Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Apr 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I’m the exact opposite. I’m more confident leaving my CC in the safe than carrying it around.

The less I carry the less possibility I have of losing something or it getting stolen. The thought of issues surrounding a lost or stolen card fill me with dread. Staying on site I’ve always charged to the rooms and paid off as we go along. Its not going to detract from the holiday but equally it’s poor service from Disney tech
I'm the same, the less I carry the better. Still going to leave cc in the sadfe but take the gift card out with me.

I take it you've still not received a response to your email?
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Itsabunthing View Post
I'm the same, the less I carry the better. Still going to leave cc in the sadfe but take the gift card out with me.

I take it you've still not received a response to your email?
Nada

I have just sent another email with the various issues that people have had. It’s a little unusual, as I’ve always found Disney very quick to respond to questions, which makes me think they do have an issue as opposed to a glitch

No response yet!
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

I have my doubts that this policy will last into the summer glitch or not!
many people are now refusing to charge to their bands and so this is possible lost revenue as we all know it's easier to spend money if it's on your magic band
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
I have just had a phone call from POR

They have assured me the process is as follows

$100 hold day one

Spend $50

Day 5. $50 taken off CC UNLESS paid at front desk before

$100 hold stays on the Card, not rolling holds every five days

POR apparently are not aware of issues with customers having issues. However she has said that in that event to contact her again. I stated what had been stated on here, sbd
she agreed that there had been considerable concerns re the holds, especially for the long stayers but this is what POR front desk and finance have advised her.

Can do no more than that. As usual a very pleasant lady but we wait to see what happens next week

Edited at 08:06 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Pleased you've had a response.

I'm hoping what she said will happen does actually happen but after reading of people's problems on here, I'm not holding my breath.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Itsabunthing View Post
Pleased you've had a response.

I'm hoping what she said will happen does actually happen but after reading of people's problems on here, I'm not holding my breath.
Exactly. Can't call her a liar@

I arrive next wedneday, I will update as I go along
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I have just had a phone call from POR

They have assured me the process is as follows

$100 hold day one

Spend $50

Day 5. $50 taken off CC UNLESS paid at front desk before

$100 hold stays on the Card, not rolling holds every five days

POR apparently are not aware of issues with customers having issues. However she has said that in that event to contact her again. I stated what had been stated on here, sbd
she agreed that there had been considerable concerns re the holds, especially for the long stayers but this is what POR front desk and finance have advised her.

Can do no more than that. As usual a very pleasant lady but we wait to see what happens next week

POR not aware of issues 🤔🧐 we went to the front desk at least 5 times with issues over this when we stayed there last week

They are very pleasant each time but it still kept happening
Dh is checking cc tomorrow to see if all these pending transactions have gone and if it all adds up to what we actually spent
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
POR not aware of issues 🤔🧐 we went to the front desk at least 5 times with issues over this when we stayed there last week

Dh is checking cc tomorrow to see if all these pending transactions have gone and if it all adds up to what we actually spent
I was told by all senior POFQ desk managers that this was a known problem affecting many U.K. visitors so I’m surprised she was unaware of issues...
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post

Originally Posted by choccielover View Post
I was told by all senior POFQ desk managers that this was a known problem affecting many U.K. visitors so I’m surprised she was unaware of issues...
Yep, but as I say, what can I actually say... sorry that’s not what I’ve been told!

I did mention all your issues. HOWEVER, I will take this thread in with me if this happens to us and ask why they said there isn’t an issue when their clearly is
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for posting the response from WDW and it was good to get a phone call. Hopefully they will back this up with an email.
We had lunch with our friends yesterday who have recently returned and they are still awaiting for some holds to be credited back to them. They have just emailed their statement off to Disney showing the transactions. They stayed at both Vero Beach and BLT and experienced holds being placed daily at both resorts.