Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 3 Apr 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber
 
caitlinsmummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 11
Location: Durham
Are We Going To Mickey Mouse World Mummy? Highs, Lows and Future Plans

The full report is detailed here

I will try my best not to repeat things I have already said and I hope to not waffle as much as I normally do! So I'll start off with the lows. Now I've really struggled here because I can't really think of any lows that hugely impacted the holiday and would make us think we wouldn't do that again! :

Lows

1. Heat



Now this is going to sound like a moan and I don't mean it to be so I apologise now I know it's a lot warmer in Florida than here so we did expect it, but going in October/November we expected it to be mid to late 20s ... however, most days it was in the early 30s and it was just too warm for all of us, especially the kids. I think this is probably one of the reasons we had the meltdowns and annoying each other.

2. Not being able to eat around the F&W Festival Properly



Each time I'd planned to eat around the world we didn't get chance for some reason or another. When we finally did, we'd had lunch at BoG and we were just way too full to enjoy it properly and try everything we wanted to as it was also a full day and we were exhausted. I think next time I would plan a full day in Epcot rather than half days to try and do it.

I honestly can't think of any other lows apart from Chris losing Noah ... TWICE but I won't go into that again

Highs

Pretty much everything



Flight

Our flight with Virgin was great, it was a shame we weren't seated next to each other but it wasn't a massive problem. Noah coped amazingly well on the flight and the attendants on both flights absolutely adored him we had plenty of food and drink and nothing was too much trouble. Pilots and crew were great with the kid's too.



Port Orleans Riverside

I know at the beginning of the report I moaned about the distance our room was from the food court and next time I would request a closer building as we really didn't get to utilise the refill mugs but the resort itself is absolutely beautiful. If we stay here again I hope we could spend a little more time around the resort doing the activities and exploring it. Everything was so jam packed we barely spent time at the resort. The staff were so friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The room was great, yes it's a little small but for the amount of time we actually spent in the room it was fine.



Buses

The onsite transportation was great. We never really had any issues with the buses apart from the odd time they didn't turn up on time. As much as I thought we'd left enough time to travel we ended up running late to a lot of ADR's so I think next time I'd add a little extra time on. Buses were always clean and tidy and the drivers were always so friendly too.



Food

Well we all know I love food as much as I moaned about a few of the meals, overall we really enjoyed the food at Disney. I understand it can be expensive paying OOP and I don't think it's worth the value, however, on the DDP it is definitely worth it. It was hard to adjust to the different flavours to start with but we soon got used to them. The portion sizes are so big and regularly the kids would share 2 meals between them ... heck I even think at times Chris and I could have shared meals between us I know Disney food gets a lot of stick for price and as I say OOP I'm not sure I'd pay the prices, however, we did find some lovely little gems there such as Wolfgang Puck Express, Blaze and Tony's Town Square.

The Parks



The parks were great. We never really had too many issues with crowds and the layout was quite easy to follow (although I struggled a bit in HS to start with!) The parks were always clean and tidy, the CM's were always so polite and friendly, we never met one grumpy or sad CM! The rides were fab and it was great to get the kids out of their comfort zones and trying new things (Caitlin with ToT).

Universal Annual Pass



Upgrading our 14 day tickets to Annual Passes. Now this did take a bit of time as I was determined to get them for $0 but it was so worth it in the end as it now means we have 15 months on the passes! I did eventually manage to upgrade for $0. Absolute bargain.



Bags

We I couldn't do the highs without my beloved bags now could I? If you read the report you'd know I'm a shopaholic ... especially when it comes to bags. Those who haven't read it here's my bag and purse haul (although there is 1 bag missing as I didn't photograph it!)









I'm already preparing my list for our next trip sssshhhh don't tell Mr Grump!

Characters

The character interactions were amazing. We didn't have one bad character meet and we never felt rushed at all. My favourite one has still got to be the Thing meet it was amazing how well Noah connected with them, second I would have to say Donald taking Noah round the restaurant dancing at Tusker House on our second day is another favourite and Caitlin's meeting with Ariel when she was upset and Ariel taking the time to come back twice to see she was ok







To be honest I feel I could go on so much more but I don't want to bore you The biggest high of all is:

The kid's faces

Even though they moaned and fought quite a bit their faces throughout the whole holiday was amazing. Their faces when they got to sit in the cockpit



Their faces on our first morning



Their faces on the rides



Their faces meeting the characters



Even though they were sad to be coming home they still had smiles on their faces at the airport



But little did they know ...



