Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
More (Port)Adventures in Salou - Summary

More (Port)Adventures in Salou
Summary

The Index is here
Day 7 is here

And so, another trip was over and our 2nd Salou adventure was even better than the last one. Going for a week this time meant that we really got to know PortAventura, plus a little bit more of Salou too .

Hotel Dorada Palace was fantastic value for money, and even though we only ate at the evening buffet a few times, it was definitely worth the extra £80-odd that it cost to upgrade to half-board. The location is spot-on for us – just over 20 mins to the parks and less than 15 minutes to the beach and restaurants.

Food highlights were our meals at Roadhouse and La Goretti, but we also had some great value and (mostly) tasty meals in the parks. And we really enjoyed our Bimbo bread roll picnics too .

We absolutely loved our day hiking in the mountains – it was a truly awesome day and we’d definitely recommend booking a trip with Routing Costa Dorada.

But of course, the main event was the parks – PortAventura is a brilliantly themed park and Shambhala is a phenomenal coaster and (at the time) was our #1 coaster (Taron at Phantasialand has since just pipped it to the top spot).

The whole trip was fantastic value for money - £1200 for the hotel and flights, just over £300 for our PortAventura tickets, €95 for our hiking excursion and (excluding Tom’s 2 hats and and my hoody) we spent less than €500. So, just over £2k for an awesome week – such good value for money .

So, what’s next?

We did a 5-night road trip to Germany and The Netherlands (visiting Phantasialand, Toverland and Movie Park Germany) in October half term (which I’ll be writing about soon), and we’re going back for a slightly tweaked version this May half term (Phantasialand, Toverland, The Eftelling and Walibi Belgium).

Then we are back to Salou in July, but with a twist. Tom’s off on a week-long school trip to Spain (including 1 day at PortAventura), so Rich and I are heading out for 4 nights – just the two of us. It’s going to be very different .

Thanks for reading along with our (Port)Adventures .

Edited at 06:45 PM.
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for sharing. I’ve read both your PortAventura trippies over the last couple of days. We are going to Dorada palace in October half term. Not fans of big rides so its more about shows and Halloween theming for us so we just bought 3 day 2 park tickets. Never been to Barcelona so will do a day trip there and just potter around Salou and nearby the other days.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Thanks for sharing. I’ve read both your PortAventura trippies over the last couple of days. We are going to Dorada palace in October half term. Not fans of big rides so its more about shows and Halloween theming for us so we just bought 3 day 2 park tickets. Never been to Barcelona so will do a day trip there and just potter around Salou and nearby the other days.
Thanks for reading and have a fantastic time in October - you will love the Halloween theming
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Thanks for taking the time to write up the report! I must admit to never having been even though I only live about 3h away!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Mobile

Thanks for sharing!
The Bacon's Go Back May 2015
Ramada Gateway & OKW 2017
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks, I loved reading your Salou trippies. The first one gave me lots of info for our trip last Oct. We weren’t expecting to like Salou as much as we did and we will definitely be back. You will love Eftelling, Enjoy! x
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List