Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

airport change on indirect flight

can anyone help or advise

i have seen indirect flights that are a great price but there is a change at LGW to LHR

there seems plenty of time but how do we do this ? is there a bus or do we pay for a taxi and what time should be allowed

has anyone experience of this because i have no idea how this works

please help !
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We did this on the return last time. On the way out if want s long time or ideally overnight. On the return my view was if we get delayed we’ll deal with it. But on the way out it could mean missing your international flight and then losing a day of your holiday.

After saying s that. We booked a transfer with batransfers. They were late to
Pick us up which was annoying but we had plenty of time built in so we still made our flight. Once they arrived it was all smooth but I was annoyed at them being late flr pickup. Blaming traffic which I feel a taxi company should factor in.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We did this on the return last time. On the way out if want s long time or ideally overnight. On the return my view was if we get delayed we’ll deal with it. But on the way out it could mean missing your international flight and then losing a day of your holiday.

After saying s that. We booked a transfer with batransfers. They were late to
Pick us up which was annoying but we had plenty of time built in so we still made our flight. Once they arrived it was all smooth but I was annoyed at them being late flr pickup. Blaming traffic which I feel a taxi company should factor in.
that is a big help thank you

can you give me any idea of cost please

we have the choice of going via dublin or this route and i'm not sure which to take or which is going to be the least hassle/ most cost effective
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

Hi There

We are the same
We booked in Oct for this Aug for £421 pp inc 12 seater van (8 of us with luggage) for 16n which I thought was fantastic but this part changing between the two has me a little apprehensive
Our flight is
Man-Heathrow 8.40 - 9.50
Gat - MCO 13.25 - 17.55

We have a minibus booked to go between and hoping that we have enough time to get between the two...
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

batransfer/

You can get a quote. I think it was about £100.

But I’d choose Dublin if the price was similiar.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I would 100% choose Dublin if the flight times and price are similar purely for the ability to clear US Immigration there!
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Have never done this before but if you clear immigration in Dublin then I would go that way.

Heathrow website shows National Express, train and buses which you pay to transfer between LHR and LGW airport so worth looking at that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If you don't want to book a car transfer, the National Express bus is the most convenient of the public transport options as it runs directly terminal to terminal. Can be a bit slow depending on the M25 traffic, but I would choose it over the train routes that all involve multiple changes.

I would go via Dublin for the pre-clearance if they are similar prices.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List