Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 May 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

August 2018 Wishing on a Star: Day 16 AK, DS and HS

Well, here we are, our penultimate day. I'm writing this 9months on with no notes so a lot will come from memory and photos. Today might be a short one...

It was AK EMH, so we were up early and in the queue for FOP before opening. We were getting good at ensuring we were nice and early at A as FOP draws huge queues, quite rightly in our opinion as it is a very cool ride, although I know there are those out there who don't share this opinion. We followed FOP with the Na'vi River Ride as there was very little queue (everyone was either in the huge queue for FOP or going round and round on Everest no doubt).

We headed over to KS picking up a breakfast from somewhere?

Then it was back to FOP for our FP, the animal trails, followed by Everest and lastly KS FP.

We felt we had seen everything we wanted at AK, so decided to head to HS via DS, another Chicken Guy was in order! On our way out We had a pic taken and the photopass guy commented on my dress. He said he'd took a pic of a couple in map outfits the other day and we reminded him of them...turns out, it was us!

We called for a Lyft and waited huddle in a tiny bit of shade offered by a tree - they definitely need some shade there!

First up, food. There was a small queue, mostly staff from around DS. I massively over ordered. We had 8 pieces of chicken each and fries...my chicken pieces were definitely bigger than J's as they hand bread the pieces. J ended up eating 2 of my pieces. We ordered loads of sauces: spicy mayo, garlic parmesan, creamy buffalo, Nashville hot honey, honey mustard, buttermilk ranch, blue cheese and habanero hot.

It was delicious!

J wanted to check the pin shop and we stopped for another Starbucks which was on the way to the Lyft pick up so we called in en route.

We decided HS was to be the order of the evening, we'd managed to snag a FP for TSM, so over we went. We were picked up by an angry driver who was complaining to us about people who give him poor ratings. It was quite awkward TBH, but I managed to kill his mood with kindness and he ended up being ok. In fact, it was throwing it down when we arrived and he offered to drive us round. We declined as we may have talked him round, but we hadn't forgotten the bizarre rant as we got in the car!

To the main entrance we swam; there was no escaping the torrential downpour. Utterly soaked I headed to the toilets to see if I could dry off a little. The rain had caused a mass exodus from the park as it was now drizzling, we were in receipt of some sideways pity glances as people walked by.

Before heading to Toy Story we had enough time to potter around the shops, I was in market for a new outfit given the state of me, but didn't find anything. Luckily the humid air and the fact I was in loose fitting dress meant I dried fairly quickly so wasn't too uncomfortable for long.

We rode TSM and SW, the latter of which was now a walk on, after which we visited Woody's lunchbox for an adult lemonade and spotted the Stitches, before taking a spot in the hub to watch the fireworks.

Little lax on details today, here's some other pics we had taken from around about. To be honest, I think I remember us deciding we were just enjoying the atmosphere and soaking in the details on our last night rather than looking for photo opps.

Despite the rain we'd had a lovely afternoon and evening and the fireworks were an amazing end to our holiday - or so we thought. Stay tuned for tomorrow when we had the best Disney experience ever !
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love your dress too, some great photopass photos today. Even though you crammed a lot in, it somehow felt a laid back relaxed kind of day. Perhaps because you had done everything you wanted to do and were just fitting in your highlights in both parks.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

It was pretty relaxed all things considered. That dress is so comfy, but it's the type of material that will bobble quickly, I think. Hoping it'll last ages though as it has pockets and is a good length for the parks.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I know what you mean, dresses with pockets are very hard to come by. Fingers crossed this one lasts.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

It looks like you are bounding as Meg from Hercules! Glad to read this, hope you are well and ready for GCSEs again! Xx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks, it was a hot topic. They do great bounding outfits.
Old 6 May 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

How could anyone not like FoP!? Even if you are not a fan of rides with screens you had to admit it is incredible. You truly feel like you’re flying.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

I know, it's incredible, but I know my cousin struggles as he's really tall so it isn't comfortable. It's not the ride itself, but the vehicle.
Old 31 May 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
All those sauces are chicken guy look fab! Great day!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List