Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Unread 11 May 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Great start. I've been looking forward to this. Have stayed at FQ before and will be there again thus August. Glad to see they still let you swap drinks for snacks at the resort as I was worried they would stop doing this.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The husband loved it, we're going back!
Unread 12 May 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 26
DAY 1:SASSGALOULA FOOD COURT SNACK CREDITS

We h ad a late breakfast are but an early start at the Magic Kingdom on our first full day so we headed to the food court en route to grab something from the bakery section. 6.45am and all was quiet.

Kelly had an apple danish which she said was really good.

Both girls went for chocolate croissants which they enjoyed but both wished they had what we had selected.

I had the maple glazed cinnamon roll. This was easily declared the winner in terms of deliciousness! Warm and lovely.

We also brought along our refill cups. So far we are loving the convenience of everything at POFQ compared to the bigger POR.

Four snack credits used.

Edited at 11:25 PM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WE ARE GOING BACK, NO MATTER WHAT!
Unread 12 May 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Serious Dibber

Mobile

The pastries look great! Doesnt bode well for your sleep that youre posting this at 7.30 am though 😳
Unread 12 May 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
THE PLAZA MAGIC KINGDOM

The Magic Kingdom opened at 8am and we had an incredible 2 hours of doing so much in terms of rides before our 10.25am ADR. I'll put more details in the main trip report but the modifying the fastpass trick sure does work!

We checked in early about 10.05am but where warned we probably wouldn't be seated until then. It was around 30 minutes later that we were called in(god I hate how Americans say George, over emphasis on every syllable!) It was a little bit of a frustrating wait as the girls were hot and a bit ratty. More annoying when we went in and saw quite a few empty tables.

Much smaller inside than I imagined it would be and bit of a quick service feel to it.

We had a look at the menu. I'd be paying OOP for this as we have 7 ADRs booked but only 6 DDP credits and this ADR is by far the cheapest.

Evie was in a bad mood(tired and a headache) so was finding choosing difficult. She got a Bery Blast Smoothie(raspberries, blueberries and strawberries) This was really nice.

To eat she didn't want much and went for a fruit salad which contained guess what? Fruit. It had melon and stuff

Lily had a kids breakfast platter, scrambled egg, breakfast potatoes and sausage, but also nabbed one of my Mickey waffles. She thought it was ok but didn't like the potatoes.

Both Kelly and I went for the All-American Classic Breakfast Platter which consisted of two Mickey Waffles, Scrambled Eggs, Breakfast Potatoes, Sausage, Bacon, and a Buttermilk Biscuit. The pictures will be slightly different that I requested my egg on the side which I gave to Kelly and they also forgot Kellys biscuit which they had to bring later

For me this was just ok. Not that much difference from a quick service bounty platter. The waffle was good and I enjoyed the spice to the breakfast potatoes but the biscuit was really dry.

Service was average at best and we had to get another CM to get our bill as ours was nowhere to be seen.

This cost $63 before tip. Did it fill us up? Yes. Would we go again? Doubtful.

Edited at 11:28 PM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 12 May 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
THE POLITE PIG DISNEY SPRINGS

This will be a very mixed review. Echoing my 4Rivers review from 2017. The girls were very hot after a really long wait for the boat from POFQ to Disney Springs so werent in the best of moods when we arrived.

I was expecting it to be busy but it wasnt. Now this is a place I recommend you peruse the menu beforehand before joining the queue, unlike us! It moved quicker than we thought. In hindsight we should have let others pass us but just rushed our order. When I say we I mean anyone not me as I off course am a pro and new exactly what I was having

Kelly went for the Fried Chicken sandwich which had Sweet and Smoky BBQ, Duke's Mayo, Pickles and Cole Slaw served with Pickle Spear. She thought this just ok and a bit spicy and too saucy for her taste.

It included a drink and she chose a fountain drink(Diet Coke)

Lily for a change(not) went for the kids Mac and cheese with came with carrot sticks and apple juice. Lily is a seasoned mac and cheese connoisseur and considered this to be below par. I believe this was because it wasnt the processed stuff her palate is accustomed too

Evie went for the Smoked Turkey BLT which had Sweet BBQ Bacon-onion Jam, Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato and Dukes Mayo served with a Pickle Spear. She said it was ok but to be honest I think she was tired. I tried this and thought it ok but Im not a fan of turkey. She had water to drink.

Looking back the sandwiches werent the best use of a q/s credit as they didnt come with sides which mine did.

I went from The Smoker selection, Baby Back Ribs. These are Polite Rub Baby Back Ribs with Laylas Sweet BBQ Sauce served with Jalapeo Cornbread, Signature Polite Slaw and choice of one Market Side which I chose the bbq waffle fries. I absolutely LOVED these. Really really tasty and a lovely flavour to them. I also grabbed a couple of the sauces they offer(photo fail and description fail) to go with them. I also had a bud light and was disappointed not to be asked for ID!

I loved it but didnt like being asked to pay a tip for the sever at the time we paid at the beginning. We hadnt even eaten yet or seen the service!

So its clear for us that I love BBQ and the ladies dont. Heathens.
Unread 12 May 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
SASSGALOULA FOOD COURT ICE CREAM

To end the day we popped into the food court and three of the four of us got some ice cream.

It was pretty busy and a little confusing where the lines were at times and I have a feelin we may have queue jumped but hey ho.

One big scoop of ice cream to go.

Evie went for Vanilla.

Kelly had cookie dough

I went for Cookies and cream.

All lovely but probably not the best use of a snack credit.

3 snack credits used(Lily didnt want anything.)
Unread 12 May 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Oh my! It all looks amazing! That maple cinnamon roll is on my list when we visit FQ in November.

Loved our Second once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
One last onsite visit!
Unread 12 May 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
The pastries look great! Doesnt bode well for your sleep that youre posting this at 7.30 am though 😳
Nope! I was actually out for the count at 8.15pm so had a few hours. It takes me a few days.
US Rent A Car