Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 8 Jan 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by hutton5 View Post
Have to agree with Mick bath and body works is amazing. The best body products ever. Always have a sale on. And yes Mick at least 4 visits lol
Sign up to their email list and they will send you regular emails advising the new offer in the store that day - for instance B3G3F and occasionally get a 20% off email and combine the two offers.

We never venture to B&BW until the morning emails have arrived.

Mick
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sign up to their email list and they will send you regular emails advising the new offer in the store that day - for instance B3G3F and occasionally get a 20% off email and combine the two offers.

We never venture to B&BW until the morning emails have arrived.

Mick
Thank you. I get them and it's always an excuse to go back, much to my husband's annoyance lol
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Michaels Joanne's and Hobby Lobby all do coupons
It's a bit of a pain now as you can't access Hobby Lobby on line
With out a VPN but you can pick up there leaflet at the store door it always has a 40% coupon off a full,price item in it
Michaels and Joanne's sign up on line
Michaels is particularly good with painting supplies offers
The offers change weekly and Michaels now accepts all craft store coupons
I'll definitely look into it! We are only going for 8 days and now I'm worried I don't have enough time for all the shopping I want to do! Some of it may have to wait until our 2020 visit
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by hutton5 View Post
Marshalls isn't a make up shop it's like a tk Maxx only better. It's so good. Part of the reason I love Florida is the shops they just make me so happy. I've also a sephora points card. Make sure you get your rewards whilst there. They always have a wee selection at the counter of what you can get with your points.
Oh I love TK Maxx! I always feel so accomplished when I leave with things I wanted at a good price! I will definitely have a look!
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Am I allowed to input on this thread even though I'm just the chauffeur generally.

B&BW worth four or five trips (apparently ) although none at DS there's maybe five in a 10/11 mile radius of WDW.

Sephora at DS and Ulta at the Loop but mainly for daughters and granddaughter.

Joan crafts as well and Hobby Lobby. Michaels and Jo-ann are all worth a trip. Massive discounts in November.

We often find for clothes that the likes of Macy's offer better deals than the outlets. Often have sales on and you can get an International Visitor's Card for an extra 10% or 11% off.

Mick
Thanks for all the tips and advice, will definitely be signing up to the B&BW emailing list before we go!
Old 8 Jan 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Don’t expect cheap at Disney Springs. It’s nice to walk around but it’s very much high end now.
Twiggy1953 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jadebe
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
Hey! I’m heading to Florida in the next month and I’m trying to get a list together of shops we should visit. We are two young women so cosmetic shops, clothes shops etc- really anything we don’t have in the U.K., or is significantly cheaper in Florida would help. Or anything really impressive

I haven’t yet decided if we will make the trip to the Florida mall, or just shop Disney springs, but all suggestions are welcome and I’ll figure out the logistics later!

So far we’ve decided we want to visit Sephora, bath and body works and Barnes and noble- but those three are the only big US shop names I really know or am remembering at this moment in time, so all suggestions are welcome!
If you have time, we love a trip to Winter Park for smaiier independent shops, especially on a Saturday when the market’s on.
Old 8 Jan 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
I’m pretty into crafting as well, I’d never considered shopping craft shops in the US though. Is there anything US specific or cheaper that I should look out for? I paint a lot but I don’t know if paints are any cheaper there, will have to look into it!

I’ve heard of Ulta but completely forgotten about it! I’m only such a Sephora fan because they have them in Paris, but anyway to get things cheaper is a win in my book, we will definitely head to an ulta!

Thank you!
Consider the craft shop we have here- Hobbycraft! Then times the size of the store by at least 10! Plus prices much cheaper! You will be amazed at the stuff out there! Sign up for coupons, as Helen says! I do a shopping list before I go and compare prices online! Florida is usually cheaper and some brands are not available in the UK.
Old 8 Jan 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

My DW would highly recommend a trip to any of the Michael Kors Outlets. It’s not a holiday if we don’t bring a few handbags home with us.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I’d also echo Mick’s point about department stores - sale rails in JC Penny, Macy’s, Kohl’s all excellent bargains.
If houseware is your thing, Crate & Barrel or Williams Sonoma are worth a visit. For candles Yankee Candles. I’m sure more will come to mind...

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List