Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Nov 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Our 'one last time' trip- October 2018 - Day Three - Animal Kingdom

Today I woke up just after half 5 – why is it never this easy to get up at home! I’m one of these people that has to hit snooze a few times! I had a multiple choice test that needed to be done for uni so I thought I might as well take a look while everyone was sleeping. I got most of it done this morning which was a bonus!

Once I was done I got everyone’s stuff ready for the day. My notes don’t say what time everyone else was up but once they were ready and had had a quick cereal bar for a pre-breakfast we left at about 8.20. We arrived at 9am and were parked in Dinosaur. A tram was there waiting so we jumped straight on and were on our way.

I took Leah through the no bag que and left Dan with the buggy and the bags!

Once we had done bag check and scanned our bands we headed straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris, with a quick picture of the Tree of Life on the way!

I’d booked an early FP in the hope that there would be lots of animals moving around. It sort of worked as the Giraffes and Lions were active and we got some good views of them. Although my pictures were terrible!

After our safari it was breakfast time, we were starving by now! I had planned a QS from the Yak & Yeti Local Café so we headed there. Me & Leah had a sausage and egg muffin.

Dan had the breakfast burrito and Ellie had the kids pancake and sausage on a stick.

All came with hash brown bites. I really enjoyed this breakfast (not sure if it was because I was absolutely starving by this point though) but those hash brown bites were amazing!

Ellie tried to open her syrup as soon as we sat down and ended up with it all down herself! No! I had no spare clothes, I turned her dress round until we found something else to grab her (although I forgot and she kept it on all day!)

We came out next to Kali River Rapids and Leah immediately wanted to ride, Ellie didn’t so me and her waited by the entrance not realising how far the exit was.

When they'd eventually come back we still had a while until our next FP so we walked round to EE so Dan could use the single rider que. When we got there he tried to get Leah to go on as well but she wasn’t having any of it. It was so hot today so me and the girls waited in the shade.

Once he was done we headed round to Dinoland and Leah and Dan did triceratops spin. Ellie hadn't wanted to ride many of the rides today and I hadn't pushed it as it would have probably just ended in tears. But I asked her what she wanted to do next so hopefully she would perk up and she said she wanted to meet some characters. Luckily just round the corner we found a Donald meet with a short que so we jumped in line. This was a great meet – Donald was in high spirits and showed the girls his trick balancing the autograph book on his beak. They thought it was great.

As we left we noticed Daisy nearby so jumped in line for this too. This turned out to be Ellie's favourite meet. She loved her she wouldn’t let go!

We even found a hidden mickey on the dinosaurs scarf!

I was so hot by this point and was craving something cold and refreshing so we headed to starbucks. We got 2 Berry Hibicous (although they were huge and one would definitely be enough) for me and the girls to share and a Frappuccino for Dan. We found a spot in the shade to sit down and rehydrate with a view like this!

Next was our FOTLK FP so I took the girls for a quick restroom spot and went and got in the que. We were sat a few rows back in the warthog section, just before the show started Ellie got a nosebleed! I had some wipes in my bag so she sat on my lap and it slowed down as it started. I walked out with handfuls of red tissues. We loved this show as always – the lion king is one of our favourite films and this show always makes me think we must book tickets for the west end show.

As we were leaving Leah complained of a headache so I gave her some calpol, made her drink some water and we headed to a ice cream stand. Leah got an olaf lolly and Ellie got a Mickey Ice cream sandwich.

We talked about leaving now as I was concerned her headache would just get worse but we still had our Pandora FP’s to use so said we would head over there and see how she was feeling afterwards.

This was our first experience of Pandora and while everyone had said it was amazing I had underestimated it. It really is incredible. I grabbed a night blossom drink (so pretty and so yummy!)

Of course I had to share! and we just wandered around taking photos of everything! I won't spam you with them all here, but just wow!

