Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 2 Mar 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Apprentice Imagineer

Toddler Trials take on DLP! Libby's first trip, June 2019. 99 days to go!

Toddler Trials take on DLP! Libbys first trip, June 2019

Were off to Disneyland Paris! I thought there was no better day to post our pre-trip report than to mark reaching double digits on our countdown

99 days to go

It feels like forever since we were last in a Disney park...

Fresh faced honeymooners, March 2016

We visited NYC, Washington DC and Orlando on honeymoon and had an amaaaaazing time. We brought home a very exciting souvenir and Im proud to report shes on track to becoming as big a Disney fan as her Mama .

26 December 2016

February 2019

Libby is now 2, full of fun and mischief and absolutely hilarious. Shes WILD, but she always has been so were not finding the toddler tantrums etc too bad. Friends who had angel babies arent faring so well .

This is how Gary found her one morning a few weeks back...

(The sides are now off the cot and her room thoroughly risk assessed for climbing potential ).

We took her to visit family in Canada last year (shameless plug for trippie here) and I cant believe how much shes grown since.

June 2018

Were huge Disney Life fans in our house and her recent favourites include Monsters Inc, Ratatouille, Bolt, Wreck it Ralph and randomly, Frankenweenie. She also LOVES Toy Story.

She met Mickey and Minnie at Dobbies a few weeks back and thankfully wasnt afraid/shy at all.phew.

We always knew it would be a few years before we return to WDW, for practical reasons and because there are other places we want to go. We arent having a big holiday this year, so Disneyland Paris made perfect sense.

Gary took me to Paris for my 21st≈birthday and we had a day at DLP but that was back in 2012 and we were young, child free and hadnt yet discovered the DIBB! Ive also been once as a child before my parents discovered Florida.

Were staying at Newport Bay Club from Monday 10th - Friday 14th June. This is partly Lisa (Lisa_Lollipop)s fault. I was torn between here and Sequoia Lodge but Newport Bay looked stunning in her 2017 trippie and the pool at Sequoia is closed until July, so Newport Bay it is. I booked the German offer as it seemed best at the time - we got a % discount off and free half board plus .

One of my favourite holiday memories as a child is driving all the way to DLP (from Glasgow) in my Dads Citroen Saxo. On the way home the exhaust fell off our car and I vividly remember the French recovery man fixing it at the side of the road, my brother and I sat in the back of the jacked up car surrounded by all our new soft toys, with my mum panicking we were going to miss the Eurotunnel home. It was such an adventure and a fantastic trip (although probably a bit stressful for my mum and dad ), but Gary wasnt keen on making the drive for some reason! So flying it is.

I booked our flights with Easyjet on the morning they were released. By lunchtime that same day theyd already risen by 80 and are now almost double what I paid, so completely worth setting the alarm for and booking as soon as they come out.

At the moment our plan looks like this -

Mon 10th June
Fly Glasgow to Paris CDG, arrive 13:30
Transfers to Newport Bay & check in (still need to book transfers, I think were going to use Prestige)
Explore and find our bearings in Disneyland Park
Watch the parade 5:30 if we make it?
Dinner - Silver Spur Steakhouse 6:30 (Booked)

Tuesday 11th June
Breakfast Buffet in hotel
EMH in Disneyland Park 08:30-09:30
QS Lunch/Back to hotel for pool time/nap/rest. Not sure why Ive written nap, Libbys no longer a napper but Im hoping for some Disney magic so she can stay up a bit later without getting too cranky .
Dinner - Inventions 6pm (Booked)

Wed 12th June
EMH Studios 08:30-09:30
Lunch - Bistro Chez Remy 12:30 (Booked)
Disney village/pool/chill
Dinner - QS

Thursday 13th June
Princess Breakfast or Plaza Gardens Character buffet 9:45
The princess breakfast is currently on trial until April, Id absolutely love this so Im crossing my fingers that its extended. We did 1 character meal on honeymoon but I thought a princess one might be pushing it since it was just the two of us. Now I have the best excuseall for Libby you see . I know we could do the princess lunch/dinner even if breakfast isnt extended, but the menu really doesnt appeal to us so I dont think its worth the top up from our meal vouchers. I could definitely stretch to breakfast though! If it isnt extended then well do Plaza Gardens Character Breakfast. Whichever one we do, I plan on booking the later sitting at 9:45 so we can have a bit of a lie in (or make the most of EMH).
No real plan for todayWell see how were feeling and how the last few days have been.
Dinner - Cape Cod 6pm (booked). We might change this depending on what we decide to do.

