Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jan 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Mel49 I feel your pain. We were there in May too and it was the most rain we have ever seen in a 2 week Florida trip in 20 years. Had to give up wearing trainers and stick with flip flops as they were just soaked all the time from paddling our way around. We usually use disposable ponchos but bought the Disney ones as just needed that bit extra. Still got wet but they helped.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

We have had the Disney ones for years, still as good as new, my friend bought £1 one and evenually bought Disney ones.

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

I finally bit the bullet and bought new ponchos last year as ours had literally disintegrated.

Anyhow being the shy retiring sort I went for very low key subdued colour

Old 12 Jan 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

We bought ponchos for our first trip and they travelled with us on a few subsequent trips but we eventually gave up taking them. We always seemed to be carrying them to parks when there was no rain and on the days we left them in the case, back in the room it to be lashing down.

Needless to say, we have been soaked at Disney loads of times now but we are Scottish so we are used to rain. Warm Disney rain is definitely an improvement on the stuff we are used to and you are not long drying off in the Florida sun
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
I got great quality ones in Home Bargains for £1.49 they were along with the festival/camping bits, a lot stronger than the poundland disposable ones they are the type with the popper buttons down the sides, came in navy, black and bright pink.
DLP 2016, 2018

Edited at 09:41 PM.
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

Thank you for all of your poncho related replies, looks like some Dibbers have some contenders for worlds oldest poncho! I will have a look at some of the recommendations or maybe even splash out on some Disney ones! 😯
2019DisneyEvans is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
My Wife insisted on buying those Ikea ones. The type that actually folds in on itself as a bag!

Only Ikea would have a YouTube video on how to reassemble them My God you need a degree in phyics and advanced areonautical engineering to get them back looking tidy.

I have hidden them so she can't ever find them.
yes the front pocket is the pouch is goes into

we just used the " ram it in " method, it seemed to work most of the time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 02:16 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

As I said previously we don’t use ponchos anymore.

I was banned from MK for wearing this one...didn’t even have the knife at the time
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List