Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Nov 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Our 'one last time' trip- October 2018 - Day Four - Hollywood Studios

I woke at about 6am today and packed a few bits up for our move tomorrow. Leah woke at around 7 and while we were waiting for the other two we went down to the car to get the buggy out. We took a little detour via the Boardwalk so I could get some pictures and Leah could post her postcards.

When we got back to the room Dan & Ellie were awake and getting ready for breakfast. Today we planned to use snack credits at the Bakery.

We used 4 snack credits and got 2 x chocolate croissants for the girls, an almond croissant for Dan and a warm cinnamon bun for me. Oh My! This was delicious! It was meant to be a total of $13.96.

After we had finished we went to reception to pay some of the room charges off and then went back to our room to get our stuff together for the day. Ellie had a moment here when she needed to sit and have some time to herself. She was being grumpy with us and her sister if I remember rightly so she sat with me in the room until she was ready to go down and join Dan and Leah who were looking round the shops.

We left the boardwalk just after 10 and got the friendship boat across which had just pulled up as we got there. There were a few people on the boat but we still managed to get a seat.

As we pulled up HS looked busy and bag check was slow. I would rather this and them do a thorough job however!

Ellie was desperate to meet Vamprina and after missing Pocahontas yesterday I wanted to make sure we made this one so we headed straight there. We waited around 20 minutes and she took a break as we got near to the front, but it was still a reasonable que.

After this Pluto and Doc were meeting next to her and each of these had no que so we met them both.

Sofia had a longer que so we left her for now.

We headed back to the front where we saw the march of the first order come past it was good to watch this although I think the girls were slightly intimidated when they saw the stormtroopers go up to people in the crowd.

While we were watching Dan grabbed some popcorn it was around $4.50 but we used a snack credit and shared it. Then we headed down sunset boulevard as Ellie wanted to do Tower of Terror, even up until when her and Dan walked off I thought she would change her mind but fair play to her she did it! Leah didnít want to do it so me and her sat in the shade. She was a bit grumpy here which is very unlike her! She said she was hot so I gave her a bottle of water I had brought, but she said it was too warm and was making her hotter so I grabbed her an ice water from Fairfax but she said this was too cold! I made her drink it anyway and gave her her notebook so she could make some more notes. This distracted her and she was fine after this.

Dan and Ellie came back and she said she loved it, there were no tears but I think the ghost stuff spooked her a bit! Dan had a R&R FP booked next so he headed there and me and the girls stayed in our shady spot. When he was done we got some photopass pictures done in front of TOT.

Next up was B&TB, we had a while until the show so Dan used a QS credit at Rosieís All American Cafť on an Angus Cheeseburger with a beer. Total should have been $19.99.

Me and the girls just fancied a snack so we used 3 snack credits in Hollywood Scoops. Leah had the apple crisp a la mode ($6.79) I had an ice cream cookie sandwich ($6.49)

and Ellie had a vanilla ice cream cone ($5.49).

We then headed into Beauty and the Beast. We enjoyed this show as always. Belle is Ellieís favourite so this was a must do for us and she loved it.

When we came out it had started to rain (as was the case every time it rained this holiday I had forgotten the ponchos!) we decided to head to TS land as our TS mania FP was valid soon and at least we would be inside. This would be our first time in TS land and itís a shame we were rushing past trying to get inside.

Itís definitely smaller than I expected but that could have been down to the crowds! The theming is fantastic though and the kids loved it! We got in the que and it didnít seem too busy. We all love this ride and the kids wanted to go again straight away but the que was too long. Dan got 143,000, I got 119,000, Leah got 41,000 and Ellie got 14,000.

After this Ellie needed the toilet so we used the TS land ones and we watched the green army men come past.

Next we headed to the 2.30 Frozen Ever After show. This was good and I always love seeing the girls faces when Elsa makes it snow at the end! Although I couldn't get a great picture.

While we were in there I managed to book our next FP for 6.20 for voyage of the little mermaid. As we had a while till our dinner reservation we headed to the front entrance grabbing a lemonade as a snack credit ($3.69) on the way to share. We sat on the bench outside and had some quiet time away from the crowds while we waited for our reservation.

Then pluto popped up behind the girls! They thought this was fantastic and was totally unexpected for them! Ellie was convinced he was following her after seeing him that morning and then again! She wanted to bring him home with us.

After Pluto had gone back in it was time to head to our Hollywood and vine reservation. We were there at 4 and waited around 10 Ė 15 minutes for our table to be ready. We met Minnie at the door and then followed the CM to our table.

Just look at her smile!

As we were seated we were given our Fantasmic tickets as we had booked the Fantasmic dining package.

Our server was over quickly to introduce herself and took our drink orders. Me & Dan both had cocktails Ė he had a celebrity margarita and I had the magical star cocktail with colour change ice cube!

Mickey, Daisy, Goofy and Donald came round to the tables and when they were 2 or 3 tables away our server would come over and warn us who would be over next. I think this was the only restaurant we experienced this at but it was really helpful as we could easily gauge when to go and grab some more food.

We saw Donald too in his space man suit but I can't seem to find the pictures. I loved seeing these characters in there halloween costumes and the food was pretty good. It didn't seem to be your standard buffet food which was nice. We had finished by half 5 and the total was $232 plus a $40 tip. We used 4 TS credits.