Their faces on Christmas morning was priceless



Future Plans

So our future plans mean we will be back in 45 days! The pre trip report is here. The plan was to not do Disney as we're only going for 9 nights, so we have SeaWorld, Discovery Cove (Dolphin Swin), Busch Gardens and Aquatica, Kennedy Space Centre and Wonderworks tickets as well as our Universal Annual Passes. However, I found a great deal on Disney 1 Day tickets with Musement so I just had to get them Chris and the kid's don't know yet so I'm going to reveal it the day before. I've also booked a nights stay at CBR so will surprise them all when we go for food that night. We're staying at the Rosen Inn International and will have a day of shopping thrown in somewhere too obviously haha.

After this there aren't any set in stone plans, however, I am hoping to squeeze a sneaky week in around October or next January/February before our Universal Annual Passes run out. I'm also looking at booking 3 weeks at the end of August/September next year but I'm waiting for free dining to come out before that's set in stone. Fingers crossed!

I would just like to take the opportunity to say thank you everyone who read or commented on my report, I read and try to reply to every single one of you. I never imagined I would have such a response to the report at all but it's been amazing, so thank you all again. Hopefully you will follow the next journey with us too!
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited
 
disneyfangirl01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 18
Location: Cheshire
Hi Kelly, We have never spoke before, I don't think we have anyway!

But I just wanted to say how much I have loved reading your trip report over the past couple of weeks its been a blast! I feel like I have been right there with all of you and I absolutely love Noah!

I didn't realise if you keep trying you may be able to upgrade the universal Tickets to AP for nothing! - I am certainly going to try this with ours next year!

Cant wait for your next adventure!
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: May 16
Mobile

Really enjoyed your report thanks for taking the time to do it. We go on 19th May too! Have fun!
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber
 
Bootrip2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 13
Lovely to hear you had such a fab time! You are so lucky to be returning so soon!
__________________
:
Bootrip2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jun 09

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Iíll keep an eye out for you in May!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
JessBlu
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Oct 16
Mobile

Those Annual passes are so expensive !
In that they are so cheap but you end up going lots !
We got the annual pass and have now been 3 times in the last 12 months.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
caitlinsmummy
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
caitlinsmummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 11
Location: Durham
Originally Posted by disneyfangirl01 View Post
Hi Kelly, We have never spoke before, I don't think we have anyway!

But I just wanted to say how much I have loved reading your trip report over the past couple of weeks its been a blast! I feel like I have been right there with all of you and I absolutely love Noah!

I didn't realise if you keep trying you may be able to upgrade the universal Tickets to AP for nothing! - I am certainly going to try this with ours next year!

Cant wait for your next adventure!
Hi thank you so much for reading, it really means a lot. I've got to admit Noah is awesome A little off topic but he's really coming on at school now he has the support in place and I have a feeling our trip next month will be completely different!

Yeah I asked for a price to upgrade and the first CM said it would be $65 for the preferred and $45 each for the seasonal. I'd read online of people getting them for $0 so I wasn't going to settle for anything less When I changed them I was told it would be $65 for the preferred but the seasonal they could upgrade for free so I was happy with that. Once they were completed the CM didn't charge me for the preferred so I quickly scooted off thinking I had a bargain when I looked at the receipt I seen that it said -$15.95 meaning technically they owed us but I was happy with that. It's definitely worth trying different CM's xx

Originally Posted by LottiesLot View Post
Really enjoyed your report thanks for taking the time to do it. We go on 19th May too! Have fun!
Thank you for reading, I really appreciate it! Oh fab, have a wonderful time too, where do you fly from? We're flying from Manchester at 11.10am x

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Lovely to hear you had such a fab time! You are so lucky to be returning so soon!
Thank for you reading It was a totally magical time. We certainly are, I got an amazing bargain that just couldn't be missed, just over £300pp for flights, accommodation and transfers for 9 nights! Absolute maddness xx

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Iíll keep an eye out for you in May!
Hopefully see you there, give us a wave if you see us xx

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Those Annual passes are so expensive !
In that they are so cheap but you end up going lots !
We got the annual pass and have now been 3 times in the last 12 months.
They are aren't they but worth it even if you just use them once more! That's what I intend to do although Mr Grump thinks this will be our last time for 2 years xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
#8
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited
 
disneyfangirl01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 18
Location: Cheshire
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Hi thank you so much for reading, it really means a lot. I've got to admit Noah is awesome A little off topic but he's really coming on at school now he has the support in place and I have a feeling our trip next month will be completely different!

