Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
My Magic Holiday
Unread 8 Jan 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Just awful
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Next Trip
Unread 12 Jan 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
Apprentice Imagineer

A few years ago one of our large serviced offices in Salford Quays (shared office building) 2 delivery guys turn up to deliver a large 55 plasma tv to one of the meeting rooms. Turns out the box they brought in was empty and they actually stole a plasma screen (taking it away in the box theyd previously brought in). The nerve of some people!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1st time for our 4 kids!
Unread 12 Jan 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Also whilst at the same company (in the south), obviously staff had individual desks with drawers built in. Wed all leave our files & personal effects and usually our keys were left in the drawers as we all implicitly trusted each other. But things started to go missing- loose change, food, gift cards, mobile phones and other things. However the only CCTV was in our stock room (and quite hidden - most workers didnt realise it was there including me!) & not the office area itself. Security fortunately view that footage and found 2 cleaners transferring stolen goods into a rubbish bag in order to get them out of the building.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1st time for our 4 kids!
Unread 12 Jan 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I work for a company that supplies to retail (we own the brand). One of our customers is a mail order catalogue. The way it works is the consumer orders from the catalogue company, they then send it to us electronically and we ship the goods to the customer. If the consumer returns it, they do so directly to us but the catalogue company refunds them. One customer ordered a 55 pair of sheepskin slippers. They sent them back but when our returns department opened the box, it contained a horrible, dirty, old pair of cheap slippers. So this customer had her 55 refunded by the catalogue company AND had the slippers. There was no paperwork in the box and we sell so many, we couldnt trace it back to identify the consumer.
San Francisco
Universal VR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Ready for another one,
Unread 12 Jan 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
PJB71
Imagineer

Mobile

I was in MK on 17th with my ECV but promise it wasnt me!
PJB71 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Family Christmas & New Year Trip
Unread 16 Jan 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
I work for a company that supplies to retail (we own the brand). One of our customers is a mail order catalogue. The way it works is the consumer orders from the catalogue company, they then send it to us electronically and we ship the goods to the customer. If the consumer returns it, they do so directly to us but the catalogue company refunds them. One customer ordered a 55 pair of sheepskin slippers. They sent them back but when our returns department opened the box, it contained a horrible, dirty, old pair of cheap slippers. So this customer had her 55 refunded by the catalogue company AND had the slippers. There was no paperwork in the box and we sell so many, we couldnt trace it back to identify the consumer.
My mum used to work for Kays catalogue and this used to happen quite often with expensive trainers.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge

2019 Highlands Reserve
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Highlands Reserve
Unread 16 Jan 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sieborg
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

If I see anyone shoplifting I go straight to find a shop assistant to tell them. Once there was no one around so I shouted to this lowlife shoplifter oi, are you gonna pay for that or what? He ran off.
Dont forget that ultimately its us, the honest paying customers who pay for these thefts in the prices at the till because they will pass on the loses to us.
sieborg is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
yeah c'mon baby yeah!
sieborg is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 18 Jan 19, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
One if the funniest for me was when I moved to a new Safeway store as a Supervisor I was warned there were a gang of people doing box trolleys (Putting cereal around the inside walls of the trolley, filling the middle with expensive alcohol and then putting multi buy bags if crisps , so it looks inexpensive). Anyway, I was chatting with a customer when someone ran out of the door straight into the back of a van with one. By the time the security were alerted they had gone... but the funny bit Is, the lad at the bottom if the car park had charged them 50p to get out if the car park .

The other one was a Code 100 had been called and all male staff ran to the exit ... all to see a little old man shuffling out with a 'Ladies' mag shoved in his coat. The security lad never lived it down for calling it.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back for the big 50th
DVC Dream