Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Jan 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) A Mi11ion Dreams = 2018 - Day 8 From MK to AK to an evening at Disney Springs.

Welcome back, and thanks for all your messages and continued reading.

Today saw a change of plan and also for a bit of awareness that sometimes you make decisions on holiday that don't need to be booked at 180 days out - you can just follow your instinct and rip up the intended plan.

If you missed day 7 it is available by clicking here

The whole index if you are reading for the first time is here - just click on the blue writing.

Welcome to DAY 8

Thursday 2nd August

The Alarm was needed to wake us, and despite the MDE app telling us the next bus time, we then still needed to wait half an hour for the next bus to Magic Kingdom.

We eventually got on the bus at 9-55, our first stop was for coffee at Starbucks then up to Gaston’s for a cinnamon roll.

Long time reader of so many of my Dibb trip reports ,KittyBlackdog was also in the park and she messaged to say Splash Mountain was down- there goes our thoughts of the three mountains this morning.

We did Big Thunder and then took the 7 Dwarfs option, then Space Mountain before heading to what was originally our fast pass plan for the day – strangely it was not in Magic Kingdom.

Our quick visit to MK was just an additional bonus!

We needed to be at AK between 12-30 and 1-30 for another visit to Flight of Passage (yes at 60 days, I had loaded us with as many chances to ride this as was possible)

There was something so good about park hopping so early in the day – it reminded us all of our 4 parks in One Day that we had enjoyed in the past including celeb meet to finish!)
it can be read here to save you looking back

We arrived at Animal Kingdom with Flight of Passage our quickly walked to first stop – we were getting closer to 1.30 than we had imagined, but we made it!

We used our fast pass, but asked for the upper ramp- as a result we then ended up going upstairs to the top deck of the ride for the first time this year.

“More immersive !“ according to Josh

It actually was better, as we were right in the middle and the whole experience seemed more intense on every corner and drop. (The upper ramp may become a bit of a thing for us in the future, a bit like where you sit on Soarin’)

We loved it, and even more especially since this was the very first Flight of Passage fastpass we managed to book some 64 days ago, No matter where you are in the world, getting your very first fastpass seems such an important thing as your countdown ticks over – today was the result of trying to book FP’s in reverse for Flight of Passage and thankfully was the one that stuck first.

As you may have read in this trip report, we have managed a couple already that were not there at the 60 day window. Always worth a bit a FP adjusting!

We headed to Everest next. Although en- route, a rammed ankle needed some ice.

We took a few minutes to ensure the obvious swelling already did not come to much, thanks to the ice in the water cart outside the snack stop near Yak and yeti.

It was not that many years since we were pushing a pushchair and would have been gutted had we done this to anyone Alison never even got as much as an apology!

Her ankle was already swollen and ice was a good way to reduce the pain.

Once back on her feet, we then managed to make it onto Expedition Everest today and rode at the back.

We stopped for afternoon snack and a beer before reaching a group decision to get some pool time whilst the weather remained good.

So, we enjoyed our beers/ popcorn/ Minute Maid iced orange cup as we sauntered to the exit.

A bus turned up right on time- just as we arrived at the bus stop, at 3pm we were back at Riverside. This bus thing is great when it works!

We made a call to housekeeping for fresh towels and toiletries and headed to the pool for a bit of fun.

Now I’m not sure if I have made mention of this previously but at Port Orleans Riverside, there was a little sign on the desk at check in, asking if you wanted to do without daily housekeeping in return for a $10 credit per day of stay. We can make our own beds and if we need a change of towels we just needed to phone. Good call for us.
Gift voucher was handily emailed and really easy to use.

Our request for towels and toiletries was met within a couple of hours and we had more towels and a huge bag of shower gel, shampoo and conditioner than we would even have acquired had we had a daily replenishment!

As we lay beside the pool, we looked up a variety of places to eat tonight, to account for the additional table service credit that the Boys afforded us by eating from the kids menu at Citricos.

We decided upon Raglan Road, another place we had enjoyed previously, but not returned to for quite some time. Job done it was then time to have a walk around the resort and take a few pictures of the places that had caught our eye over the past few days.

By the time we had a swim, some sun including a couple of beers too and then showered and got changed, it was time to head out once again.

