Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 12 Jan 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Junogirl1
I'm Tiny Rick!

Junogirl1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Another story;
I was a teenager and it was June and my father went on the Atlantis ride in Sea World. I did not want to go because I hate getting wet. He gave me his bag and his expensive designer sunglasses to look after. Anyway, at the wall by the ride, I looked down and off my t-shirt come those very expensive sunglasses and down into the ride water. They were still there when we went back in October. He did get replacement sunglasses. Which got crushed when he put them in his pocket to go on the Mummy ride at Universal.
Junogirl1 Loves the DIBBcast Disney Podcast
Unread 12 Jan 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
slightly serious Dibber

Some of these stories are fantastic. I've been sat here with tears rolling down my face. Great thread.
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
And then there were 7
Doc88 Loves the DIBBcast Disney Podcast
Unread 12 Jan 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Last time I was there on the first morning of the first day we were getting some photopass pics taken on the bridge bit round the side of the castle. Put my sunglases on my head for the pic where the slide off backwards straight into the moat. Luckily they were only cheapy Primark ones but i couldnt believe it!
sw16 is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 12 Jan 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
slightly serious Dibber

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My DH is known by his middle name Mark, his first name on documents/passport etc is Ian. So holidays are always booked under Ian which always seems strange as he has never been Ian but never mind! So we are at typhoon lagoon (seems to be the park of most mishaps haha) and DD and him are going to do the slides... I suggest that they leave magic bands with me as I am sitting the sun. DD dutifully hands hers over... DH tells me theres no need? Oh really? Of course they return to me a while later minus one magic band... I tried very hard not to have the I told you so face on! So they retraced their steps and checked all pools... no sign of it... he went to lost property at the front of the park several times during the day... but no luck - one last visit to lost property before we left - but no - theyve only got one blue band he says but the name in it isnt Ian. He assumed that as he checked in under that name that his band said the same... clearly had paid no attention when I was customising them! Well hed been there so many times now telling them his name was Ian that he was too embarrassed to go and ask... so I went along and sure enough the blue band had Mark in it...yeah... I briefly told the CM the story! So walking out of the park we had to walk past the booths and the guy who had dealt with him and I saw us and started laughing ... Said he was really glad he had been able to help us get the band back and that my husband had managed to remember his name 😂haha!
Unread 12 Jan 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Brennanhough
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Few years ago we had bought a princess autograph book for the little girl and had managed to get everyones signature apart from Belle.

We got Epcot on our last day and saw Belle was meeting and greeting in France at 11am. Exactly what we wanted!

About 10:30 a line started to form so we got in it. Started chatting to people next to us as you do, and there were some bushes next to the railings I was leaning on.

Next thing, without any warning while the mrs was talking to the lovely American family I got stung by a massive Bee/Hornet thing right on my knuckle!

So they are having this delightful conversation about how polite the English are which was promptly interrupted by me shouting

You little B*****d

I got the look off the wife, the American lady covered her daughters ears and the dreams of afternoon tea, crumpets and polite English people was dead in the water!

I had to make my way down the line, apologise to everyone individually and leave with a stern talking to from the wife!

And 10 years later, belles page is still blank in that book!
Brennanhough is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
San Francisco LA Vegas road trip
Unread 13 Jan 19, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

My mums rubbish at the makes of cars
Fast forward to Walmart car park shed taken trolley back and off she goes trying to get in another white car
We were all crying with laughter as she opened the sliding door and got in before realising lol
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida halloween
mushumadness is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Unread 13 Jan 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
icclekoala
Helping Mickey

We were staying at pofq, first morning I hop in the shower & upon getting out, one foot successfully on the floor, the other slipped on the shower curtain and I managed to face plant right onto the top of the toilet, went with such a bang that it woke DH up! Honesty thought I'd knocked out a tooth! Thankfully not but I did sport a fetching bruised lip for the first week!

Disneyland Paris I managed to walk into the turnstile before the ticket had registered so the barrier didn't turn, that left me with a massively bruised thigh!
icclekoala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney wedding bells
Unread 13 Jan 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Not me but our daughter!
On our very 1st visit, we stood on a little bridge awaiting the fireworks in Magic Kingdom When she casually said my knee is stuck. She'd bent her leg & pushed her knee through the railings of the bridge ! Luckily my husband freed her but I had visions of calling out Disney fire brigade !
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cruising to the Caribbean