Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 8 Jan 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Any must see shops for Florida first timers?

Hey! I’m heading to Florida in the next month and I’m trying to get a list together of shops we should visit. We are two young women so cosmetic shops, clothes shops etc- really anything we don’t have in the U.K., or is significantly cheaper in Florida would help. Or anything really impressive

I haven’t yet decided if we will make the trip to the Florida mall, or just shop Disney springs, but all suggestions are welcome and I’ll figure out the logistics later!

So far we’ve decided we want to visit Sephora, bath and body works and Barnes and noble- but those three are the only big US shop names I really know or am remembering at this moment in time, so all suggestions are welcome!

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ulta is similar to Sephora, but with cheaper ranges too. My fav store out there. ulta, look up any brands you fancy.

I'm into crafting, so go to Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Jo-Ann.
Check out the spreadsheet stickie above for stores and shopping malls/areas.
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hey if you go to a marshalls they always have a great range of beauty stuff like Anastasia and Kat von d for half the price of sephora. I think tj Maxx do as Well. Marshalls is the best shop ever lol well after Wal-Mart it has lots of discount designer items. I love sephora for their face masks and always go in at least 4 times when in Florida lol different stores do different wee sets and stuff.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Ulta is similar to Sephora, but with cheaper ranges too. My fav store out there. ulta, look up any brands you fancy.

I'm into crafting, so go to Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Jo-Ann.
Check out the spreadsheet stickie above for stores and shopping malls/areas.
I’m pretty into crafting as well, I’d never considered shopping craft shops in the US though. Is there anything US specific or cheaper that I should look out for? I paint a lot but I don’t know if paints are any cheaper there, will have to look into it!

I’ve heard of Ulta but completely forgotten about it! I’m only such a Sephora fan because they have them in Paris, but anyway to get things cheaper is a win in my book, we will definitely head to an ulta!

Thank you!
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by hutton5 View Post
Hey if you go to a marshalls they always have a great range of beauty stuff like Anastasia and Kat von d for half the price of sephora. I think tj Maxx do as Well. Marshalls is the best shop ever lol well after Wal-Mart it has lots of discount designer items. I love sephora for their face masks and always go in at least 4 times when in Florida lol different stores do different wee sets and stuff.

Ohhhhhhh another make up shop we have to visit! How come the Americans get all the good shops?

I do love Sephora face masks- and their overnight hair masks. I always buy so many when I’m in Paris near a Sephora that I can go the whole year without running out again ! I even have a Sephora points card, but I’ll have to see if it works in the US or just in France.
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Michaels Joanne's and Hobby Lobby all do coupons
It's a bit of a pain now as you can't access Hobby Lobby on line
With out a VPN but you can pick up there leaflet at the store door it always has a 40% coupon off a full,price item in it
Michaels and Joanne's sign up on line
Michaels is particularly good with painting supplies offers
The offers change weekly and Michaels now accepts all craft store coupons
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
Ohhhhhhh another make up shop we have to visit! How come the Americans get all the good shops?

I do love Sephora face masks- and their overnight hair masks. I always buy so many when I’m in Paris near a Sephora that I can go the whole year without running out again ! I even have a Sephora points card, but I’ll have to see if it works in the US or just in France.
Marshalls isn't a make up shop it's like a tk Maxx only better. It's so good. Part of the reason I love Florida is the shops they just make me so happy. I've also a sephora points card. Make sure you get your rewards whilst there. They always have a wee selection at the counter of what you can get with your points.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Am I allowed to input on this thread even though I'm just the chauffeur generally.

B&BW worth four or five trips (apparently ) although none at DS there's maybe five in a 10/11 mile radius of WDW.

Sephora at DS and Ulta at the Loop but mainly for daughters and granddaughter.

Joan crafts as well and Hobby Lobby. Michaels and Jo-ann are all worth a trip. Massive discounts in November.

We often find for clothes that the likes of Macy's offer better deals than the outlets. Often have sales on and you can get an International Visitor's Card for an extra 10% or 11% off.

Mick
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Combine the two, Florida Mall and opposite is Barnes and Noble.
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Have to agree with Mick bath and body works is amazing. The best body products ever. Always have a sale on. And yes Mick at least 4 visits lol