The queue for the boat to Disney Springs was way too long so we played roulette with the bus times once again!

At 7-20 we were on the road to The Springs.

Needless to say, the dice rolled against us- it took an age we did not arrive at Disney Springs until 7-45, I’m glad we were not in a rush!

We checked in at Raglan Road and had a pint whilst we waited. Soaking up the busy atmosphere and listening to a guitarist playing in the beer garden.

Now given the fact the dancers were on, nobody was for moving- we did not get seated until 8-45, it did not bother us one bit, we simply had the opportunity to watch the world go by and soak up the atmosphere.

It was worth it though as the place was emptying out a bit and as we placed our order the band started with some more dancing too.

We love live music and this new ensemble in Raglan Road just held us captivated. The Irish dancing was immense from male and female dancers. The band were great too.

The food was excellent- so was the service. It was a difficult place to take food photos though as it was so dark, apologies the lack of quality pics!

Fish and chips for three of us and a chicken pie - superb, but we very nearly forgot to take food photos such was the quality of the entertainment.

Whilst we ate, the music and dancing meant that time passes very quickly.

Dessert followed with each of us selecting something different but Joe ordered the highlights package!

He had a taste of each of ours and a chocolate taster too on his dessert flight- a good choice.

Dessert was not really needed but was too good to turn down!

A wonderful night which was only planned this afternoon and we were so thankful we had booked Raglan Road. Fantastic experience and the music and dancing made it so memorable.

We walked through what will always be Downtown Disney reminiscing what a sad place it used to be, and indeed our experiences of the building site years- it is anything but a dump these days, a wonderful addition to the parks and in the evening a delight to be able to just walk and soak up the atmosphere.

There is now so much to see, hear, eat, drink, experience and obviously spend in The Springs, but you find yourself immersed into the place. The food places have just extended to places that even a DDP can’t cope with!
Quality redefining of the whole place and still some work to do until completion.
It really is impressive and having previously not having this as a ‘must do’ due to all the building work, it is very much a place to put some time aside to enjoy the sights, sounds and whole experience.

We got the boat back to Riverside and all the talk was just how impressive the evening had been- we didn’t even go into one shop!

As I typed this the lights had just gone out- it was 11-40 and tomorrow’s first fast pass has been changed to allow for a slower start in the morning. We can’t keep doing early mornings and late nights and park days in between.

Well ...
Ok maybe we could !

See you for day 9- just click here to read

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 10:31 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Another great day. We love Raglan Road too, unfortunately I couldn't get the dessert flight as they have stopped doing it (well in October anyway) the server said it was getting a bit much for the chef? Anyway never mind I thought the lemon meringue pie was gorgeous and Dh thought the bread pudding was one of the best deserts he'd ever eaten! 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a fab, action packed but also relaxed sounding day. I really like the photo from Expedition Everest, it looks both affectionate and also full of fun! Hope the ankle recovered quickly.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, we love Raglan Road too, it's amazing

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Lovely day apart from Alison being rammed by a pushchair.
I love walking around Disney Springs it’s so nice now
Old 23 Jan 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A brilliant day

Joan
Old 24 Jan 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Raglan Road looks lovely, I am sorry to have missed my ADR there last year, the desserts look particularly good.

I so agree with you about how great a place Disney Springs is to visit these days, I suppose the pleasure was worth all the years of pain! I’m looking forward to the new parking garage opening this year.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Great Day !

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What a coincidence! We were probably the people at Raglan Road who meant you didn't get in until late! We had a 7pm ADR there that night. It was a great meal and the dancers were fab. It's a small world after all.

Poor Alison getting rammed on the ankles. I can't believe the push chair pusher didn't even offer an apology or check that she was ok.

I haven't heard about the upper tier for FOP, is it really that much better?

Another fab day. I'm glad you included the dates, as the day started I thought to myself we wouldn't cross paths as we did EMH in HS and then onto Epcot for FP before pool time and the springs in the evening. I'm more than a little chuffed we were there at the same time which is utterly ridiculous. We we're seated over at high top table next to the bar to the right of the stage. It looks like you were more towards the centre.

Where are you off to tomorrow? I think 3rd August was MK followed by pool and then Yachtsman for dinner.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List