dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
August 2018 Dixonsontour does Universal Day 9 Seaworld

Day 9

Saturday 25th August

Pool, Packing and Seaworld

Another later start. DD was tired and grumpy this morning after going to bed so late after MNSSHP.

We had brunch at Perkins again. Really enjoyed it.

Look at the size of my muffin. Could eat one right now.

Anna had a kids meal chicken strips which came with a cookie and drink

We packed (going home tomorrow) which is always an interesting experience. We had come out very light luggage wise so I'd not really paid much attention to what we were buying knowing we had space. I'd not bought a lot but DH had and it was all a bit stressful balancing it. He was moaning about the halloween candy and lindt balls but they did make it home with us in the end.

The battery stopped working in our suitcase weighing scales so we popped out to Walgreens for a battery.

Some Aventura hotel photos

We did manage a swim in the Aventura pool today. Was lovely in the pool, never busy when we went.

I'd booked a reservation at Sharks Underwater Grill in Seaworld for 3pm for the Magical Dining Month Deal.

Thanks to JeanetteParker on the Dibb for the heads up. Magical Dining Month started 24th August until end of September. It runs every year and includes lots of restaurants in Orlando.

The Meal cost $35 for 3 courses but included free parking and free access to Seaworld after you had eaten. The park was open until 9.30pm on the Saturday. Earliest sharks reservation was 3pm which I got (made reservation by email)

We had to wait to check in at the front of the park. We weren't on the list for some reason but I showed my email confirmation and it was fine. We had to wait a few mins before being walked to the restaurant as there was a weather alert. We were then walked to the restaurant as a group. We were finished eating by 4.30pm and free to go into the park.

We haven't done Seaword since DD was 5 so it was nice to spend some time here.

We enjoyed Sharks, it's very much like Coral Reef at Epcot. We had salad to start, I had their signature one with strawberries. Then all had filet steak (they did DD's with fries) then she had a massive slice of chocolate cake and we had key lime pie

Afterwards we did the shows. We saw the Clyde and Seamore one, the pets one and the last daytime shamu show at 7pm.

Clyde and Seamore show

Pets show

Daytime shamu show

DD bought some fish to feed the sealions. She really enjoyed Seaworld tonight. She has always really liked sea/marine things.

I'm not brave enough for the big coasters but I did notice they had no waits. Seaworld was extremely quiet this evening despite it being a Saturday night.

It was odd having to use a map as we don't need one at Universal or Disney as we know our way around so well.

We did the arctic penguin ride as we had not been on that before and the seacreature carousel at my insistence as i love carousels. The penguin ride did break down on us so we were stuck there for a bit (and it smells fishy) but then it did restart.

They also had a summer offer on for 2 free small beers per adult so got those before going in to watch the night time 8.45 pm Shamu show. It was a choice of 2 beers, I had rolling rock.

Night time shamu show

Last thing was 9.30pm fountains and fireworks show which we watched from the seating area by the water.

Had a great time would definitely do the Magical Dining deal here again, for $35 each we had a nice 3 course meal and were in Seaworld no ticket needed from 3pm until 10pm.

DH and DD were hungry so we stopped at Wendy's drive thru near Avenura hotel.

dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Hi Stephanie - you're welcome - what a day - and great pictures. I'm so glad someone got the use of the deal - we already had SW tickets, so didn't do the Magical Dining Meal, although we ate at other places, which were really lovely. But, nothing compares to having the deal and free access to SW, especially with the free parking included (and free beers too ) We did do the Electric Ocean show though, and we really enjoyed it. Aventura looks a lovely hotel.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I still can't get over how great a bargain the Magical Dining offer was, glad you enjoyed your time at Seaworld.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
Hi Stephanie - you're welcome - what a day - and great pictures. I'm so glad someone got the use of the deal - we already had SW tickets, so didn't do the Magical Dining Meal, although we ate at other places, which were really lovely. But, nothing compares to having the deal and free access to SW, especially with the free parking included (and free beers too ) We did do the Electric Ocean show though, and we really enjoyed it. Aventura looks a lovely hotel.
Thank you again It was a lovely late addition to our plans and a nice change on our last day.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I still can't get over how great a bargain the Magical Dining offer was, glad you enjoyed your time at Seaworld.
It was a fantastic deal, would definitely do it again.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

What a fab deal and even better you got free access to the park. You got so much done too xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
What a fab deal and even better you got free access to the park. You got so much done too xx
Would definitely do it again. Thanks for reading.
Old 21 Nov 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Awesome bonus Seaworld trip, no coasters though? Glad you got to enjoy the shows though
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Awesome bonus Seaworld trip, no coasters though? Glad you got to enjoy the shows though
I don't really do coasters. I'll go on BTMRR and Everest at Disney but not brave enough for Hulk at Universal and all the Seaworld ones are big scary looking coasters. The carousel is more my thing
Old 4 Dec 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day for you guys, and I now know about Magical Dining Month too, so for our trip next year we'll be booking the exact same restaurant for our penultimate day! We weren't planning on doing Sea World, but for $140 including what looked a great meal, we just have to!
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like a fab day, and great value. I could just eat that omelette in your first photo, it looks really tasty!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List