Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Jan 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Our 'one last time' trip- October 2018 - Day 17 - Nassau

The days were flying past now!

My alarm woke me at 6.30 after a much better nights sleep and I watched the sunrise again.

We were docking at Nassau, Bahamas today and we had prebooked an excursion to Blue Lagoon Island.

We were due to dock at 8am so I watched the ship come in and woke Dan at 7 and the girls at 7.15. Leah got up straight away but Ellie took a bit longer. Land ahoy!

At about 7.30 Dan took Leah down to get a starbucks while I finished getting Ellie ready. They got back around 7.50 and we headed up to the Windjammer for breakfast. I got a pastry and orange juice, Leah had a fry up, fruit and apple juice, Ellie had cheerios, fruit and orange juice and Dan had granola, yoghurt and orange juice.

We then headed to the theatre on deck 5 to meet for our excursion.

Everyone was queuing for water so we did the same and asked for two bottles. They charged us $16! This is where we made a mental note to not buy anything again! Seriously, I thought Disney prices were bad but this was crazy. We sat and waited for our group to be called while Dan was fuming over being charged $8 a bottle of water! I said why didn’t you just give them back but I think pride stopped him!

We waited for our group to be called and then we all followed down to deck 1. Halfway down I asked Dan if he had packed his swim shorts – he assumed I had and as we all had ours on I just thought Dan would do the same. Apparently not. He ran back to our room to grab them and told us to go on ahead, but he had our passports so when we got to the exit with the rest of our group me and the girls couldn’t even get off and just had to wait. He eventually got back and luckily our group hadn’t got far and we managed to join the back of the line and get our wristbands before getting a couple of photos of the ship.

He put his shorts on top of the beach bag and we followed the group to our boat which would take us to the island. We were the last ones on so had to squeeze into a tiny space but at least we were on our way. I held on tight to the beach bag as it didn’t close and I didn’t want to lose anything. The boat took about 20/25 minutes and we went past some beautiful houses on the coast. We docked at blue lagoon and it looked beautiful and we were the first boat to arrive.

The VIP’s got off first and headed to the right side of the beach (no children allowed) and then everyone else was allowed off and were directed to the left. We found sunbeds right at the front, dumped our stuff and then I took the kids off to find the toilets.

When we got back Dan asked where his swim shorts where. And yup you guessed it – they were nowhere to be found.

He ran back to the dock to check the boat but it pulled away just as he got there. It was like something out of a comedy sketch – except it wasn’t funny at this point. Me and him were snapping at each other – he thought I should have packed them and my argument is I sort myself and both the kids he should be able to sort his own stuff out and it was getting more and more frustrating by the minute!

I sent him to the shop and told him to buy a pair and $30 later he was finally able to get in the water. (The same boat was back in 30 minutes which we didn’t realise – but the swim shorts were still nowhere to be seen! I have no idea where they actually went!) At the time this seemed like a massive deal – but I had actually forgotten about it until reading about it in my trip notes.

Anyway, back to the day – I grabbed a ring and floated in the sea away from him for a bit to try and destress after this morning. Leah started building a sandcastle and Ellie was splashing about in the water so I moved to a lounger. The area of beach we sat on was like a cove – it was shallow then got slightly deeper before getting shallow again so was really safe for the kids. There were also a few lifeguards on duty just in case.

On the opposite side of the island there was a rockier beach which was open sea – I walked over there but didn’t bother going in because it looked quite choppier out there.

The kids started a game where one buried a seashell and marked the sand with an X and the other had to find it. It was lovely to watch them invent games like this which kept them busy for ages! It was so relaxing just laying in the sunshine watching them.

I wanted to head round to see the dolphins so we went for a walk and you could get really close to them. We hadn’t bothered to book a swim ticket as we had all swam with them the year before in Mexico however seeing them again made me wish we had!

