Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Mar 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow! You will have a beautiful house once its finished. Don't be fobbed off. Get them to finish off properly. They will be getting a lot of money from the insurance company. Enjoy your trip.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
Wow! You will have a beautiful house once its finished. Don't be fobbed off. Get them to finish off properly. They will be getting a lot of money from the insurance company. Enjoy your trip.
Thank you I will get them to finish it properly thanks for your advice I reallt appreciate it
It is so hard to know what should be expected but I know they have been paid a lot so don't want to accept second best.
It has been great to come on here and for everyone to take their time in helping when I have all these questions. I think I would have found it so much harder to deal with without the DIBB.
Hopefully moving back in represents a whole new beginning
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Mobile

All looking great!
Love your bold colours & a girl after my own heart 🤣 our upstairs (bar DS’s room who wants grey walls) is carribean themed to mine & the paint mixers eye & Mediterranean to my DH. Not done yet as I want the rooms fully finished & tools removed as they have a habit of leaning things on the walls! Downstairs is tamer choices of various grey shades. Will update my thread later been a bit hectic with them in the house & couple of things to stress me out!
Can’t wait to see your finished project & hope you come back after a wonderful holiday to it all done. X
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by zokaluse View Post
All looking great!
Love your bold colours & a girl after my own heart 🤣 our upstairs (bar DS’s room who wants grey walls) is carribean themed to mine & the paint mixers eye & Mediterranean to my DH. Not done yet as I want the rooms fully finished & tools removed as they have a habit of leaning things on the walls! Downstairs is tamer choices of various grey shades. Will update my thread later been a bit hectic with them in the house & couple of things to stress me out!
Can’t wait to see your finished project & hope you come back after a wonderful holiday to it all done. X
Thanks , we are moving in before we go away lol The builders have decided to spring it on us when thy had told us they would need a lot longer. I foresee along snagging list .
Not sure what we will be sleeping on
Can't wait to see your updates your colour choices sound great
I am sure we will both appreciate our houses at the end of the process
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
They are saying they will be finished on the 15th yes this Friday (we are moving all our things next weekend). Not sure what miracle they intend to pull off lol.
For some reason they have put all the light fittings in the wrong rooms (clearly a phone call was too difficult so they thought they would wing it lol

I am scared stressed and nervous with a little nit of excitement the kids can't wait.

Here is this weeks video update.
I love a house tour! 👍
It’s looking a lot more finished now.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Thanks It really has taken shape this last few weeks.
I can't believe we are moving back in at the weekend it feels surreal.
Old 18 Mar 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Today is my final instalment video:

On Friday I arranged for some food beers and treats for the builders to say thank you.
I am now sat here wondering why?

I am currently sat here next to a mattress on the floor. The weekend was very busy after the builders told us to move in we packed up cleaned the temporary accommodation.
We arrived to find building dust everywhere. The cupboards were dirty inside and we had a massive sense of disappointment.

We were told that there would be s snagging list still to complete. This consists of some decoration, some rendering needs sorting and we believed the grouting need doing (it does) it is grey and black in places due to smoke damage. There is quite a bit left to do to be honest. Some cracks need filling also the electrics aren't even completed.

Firstly I contacted the project manager to discuss a few issues. Some of the windows have been replace due to staining (even though it was recommended that all should be replaced so I wanted to discuss some of the remaining windows which have more obvious staining on. I couldn't get through so I emailed him. Still had no response.

I then the solar panel people who 'no -one could get through to' (I found it easy enough). Arranged a time it is in a month for when they could come to do the work.

I contacted the renderers who had said there wasn't enough work for them to bother coming to do the job (nobody had told us this information). this still needs resolving.

I then called the builder to discuss the some points like paining behind the radiators and the above issues. I questioned we had been rushed back when it wasn't even finished. Answer was the insurance didn't want to pay for another months rent so we are now living amongst a semi building site.

I questioned about the grouting and his response 'we can't do it '. Apparently they cant take out and put back in new grout. It would lead to new tiling being required. Yet the still fitted the bathroom suite without telling us all of this information and are now saying the bath would have to be removed to re tile (which seems like the only option (and even that is been offered).

I am at the end of my line we should be happy enjoying our new house yet we have a rushed substandard 'finish' and another 'fight on our hands.

I have literally spent all day in bits. I have never known people who lack so many communication skills that has led to such bad planning and execution of a job. I am literally shocked that this has gone so badly.

It seems like there may have to be a formal complaint put in to try and resolve this matter.

Sorry for waffling I just needed to vent.
Old 19 Mar 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I am sorry to hear about the issues you are still experiencing.

I hate to say it but I knew this was coming from the previous posts you have made. The builders are doing a 'fixed price' job for the Insurers and that will always lead to the cutting of corners. You aren't the Boss sadly and they will listen to you but almost certainly will ignore you.

I must say I wouldn't have moved in until industrial cleaners had been through the place and snagging of 'major items' done. Minor items are not so important and must be accepeted for a reasonable time.

Best of luck and I am sure in the next few weeks things will fall into place.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I am sorry to hear about the issues you are still experiencing.

I hate to say it but I knew this was coming from the previous posts you have made. The builders are doing a 'fixed price' job for the Insurers and that will always lead to the cutting of corners. You aren't the Boss sadly and they will listen to you but almost certainly will ignore you.

I must say I wouldn't have moved in until industrial cleaners had been through the place and snagging of 'major items' done. Minor items are not so important and must be accepeted for a reasonable time.

Best of luck and I am sure in the next few weeks things will fall into place.
I completely agree with what you are saying though it wasn't the builders who wanted to rush. After posting on here and talking to them they said there is no way they would be finished by the 15th, the next week that had changed. When I questioned yesterday they said this is what the project manager had instructed as the insurance company didn't want to pay fr the extra rent.
We have an en-suite and could have 'lived' with this until the bathroom situation was resolved.
Even if the builders ere doing as they were told the PM should have been discussing it with me which he hasn't . I have had t chase several people to find answers.
We came in on Saturday expecting it to be cleaned with a van full of stuff and at that point had little option (we struggled to get moved in time).
My husband wanted to do it this way to make it 'easier' I wanted to take a pay out and sort it out myself. I am feeling so sad and frustrated.
Old 20 Jul 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh what a complete pain! How is everything now?

Ours is pretty similar in that the snagging list is pretty big! Things went wrong due to weather & incompetent suppliers & all I want is everyone out & the cleaners in so I can order my carpets then get everything unpacked & organised!
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List