Dan had a FP for FOP but Ellie wasn’t tall enough to ride so me and the girls were doing N’avi River Journey instead. He headed off and we walked straight on. We all enjoyed this, although it is not worth the standby wait time. It's a pretty little ride though and nice that it is suitable for everyone.

We waited a while for Dan to come off FOP and Leah sat in the shade and read for a bit.

Once Dan had come back Leah had said her head was feeling a bit better and Ellie had been saying she wanted to meet Pocahontas all day so we headed to find her. On our way out Leah had her photo taken with one of the banshee toys - luckily she wasn't very impressed and didn't ask for one afterwards

Typically, as we got to Pocahontas they shut the que. They said it would reopen again at 3.45 but we had dinner booked at 4 so we told Ellie we might be able to come back after.

Ellie decided she wanted to do Kali River Rapids instead so we walked back round and Dan took both the girls on while I waited in the shade and caught up with some trip notes.

While I was waiting I managed to get a FP for its tough to be a bug (3.20 – 4.20) so once they had come off we walked round there. We scanned our bands and had got to the que area when Ellie announced she needed the toilet. She said she could wait but about 5 steps later decided she couldn’t so I told Dan to take Leah in and we'd wait at the exit once I'd taken her to the toilet.

When Leah and Dan came out she wasn’t very impressed and hadn’t liked the spider bit so maybe it was just as well Ellie didn’t go on.

It was nearly 4 by this point so we headed round to Rainforest Café. Although it was an early dinner it had felt like a long time since breakfast this morning and we had completely forgotten about lunch!

On our way past the Tree of Life we got a photopass photo and a magic shot, the que was much shorter than it had been this morning on the way in.

Leah was so excited about eating in Rainforest Cafe and wanted a picture with the sign, luckily someone passing by offered to take a picture for us.

Although we have one in London every time I have looked at eating here the menu hadn't seemed very good compared to the American ones, and it seems so expensive (£17 for a kids deal!). Even not being on the dining plan the cost didn't seem to bad at this one so maybe I'm looking at the wrong things!

We checked in for dinner and had a look round the shop while we were waiting – Ellie spotted the beanie boos so said if she was good during dinner she could spend her money on one on the way out. It wasn’t long before we were called.

Our server came over straight away and introduced himself and explained what we could have on the dining plan. Leah had Hot Dogs, fruit and an apple juice.

Ellie had Burgers, fruit and a chocolate milk.

I had Chicken Parmasan, Linguine, Garlic Bread and diet coke.

Dan had the steak, shrimp and ribs trio with a strawberry moijito.

We all had water as well. Our food was delicious and we all enjoyed what we had. For dessert we shared the volcano.

The total was 112.54 and we left a 25 dollar tip. On the way out the girls brought a beanie boo each, Leah got a Halloween one which was half price! I do love a bargain!

We left the park at 6.15, took the tram back to the car and unloaded the buggy and Leah asked for her autograph book. It was no where to be found. I remember her giving it to me and I put it in the bottom of the buggy but we had quite a bit of stuff in there and it must have fallen out. I felt awful and was furious with myself and close to tears. I know it's an over reaction but she had done what I always nag her to do and gave it to me to keep it safe and I'd lost it! She was actually really good about it and Ellie said they could share hers so there was no tears or dramatics from the kids - just me. We drove round to the drop off area and Dan ran in to guest services to see if it had been handed in. It hadn’t but they gave us a website to report it missing and a voucher for a replacement.

We logged it on the website when we got home but it didn’t show up unfortunately. We left again at 6.30.

It felt like we hadn’t got much done today at the time but looking back I don’t think we did too bad. I find this park difficult to navigate, more so than the others. I also think some of my photos are missing because I don't seem to have many from today. If they show up - I'll add them in.

When we got back to the hotel (it looked so pretty as always)

we went straight to the shop to replace the missing autograph book. Leah picked one she liked and we also brought two international stamps for the postcards we’d got in target.

I was hoping they would have a WDW postmark but they didn’t.