Yeah I asked for a price to upgrade and the first CM said it would be $65 for the preferred and $45 each for the seasonal. I'd read online of people getting them for $0 so I wasn't going to settle for anything less When I changed them I was told it would be $65 for the preferred but the seasonal they could upgrade for free so I was happy with that. Once they were completed the CM didn't charge me for the preferred so I quickly scooted off thinking I had a bargain when I looked at the receipt I seen that it said -$15.95 meaning technically they owed us but I was happy with that. It's definitely worth trying different CM's xx

Awwww yay I'm so glad he's doing well and getting the support he needs! its great he's been diagnosed so young so he will be able to access different support as he needs it growing up! - Yes deffo going to try to get upgraded to AP even if there is a small fee makes another trip even just to Universal a whole lot more attractive on the budget!
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
Goldia
VIP Dibber
 
Goldia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 16

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love it when you waffle on, don't ever stop!

Some lovely highs and the smiles on the kids faces make all the hard work that goes into these holidays worth it.

I'm not sure if the weather will be hotter in May, but then I'm sure you won't care so much that it's hot when you're having fun. I hope you enjoy the Rosen Inn, we loved it there when we did our non Disney trip a couple of years ago. It was perfect for uni and for Sea World. Loads of great spots for eating all within 5 to 10 minutes walking distance, plus the biggest McDonald's in the world on your doorstep!

I can't wait to read all about your next adventure. Thanks for sharing this one it's been fab to read.
__________________
Abby

Disneyland 1993.
DLP 2000, 2019, 2020.
Orlando 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 (cancelled), 2021 (cancelled).


A great big beautiful - Summer 2022 New pre trip report

All my old trip reports click here NYC and Orlando 2017, Salzburg 2017, Boston 2017, Orlando 2018, Berlin 2018, DLP 2019, Orlando 2019, Washington DC 2019, DLP 2020, Jamaica 2021, Rome 2021.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
caitlinsmummy
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
caitlinsmummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 11
Location: Durham
Originally Posted by disneyfangirl01 View Post
Awwww yay I'm so glad he's doing well and getting the support he needs! its great he's been diagnosed so young so he will be able to access different support as he needs it growing up! - Yes deffo going to try to get upgraded to AP even if there is a small fee makes another trip even just to Universal a whole lot more attractive on the budget!
It definitely does! Just think of how many extra trips you can squeeze in

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I love it when you waffle on, don't ever stop!

Some lovely highs and the smiles on the kids faces make all the hard work that goes into these holidays worth it.

I'm not sure if the weather will be hotter in May, but then I'm sure you won't care so much that it's hot when you're having fun. I hope you enjoy the Rosen Inn, we loved it there when we did our non Disney trip a couple of years ago. It was perfect for uni and for Sea World. Loads of great spots for eating all within 5 to 10 minutes walking distance, plus the biggest McDonald's in the world on your doorstep!

I can't wait to read all about your next adventure. Thanks for sharing this one it's been fab to read.
Thank you Abby, it's been lovely getting to know you all through your reports and mine <3

I'm sure we will, I've heard so many good things about Rosen Inn from yourself and others so I'm looking forward to it. When I seen uni I was thinking University can't get it off the brain. I had a little look on google maps and there's loads of places to eat nearby too I remember the McDonalds from when I went with my dad, we were over the road from it, I think it was the Comfort Inn back then

Thank you again for reading Abby, I really appreciate it Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in MVMCP
On 24th June 2:42pm
Holiday joy will unfold at Magic Kingdom as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns this... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th June 9:51am
SeaWorld say there is a high surf advisory on the horizon in 2023 as a... Read More »
Posted in MNSSHP
On 28th April 4:17pm
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is returning to Magic Kingdom Park this fall during the resort’s 50th Anniversary... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2014
CaxtonFX  $1.1964
Covent Garden FX  $1.2186
FAIRFX  $1.2012
John Lewis  $1.2036
M&S  $1.1844
Post Office  $1.1821
Sainsburys  $1.1992
TESCO  $1.2023
Travelex  $1.1955
Updated: 03:00 25/06/2022
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1404
CaxtonFX  €1.1305
Covent Garden FX  €1.1443
FAIRFX  €1.1390
John Lewis  €1.1419
M&S  €1.1239
Post Office  €1.1219
Sainsburys  €1.1382
TESCO  €1.1410
Travelex  €1.1345
Updated: 03:00 25/06/2022

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X