Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Jan 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Our 'one last time' trip- October 2018 - Day 12 - Florida Mall & Disney Springs

Leah came into me at around 7.50 and we had a cuddle before she moved into the living room with her duvet and kindle. She was reading the famous five this holiday and was engrossed!

We had talked about going to Blue Springs today but the weather had forecast thunderstorms, so we changed our plans to visit the Florida Mall and Disney Springs - I don't have many pictures from today though. As it happened the weather was fine until about 3 – so we could have gone and spent the morning there! I’m still disappointed we didn’t get to go but that’s always a good reason to return one day.

I cooked bacon, eggs and tator tots for breakfast today to try and use up some of the food we had brought. By the time it was ready, we had all eaten and everything was cleared up it was about half 10 and we left for the Florida Mall not long after. The drive seemed to go quick and there wasn’t much traffic and we arrived at 11.04 and parked outside Macy’s.

As we passed through I spotted the MAC counter but the girls were dying to get to the Disney store so said I’d come back. Dan had to get a coffee before we went anywhere and then we headed to the Disney Store (because we hadn’t had enough Disney yet!).

As soon as we got in there the kids started loading the basket up – they still had quite a bit of spending money left and I couldn’t imagine there was much they would want to buy on the cruise so we went with it. Ellie got the Jasmine animator set that she had wanted in the parks (it was 19.95 here compared to 26.95 in the parks) and we also got an animator blind bag, two Rapunzel animator plushes (one for her friend back home), snow white plush, animator moana set and a stationary set. The total was $122.10. They had the limited edition jasmine doll behind the counter as someone had returned it. She was beautiful and I was tempted to buy her. I walked out the shop, back in and then out again. I just couldn't make my mind up! I didn't get her in the end - I was sensible!

Once that was done, we had a more leisurely stroll around, we popped in Victoria’s secret, Adidas and a few other shops but the deals we had seen at the outlets earlier in the holiday had been much better.

I finally got to Bath and Body Works! This time Dan sat outside with the girls while I went in and had a proper look. I ended up getting 2 x 3 wick candles which were half price down to $12.95, a stand for the candles, 5 hand soaps and 6 hand sanitisers. The total was $76.25. I had no idea how I was going to get all this home on top of all the Victoria’s Secret lotions and sprays I had brought! Never mind, that was still over a week away!

The kids then wanted to spend some money in build a bear so we headed there. They had some on a 2 for $25 deal so they both got a rabbit and then spent some extra on clothes, scents and sounds. Ellie chose a Cinderella dress and Leah chose an autumn themed dress. Ellie added a Moana song and Leah chose ‘The Glow’ one of my favourite Disney songs. The total in the end was $65.84.

After this we headed to the Crayola Experience as Leah wanted to see what was in there. She got some colour your own socks for $10.

Once we were done here we headed back through Macy’s where I finally got to look at the MAC counter. Dan went off to do something here and left me with the girls – typically as soon as he was out of sight a man and a woman next to us started kicking off having a full blown row – I thought it was going to get violent at one point. They didn’t know each other and ended up with both of their family members getting involved. I just tried to steer the kids away discreetly before they realised what was going on. I still managed to buy two eyeshadow palettes (one for my sister back home) for $29.50 and a mascara for $16.96 though. Make up purchased and we found Dan again and escaped from the crazy people arguing in Macy’s.

Once we had made it back to the car we put Disney Springs in the Sat Nav as there was a decoration I had seen earlier in the holiday at the contemporary I wanted and I was hoping the Christmas shop would have it. I’m not sure how long it took to get there but I don’t remember there being much traffic. Once parked we headed straight for days of Christmas and we all hunted. It was a Minnie mouse bow and was $14.99, while I was hunting I found another one I liked but was $27.99 so I put it back and carried on looking. I finally found it back at where I started and Dan came over holding the other more expensive bauble I had seen. It was obviously meant to be! It was a glass mickey head shape with the castle, tree of life, epcot ball and tower of terror in and I am still in love with it! It had pride of place on my tree this year! I don't have a picture but here is one from google.

Leah also brought a nightmare before Christmas colouring book and we got both the girls some special earrings. Ellie chose Minnie Mouse bows and Leah chose Tinkerbell.

As we headed out I had promised Ellie way back at the Boardwalk that she could have a candy apple this trip so as we were passing Goofy’s Candy Company we headed in.

Leah chose a Minnie Mouse one and Ellie chose Sorcerer Mickey. Ever since seeing Fantastmic he had become her favourite. The total was $23.41 but oh wow they were amazing. We found a table and sat down and made a start on them but they were huge and too big to finish in one go even between the four of us so we wrapped them back up again to finish later.

We’d finished at Disney Springs now so headed back to the car to do a quick stop at Target before heading home.

We stopped at the one nearest to us again so I could grab some PJ shorts. I still wear my ones from 2016 and they are so comfy! We also grabbed some jolly ranchers for my sister and we needed toilet roll. We got some strawberries and garlic bread as well and the total was just under $25.

As we pulled into Storey Lake so many birds flew overhead and I said to Dan I bet there’s a storm coming so we should hurry in! As we got out the car it started raining so I grabbed our bags and told the kids to run and just as we got to the door it poured down! I had literally never seen anything like it. We settled the kids in there room with a film and there toys and we put the telly on in the front room to storm watch! There were tornado warnings all around us!

It had completely turned and we could hear the wind and rain coming down hard! We watched storm tracker for a while but luckily it began to weaken and didn’t hit us as a tornado. The kids were completely oblivious luckily as I don’t know whether they would have panicked watching the news. Dan cooked pasta and chicken and we finished off the candy apples for pudding and I started the packing with all our new purchases. One case was for our cruise so it was a case of spreading the rest evenly through the other 3 cases! My notes stop here for today! No step count but I can’t imagine we did that many.
At some point I would imagine we watched Family Feud and were all in a bed at a reasonable time.
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

That Jasmine doll is beautiful! You did so well resisting it, I couldn't have!

I love the haul in BaBW, I loved it in there but wish I'd have a proper chance to look around too. It smells amazing. I hope you managed to fit it all in.

Wow, I'm surprised security didn't get involved, some people are just crazy. Chris would do the same with the kids it must be a man thing.

The bauble is beautiful, there's so many nice ones it's hard to choose isn't it. I let Chris choose ours, it's nice but I wish I'd choosen

Sounds like a perfectly chilled day, I love it. Chris had text me about the tornado warning as they were at US but I googled and never seen anything xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
That Jasmine doll is beautiful! You did so well resisting it, I couldn't have!

I love the haul in BaBW, I loved it in there but wish I'd have a proper chance to look around too. It smells amazing. I hope you managed to fit it all in.

Wow, I'm surprised security didn't get involved, some people are just crazy. Chris would do the same with the kids it must be a man thing.

The bauble is beautiful, there's so many nice ones it's hard to choose isn't it. I let Chris choose ours, it's nice but I wish I'd choosen

Sounds like a perfectly chilled day, I love it. Chris had text me about the tornado warning as they were at US but I googled and never seen anything xx
I instantly regretted it as soon as I left but it was for the best as I literally have no where to display it lol.

Isn't it - I wish we had them over here! I'm going to need to book another trip to stock up on anti bac and hand soap

I know - its crazy what people will have full on arguments over! Security were nowhere to be seen surprisingly! I would have thought they would have been alerted!

Haha it must be lol - oh to be a man

Oh really - I think it died down quickly once it hit the coast and headed inland and had died off by the time it hit Orlando area - from what I gathered from the weather channel anyway! xx
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great shopping haul, I could just do with one of those apples right now!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List