Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Jan 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

Me, 3 and gluten free - Day 5 - Epcot & Hollywood Studios

Sighhh, I really am not doing well getting through this trip report! 15 months on and i'm still only on day 5

If you would like to read along the link to the index is Here

Soooo, day 5! our very first trip to Epcot, I had been looking forward to this as I really wanted to ride Soarin (despite my horrific fear of heights).

I have no notes on what we had for breakfast but assume it was cereal and a cuppa in the Villa. Nor do I know what time we got up because that isn't noted either! (epic note making fail right there! I obviously didn't think it would take me the best part of a year and a half to write the report up!)

So into Epcot we go and our first ride is Test Track, Chunky and I build one and grumpy and son build their own (as we can't win if they make one with us!) . . i'm pretty sure our design beat there's

Next, much to the horror of both children its Frozen ever after . They had been warned to keep gobs shut and moaning below my acute level of hearing! I had brought them across the atlantic, they were going to smile through the frozen ride! I happily sang away all the way round and have a lovely picture of chunky and myself smiling and the backs of grumpy and son's heads where they had ducked ready for the splash as we went down the little waterfall!

On to Mission space, now I warned them! I really did! don't do the orange, you'll regret it! SERIOUSLY! don't do the orange! Chunky very sensibly said 'ok mum, we'll do green', other 2? oh no, they would be fine! orange for them

Chunky and I rode green, I wasn't feeling my best (I don't do well in simulators due to a problem with focusing my eyes, and my inner ear balance or something, so they do make me feel ill), Chunky loves it! really REALLY loves it! chatting happily to the lady who shared our 'aircraft', im just smiling whilst hoping the thing stops soon! We get off and we wait . . and we wait . . . and we waaaaaait! chunky gets bored and walks back down the exit a little bit to see if they were coming . . nope! We wait a bit longer and after what must have been 20 minutes they finally emerge and grumpy does NOT look well (monster is of course full of it and has loved every second of the Orange torture . . weird child). Thankfully DH did manage to not throw up but he was very pale and we had to go to imageworks just so he could have a sit down! I start slowly feeding him a few mike and ikes while the kids have some fun looking at the imageworks and DH slowly starts to regain some colour. Now I tried really hard to be that loving supportive wife, but the 'I told you so!' just kinda slipped out! I did refrain from laughing too much . . FYI the next time they rode, he went on Green with Chunky without a murmer

We then did Pixar shorts and i'm ashamed to say, I have absolutely no recollection of this ride! then it was on to Imagination with Figment where I have a vivid image of chunky going 'ugh! that smells gross!' halfway round.

Finally it was time for Soarin! I was both excited and slightly terrified at the same time! We were in the centre set of seats in the second row, I checked mine and chunkys restraints VERY thoroughly. Up we went into the screen and suddenly I've left Disney and i'm flying my heart is in my throat, im not going to lie! despite knowing i'm only about 5 mtrs in the air it still feels like im miles above the ground! then the view changes to over the sea and i'm ok, I love every single minute right up until the chair tips at the end, poor Chunky! I clutched that childs hand like I was hanging on for my life! Didn't put me off the ride though and I knew i'd definitely be riding again!

To allow my poor heart to slow down, we opted for living with the land next and had a nice leisurely ride with chunky excitedly pointing out a 'not so' hidden mickey, then it was on to Nemo and finally Turtle Talk before we decided that we'd had enough for one morning and left the park in search of some lunch.

Today we decided on TGI Fridays and we're extremely happy with our choice!

DH had - Jack Daniels Chicken with a Coke

Me - Deep Fried Chicken Sandwich with a sprite

Chunky - Childrens Chicken Sandwich with a kids slushy

Monster - Gluten Free Sizzling Chicken and Cheese with a coke

The bill came to $49.82 before tax and tip and we were all stuffed!

We then went back to the villa for the 3 amigos to have a swim, I decided to stay dry but after the 4th time of getting splashed from one of them bombing into the pool I lost my rag a bit and stomped off in the villa (I promise I did get over myself fairly quickly!)
Old 2 Jan 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

After I've dragged them all out the pool and into showers we pack up and get ready for Hollywood studios.

First up is Muppets 3D, which we all loved then it was on to Star Tours, now after the last attempt I refused point blank to even consider it, so the 3 troublemakers deposited me in the Christmas shop (knowing i'd still be there happily by the time they'd finished even if they had to queue for 1/2 hr) and went off to ride, when they came back, I was assured it was just as 'epic' as the first time, i'll take their word for that!

On to Toy Story Mania, now i'm sure that my gun is broken! that is the only reason I can think of I did not win! I have neglected to write down the scores . . . don't know how that happened so we'll never be able to remember who actually did win that game
Finally its time for Star Wars Fireworks! They did not disappoint! Chunky found herself a comfortable bit of floor and I stood behind her like a quarterback making sure no-one invaded her space too much (and that she could still see), she did not move from the first sound to the last, she was enthralled!

Finally its time to head home and we start to follow the masses back toward the gate, into the car and we're in the villa and into bed for 11pm

Tomorrow its Harley Davidson and Disney Springs!