Dan got me to pick a charm I liked for Christmas – I chose the castle one.

We filled up our refillable mugs and headed back to the room. Tiredness must have caught up with us today because we were all asleep by 9.

We managed 8 rides/attractions, 2 characters and 15,168 steps (11.28km)
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Now that's dedication doing Uni work in Disney! I was the same with early mornings, now we're back I need dragging out of bed

I had no idea they did breakfast at Yak and Yeti Cafe, they all look so lovely and good sized portions too.

Poor Ellie, do you think everything was catching up on her? Glad that Donald managed to cheer her up a bit, the character interactions are fab aren't they. Her little face with Daisy! A picture to treasure for sure. Bless her with the nosebleed, could that have been why she wasn't feeling things this morning?

It's lovely when people offer to take photo's we had it a couple of times too. Lovely photo We've been to the one in London with the older 2 and it honestly wasn't worth it, I'm so glad the food was lovely, it looks really nice!

So sorry about the autograph book, I know what you mean as I would be the same too. It's good they gave you a voucher for a new one though. How lovely of Ellie to offer to share, what lovely girls.

That charm is beautiful, I had a Pandora splurge when we were there too. I think you got quite a lot done today! It always feels like that though doesn't it?

Another fab day xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Now that's dedication doing Uni work in Disney! I was the same with early mornings, now we're back I need dragging out of bed

I had no idea they did breakfast at Yak and Yeti Cafe, they all look so lovely and good sized portions too.

Poor Ellie, do you think everything was catching up on her? Glad that Donald managed to cheer her up a bit, the character interactions are fab aren't they. Her little face with Daisy! A picture to treasure for sure. Bless her with the nosebleed, could that have been why she wasn't feeling things this morning?

It's lovely when people offer to take photo's we had it a couple of times too. Lovely photo We've been to the one in London with the older 2 and it honestly wasn't worth it, I'm so glad the food was lovely, it looks really nice!

So sorry about the autograph book, I know what you mean as I would be the same too. It's good they gave you a voucher for a new one though. How lovely of Ellie to offer to share, what lovely girls.

That charm is beautiful, I had a Pandora splurge when we were there too. I think you got quite a lot done today! It always feels like that though doesn't it?

Another fab day xx
I was dreading it but typically I couldn't access it until this date so it had to be done - luckily it was something I could do fairly quickly! Haha me too - in Disney you just don't want to waste any of the day!

They were - we really enjoyed our breakfast here.

Yeah I think it might have been everything catching up on her - she was a bit sniffly this day as well, it didn't turn into a full blown cold but I think she might have just been a bit tired/under the weather.

Oh really, I'm glad you said that I won't bother trying it then - we'll just stick to the AK one when I can convince OH to go back

It was really nice of them to replace it and luckily we managed to replace most of the signatures. I'm sure she's completely forgotten about it by now, but i'm sure I'll feel guilty forever for it!

It's got to be done! They all look so pretty don't they I could have spent a fortune! xx
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

The Yak and Yeti breakfast looks lovely. Rainforest Cafe looks really good too.

What a shame about the lost autograph book, but lovely that they gave you a voucher for a new one, and at least it wasn't too far into your trip so that you could refill the new one
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
The Yak and Yeti breakfast looks lovely. Rainforest Cafe looks really good too.

What a shame about the lost autograph book, but lovely that they gave you a voucher for a new one, and at least it wasn't too far into your trip so that you could refill the new one
We had some lovely food that day - making me hungry thinking about it

That's true - if it had been at the very end it would have been even more of a disaster! It was lovely of the CM to replace it - Disney are so good at things like that
Old 26 Nov 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Great day in AK. That charm is beautiful, oh and I love your nails too!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Great day in AK. That charm is beautiful, oh and I love your nails too!
Thank you! I'm still waiting patiently for christmas so I can wear it lol!
Old 1 Dec 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Lovely day in AK 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List