Friday 14th June
Breakfast buffet in the hotel or maybe Annettes in Disney village/Last couple of rides during EMH/shopping
Transfer to CDG
Flight home 14:00, arrive back in Glasgow 14:45

I managed to book our meal reservations online in mid-February, I wasnt expecting them to be released until 60 days before but for some reason they opened everything up till September and I was able to book. I had to do it through the Dutch site and it was SO glitchy, but I got there in the end and it saved me phoning. Libby eats her dinner about 5:30 at home so Ive booked early meal times. I know her routine will all go to pot while were away but shes still very unlikely to nap, so I would like to keep meals as close to normal times as possible.

She doesnt get a meal plan as shes under 3, so were using our free meal vouchers mostly at buffet places as she can eat what she likes there with no charge. Well pay a top up for Inventions, I think itll be 32/each (Libby doesnt pay) and also top up our breakfast on the Thursday for the Princess or Plaza Gardens breakfast.

So thats our plan for now! No doubt it'll change a bit and everything rests on how Libby reacts/feels/what side of the bed she wakes up on/whether she's eaten enough snacks/whether its a full moon etc.

Naturally, Im slowly gathering Disney themed attire for Libby (and us!) and just watching our countdown.

Any tips or ideas much appreciated, thanks for reading x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyland Paris
Unread 5 Mar 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Sounding great, we are also going to Newport Bay on 10th June and taking our daughter who will be 19 months. Were flying from Edinburgh but sister in law and family flying from Glasgow I think on the same flight as you!
KristyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP 2019
Unread 8 Mar 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Sounds very exciting! We took our DS for his first trip to DLP at roughly the same age and it really was magical. Looking forward to reading more!

Five Airports, Five Hotels and Two First-timers Trip Report
Little Mans February First Times
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I want to be back in DLP
Unread 10 Mar 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KristyA View Post
Sounding great, we are also going to Newport Bay on 10th June and taking our daughter who will be 19 months. Were flying from Edinburgh but sister in law and family flying from Glasgow I think on the same flight as you!
What a small world! Im sure youll spot us/hear us, say hello if you do xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyland Paris
Unread 10 Mar 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
Sounds very exciting! We took our DS for his first trip to DLP at roughly the same age and it really was magical. Looking forward to reading more!
Ah thats great to hear, thank you! Its such a wonderful age, her reactions to even the simple things are so exciting so I cant wait to see here there xx
Disneyland Paris
Unread 17 May 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Apprentice Imagineer

Our countdown is now at 23 daysnot sure how that happened! Time seems to be running away .

This is our current plan:

Mon 10th June
Fly Glasgow to Paris CDG, arrive 13:30
Transfers to Newport Bay & check in (Prestige transfers booked)
Explore and find our bearings in Disneyland Park
Watch the parade 5:30 if we make it
Dinner at Silver Spur Steakhouse 6:30

Tuesday 11th June
Breakfast buffet in hotel
EMH in Disneyland Park 08:30-09:30
QS Lunch/Back to hotel for pool time/nap/rest.
Dinner at Inventions 6pm

Wed 12th June
EMH Studios 08:30-09:30
Lunch at Bistro Chez Remy 12:30
Gary wants to go into Paris this afternoon/evening to see the Eiffel Tower. Weve been before but want to show Libby since were so close. She loves Ratatouille so well see if she recognises it! We might change this to tomorrow depending how we feel.
Dinner while were out

Thursday 13th June
Hopefully Plaza Gardens Character buffet at 9:45. If we cant get it booked today, will book for Friday.
No real plan for todayWell see how were feeling and how the last few days have been.
Dinner at Cape Cod 6pm.

Friday 14th June
Breakfast buffet in the hotel or maybe Annettes in Disney village
Last couple of rides during EMH/shopping
Transfer to CDG
Flight home 14:00, arrive back in Glasgow 14:45

Im trying not to over plan (I love a plan ) but I know which rides we want to hit up during EMH, purely because queuing with Libby wont be fun. Shes got a suitcase full of cute, Disney themed clothes and Gary and I have practically nothing ready .

Any tips would be much appreciated if anyone has any! Otherwise, see you on the other side .
Disneyland Paris
Orlando Attraction Tickets