Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jan 19, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Dog
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I’d do a garden grill breakfast. Book it for 8am on a non emh day and you will get on soarin afterwards leaving you free to use your other teir one fast pass for test track or frozen.

In terms of what to drop, there are a few there we wouldn’t do but I have an 11 year old ds so we are all different.
What I would do though is get yourself a landrys card for t-Rex. You won’t need a reservation as you will get the next available table. Also if you have done a sci fi lunch you’ll probably not want a massive amount so you can pay oop and use the $ 25 the Landry card costs towards your meal.
You will also get a free $25 birthday reward that you could use to pay at yak and yeti, share some meals and pay oop. Which would give you a credit free or you could also do rainforest with this.

Ps we’ve just booked our adrs last week and there was really good availability.
Yeah I'm already getting a Landry's card looked into that a while back. Took your advice about lunch and dinner on same day and it probably would be too much, so Sci-fi and T-Rex will now be on separate days.

As for Tony's and Ohana on same day I will play that by ear and probably cancel one of them, as I might end up getting a decent view of the parade anyway on one of the previous days therefore Tony's wouldn't be necessary. This is now the only day left with both a TS lunch and dinner booked.

Have also added Trattoria al Forno as a breakfast on our final morning.

Will probably just keep Garden Grill for lunch as I'm doing an Akershus 8am breakfast on a non EMH day so that would allow me to get in Soarin that day without using a FP.
Slinky Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Good luck with your reservations tomorrow.

The app was great but the website was a bit temperamental at showing the +10 days at time.
If you have an issue switch to the us site then go into ‘my plans’ then add plans to get into dining. But hopefully it will behave for you.
Old 13 Jan 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi days with 2 sit down meals and quite a few breakfast.
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Two TS meals a day is for me, way too much food. I’d be inclined to do one or the other.

Also the list you are not doing are , IMHO better spend options that the others. It really all depends on what foods you like.

Edited at 05:25 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Dog
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Two TS meals a day is for me, way too much food. I’d be inclined to do one or the other.

Also the list you are not doing are , IMHO better spend options that the others. It really all depends on what foods you like.
I know, I really did my research into where the best food is. Tbh the character meal restaurants were only chosen for the kids and experience, not the food. If it were just me and the wife I wouldn't be doing any character meals at all. Places such as The Wave, La Hacienda etc would be right up there.
Slinky Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Slinky Dog View Post
I know, I really did my research into where the best food is. Tbh the character meal restaurants were only chosen for the kids and experience, not the food. If it were just me and the wife I wouldn't be doing any character meals at all. Places such as The Wave, La Hacienda etc would be right up there.
We as in myself daughter and grandson will be doing three

Tuskers lunch
Garden grill lunch
Storybook. Snow White. Which is more for me TBH

The rest are just normal foods. Whilst I enjoy the character Meals my memories of them ( 10 years ) was very noisy. As it’s your first visit I understand why your fitting them in.

Obviously you can change them when you’re there with the 24 hours notice
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Dog
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi days with 2 sit down meals and quite a few breakfast.
In my final list I only have three breakfasts booked for the whole holiday

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
We as in myself daughter and grandson will be doing three

Tuskers lunch
Garden grill lunch
Storybook. Snow White. Which is more for me TBH

The rest are just normal foods. Whilst I enjoy the character Meals my memories of them ( 10 years ) was very noisy. As it’s your first visit I understand why your fitting them in.

Obviously you can change them when you’re there with the 24 hours notice
Today I got everything I wanted in terms of restaurants and times. As you mentioned as its our first time we're just doing the character choices for the experience. If we ever go again (which I'm sure we will) it'll be different.

I had a look at my final list, and I really don't know what better way to do it. Also I'd rather use as little TS credits on breakfast as possible so it hasn't been easy.

Final list

DAY 1: MK: BoG @ 8:10am

DAY 2: HS: Sci-Fi @ 11am ... T-REX (dinner, no need to book, can go when hungry)

DAY 3: AK: Yak & Yeti (as above with T-Rex)

DAY 4: TL: Storybook @ 6:05pm

DAY 5: BoG @ 12PM ... 1900 Park Fare @ 6:30pm (had to try BoG lunch as heard good things)

DAY 6: EP: Garden Grill @ 1pm (Added this in late, heard good things)

DAY 7:MK: CRT @ 1pm (Bibbiti Bobbiti Botique @ 10am)

DAY 8:BB: Sanaa @ 5pm

DAY 9: AK: Tusker House @ 1pm (RoL package)

DAY 10:HS: Mama Melrose @ 1:45pm (Fantasmic package, this was last minute choice)

DAY 11:EP: Akershus @ 8AM... Teppan Edo @ 6pm

DAY 12:MK: Tony's @ 12PM (parade package, but may cancel, not really wanting it but view for parade appeals)

DAY 13: Trattoria al Forno @8:30am

Edited at 07:47 PM.