By this point it was getting on for lunchtime – we had lunch included with our ticket so we headed to the restaurant. You could choose between a number of meats and then helped yourself to chips, salad etc. I chose chicken burger, Ellie had a burger, Leah had a hot dog and Dan had a cheeseburger. We all had chips with them except Dan who had rice. We all had salad and corn on the cob too. The food was good but the buns were really dry so I ended up leaving mine.

Once we were done we headed back to the loungers and we all got in the sea. I was shattered so I didn’t last long before I went back to the lounger and ended up falling asleep. The kids were more than happy carrying on with their game – they had got on so well today. The last boat went back at 4 so at about 3 I rounded everyone up for one more look at the dolphins and it just happened to be feeding time. We watched a man feed a couple and the girls were engrossed. He asked us if they had been in with them today and we said no so he said to follow him and he let them get in! I was so jealous! They put life jackets on and they got in the water and two dolphins came swimming up! They swam past them a couple of times then they got to stroke them and then the dolphins gave them a kiss. He told me where to stand to get the best photos and let me take a couple of pictures. It was the most amazing experience we really weren’t expecting and after a stressful start to the day it was a perfect way to end it! I couldn’t stop telling them how lucky they were!

Once the girls had jumped out we carried on walking round to the sealions and then back to our loungers so we could pack our stuff up.

We boarded the boat back at 4 and it was packed again so we had to sit on the floor. It was quite choppy and the girls were making me nervous being close to the edge and thankfully a man gave up his seat and let them sit down. Ellie fell asleep within minutes.

Hello Nassau

We were back at Nassau at 4.50 and walked back to the ship showing our seapasses and passports.

Once we were back on the ship we headed to the Windjammer to grab a drink and then back to the room to get changed for dinner.

Tonight I had salad

followed by lasagne

and crème brulee

Dan had seafood cake

steak and lasagne (he couldn’t decide so Lenson said he would bring both!)

and warm cookie dough.

Leah had fruit, chicken fingers and ice cream.

and Ellie had fruit, steak and brownie (Lenson added cookies and ice cream to her pudding as well – we were really being spoilt!).

Once our meal was finished he also brought over a plate of cookies for us to take away as he said the girls might get hungry later on! The kids were eager to go to kids club again but I managed to talk them out of it as we were all shattered and had another early start tomorrow. The sun had really taken it out of us today and we headed back to our stateroom to a towel animal and we were all in bed by 9.

Tomorrow we dock at RC's island - Cococay and take a glass bottom boat tour.
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Red Nats
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

We are doing our first cruise this year also RCI so loving this cruise report thank you
Red Nats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Oh dear, such a shame about the shorts. Chris is the same and several times I had to ask him if he had his shorts as he just expected me to pack everything, same with his glasses! men!

What a lovely touch with the dolphins, what lucky girls they are.

Another fab day even though it was a rocky start xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disney-101
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

disney-101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We are doing this same cruise (different ship) this year, so am loving this trip report. Thank you.
2012 SSR
disney-101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Red Nats View Post
We are doing our first cruise this year also RCI so loving this cruise report thank you

Thank you so much for reading! Ah amazing - whereabouts are you going? You will have the best time!

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oh dear, such a shame about the shorts. Chris is the same and several times I had to ask him if he had his shorts as he just expected me to pack everything, same with his glasses! men!

What a lovely touch with the dolphins, what lucky girls they are.

Another fab day even though it was a rocky start xx

What are they like! They are definitely like having an extra child at times! (sometimes worse )

It really was, the people there were so lovely xx

Originally Posted by disney-101 View Post
We are doing this same cruise (different ship) this year, so am loving this trip report. Thank you.
Ah you will have such a lovely time! I think Cococay will be finished soon so I bet it will be amazing when you go! Would love to see it all finished! Thank you so much for reading!
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
what a great experience for your little girls...how fantastic and simply... priceless!
thanks for sharing x
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Absolutely loving this trip report, makes me wish we'd booked a cruise!
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List