Once we were finished the kids wanted to head back round to TS land as they wanted to meet Woody and Jessie. I got in the que with Leah while Dan took Ellie to get another autograph book as she had just told us hers was full! She chose another one with princesses on and it was $14.99. We charged it to the room Ė we were going to miss doing this! The kids enjoyed this meet Ė especially as they had never met Jessie.

We considered queing for Buzz but our little mermaid FP was getting close so we headed there. As it happened we met Buzz the next day at MK and his que was much shorter.

The Little Mermaid was good I think they may have changed it slightly since we last went. It was nice to be sitting inside in the AC but the dark nearly made me nod off. We still had a bit of time before Fantasmic so Dan headed to Star Tours, Leah said she wanted to ride too so they went off while me and Ellie watched the Jedi Training Show. This looked brilliant if you had kids that were into Star Wars. I was getting panicking as Dan & Leah didnít come out of Star Tours until 7.20 and I really wanted to get good seats for Fantasmic. It was an 8 o clock showing that night.

Once they were out I marched them over. I neednít have worried we ended up in the 2nd row. It was at 7.50 that Ellie decided she needed the toilet! Dan took her and luckily it wasnít far away he came back with a lemonade and some more popcorn which he used 2 snack credits for. This was our first time watching Fantasmic and we were all really impressed. I thought the kids would love this because of all the characters at the end and they did. Ellie was obsessed with sorcerer mickey for the rest of the trip.

When we were leaving we could see the Star Wars fireworks but we didnít stop to watch as wanted to catch the boat back before it got too busy. The boat pulled away just as we got to the dock and it seemed to take ages for the next one to come along. I think it was about 9 o'clock so canít have been that long.

We got off at the Swan and Dolphin as the driver said it would be quicker to walk from there and it didnít take long. As we walked back into the Boardwalk we could see the Epcot fireworks.

We stopped at stage door and grabbed three bags of goofy candy ($5.79 each) and 2 cookies ($3.99 each) for 5 snack credits.

We got back to the room at about half 9 and the kids both fell asleep instantly. I had really pushed them this week and was really pleased with how well they had coped with jet lag. Weíd had a few grumpy moments but a shady spot and a drink and they were raring to go again. I had a bath and set my alarm for half 6 ready for a day in MK tomorrow. Me & Dan fell asleep just after 11.

Today we managed 14,569 steps (10.84km), 11 characters and 7 attractions/rides + fantasmic.
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

What a great day 😀. Great idea at H&V to let you know when the characters are close, we found this difficult to gauge at 1900 Park Fare this year. We love Fantasmic too, itís a great show with so many characters to see as well as the fireworks etc.

Edited at 08:15 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a lovely day.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

So cute seeing Leah posting the postcard and those pastries look lovely, I wish my lot had liked them so we could have had more, but none of them liked pastries and Mr Grump has a huge aversion to cinnamon too so that's most other things ruled out

Yay well done Ellie, what a big brave girl. Poor Leah, I think the heat gets to them and they just don't know what to do, do they?

What a fab magic shot!

I loved the B&TB show, it's one of my favourite films, I may have shed a tear or two watching it.

Well done on the TSM scores. The Army men are great aren't they, they must be so hot in those costumes!

Sounds like a lovely meal at H&V and great character interaction too.

Another fab day, I think the kid's adapt so much better than we expect them too, the girls have done fabulous, looking forward to the rest of the report xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
So cute seeing Leah posting the postcard and those pastries look lovely, I wish my lot had liked them so we could have had more, but none of them liked pastries and Mr Grump has a huge aversion to cinnamon too so that's most other things ruled out

Yay well done Ellie, what a big brave girl. Poor Leah, I think the heat gets to them and they just don't know what to do, do they?

What a fab magic shot!

I loved the B&TB show, it's one of my favourite films, I may have shed a tear or two watching it.

Well done on the TSM scores. The Army men are great aren't they, they must be so hot in those costumes!

Sounds like a lovely meal at H&V and great character interaction too.

Another fab day, I think the kid's adapt so much better than we expect them too, the girls have done fabulous, looking forward to the rest of the report xx

Oh no I'm a sucker for a pastry lol! Not good for any diets lol!

I think that's it, it was very hot and humid, sometimes they just need a shady spot and some time to cool down I think! Even as adults we get a bit like that at times!

Ah I don't blame you is one of my favourites too!

They really do - they kind of just take it all within their stride! xx
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
All the characters at H&V look so cute in their outfits. You did really well with the meets today, so many characters and the girls seemed to really enjoy it. You all did really well to last all day!

Disneyland 1994.
DLP 2000, 2019, 2020.
Orlando 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 (cancelled), 2021 (cancelled).

Jamaican Me Crazy Click here for new trip report

All my old trip reports are here in one place NYC and Orlando 2017, Salzburg 2017, Boston 2017, Orlando 2018, Berlin 2018, DLP 2019, Orlando 2019, Washington DC 2019, DLP 2020.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
All the characters at H&V look so cute in their outfits. You did really well with the meets today, so many characters and the girls seemed to really enjoy it. You all did really well to last all day!
They were great outfits Thank you - we did quite well with the characters today. I think having a TS meal helped - it gave us an hour or so to recharge and have a break otherwise I'm not sure we would have lasted lol! x
Old 1 Dec 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List