you had a frustrating start at HS but sounds like AK made up for it. Tusker house sounds like a great experience and looks lovely lounging at the nomad lounge