Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 May 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A good travel day & 1st evening ‘eats’! My mouth is watering just thinking of the food! 😋
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We're also off to POFQ this summer so I'm keen to see all the food from there. It looks like it was all served on real plates not the paper throwaway plates. I'm wondering if Disney are doing this more at other QS to reduce their waste, does anyone know if this is just POFQ?
AoA have them as well, or at least they did when they opened.
Old 11 May 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by DollyDimples View Post
I was looking forward to seeing this. 51 days until we will be arriving at POFQ. Hope your body clocks adjust quickly!
It always takes me a little while but hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
You’re on the ball with your report! I hope you manage to sleep more tonight.

Good job you were prepared with your own flight meals. We popped into POFQ and I had those fat chips.

Enjoy your first day.
Thank you. Having a little rest break at the moment but having a good first day so far

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Loved reading your report! We flew out on Sat with Virgin via Gatwick so its a bit of dejavu! Agree the V-room is fab, we paid Ł20 each and thought it was definitely worth it.
We're over at Riverside, the pizzas in the food court here are sooo good. Definitley worth trying if you have time.
Definitely worth itThanks for the recommendation.

Originally Posted by Forest32 View Post
Looking forward to the next installment!I can recommend the jambalaya from POFQ and the steak with two sides combo. They also do a really nice iced vanilla latte for a snack credit from the place where you get the cupcakes.
Thanks. Kelly is keen to try the jambalaya

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Fab start! I don't really like chips too much, but love the chips at POFQ 😍
I had no idea they were like that so a nice surprise

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Am liking how you can switch drinks for snack credit especially if you are going to be eating at hotel food court with refillable mug! 👍
Definitely worth doing. Not that I think we will be short on snack credits

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
Great start, have a fab 1st day and I hope you sleep better tonight
Having a good first day so far apart from Walmart

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Great start!... loving the look of those chunky chips! Out of interest do they still call them fries? 🤔
Yes still classed as fries

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We're also off to POFQ this summer so I'm keen to see all the food from there. It looks like it was all served on real plates not the paper throwaway plates. I'm wondering if Disney are doing this more at other QS to reduce their waste, does anyone know if this is just POFQ?
We noticed it was all proper plates which is nice. Definitely more evident about the recycling since our last trip in 2017.

Originally Posted by GALE88 View Post
Glad your travel day went well. Hope you have a fab holiday.
Looking forward to seeing more of the food options at POFQ ahead of our holiday in the summer.
I'm not sure how much more we will have from the food court but I will have some snack credits from there probably tomorrow

Originally Posted by Clairebear View Post
Following your food diary.

Glad your travel day went well and hope your body clock adjusts quickly.
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
A good travel day & 1st evening ‘eats’! My mouth is watering just thinking of the food! 😋
Thank you
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

You all did well not to face plant your food out of tiredness. Good to know you can go back to get the snacks later 👍
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Brilliant start!

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great start
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Great start. I've been looking forward to this. Have stayed at FQ before and will be there again thus August. Glad to see they still let you swap drinks for snacks at the resort as I was worried they would stop doing this.
katnav is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
DAY 1:SASSGALOULA FOOD COURT SNACK CREDITS

We h ad a late breakfast are but an early start at the Magic Kingdom on our first full day so we headed to the food court en route to grab something from the bakery section. 6.45am and all was quiet.

Kelly had an apple danish which she said was really good.

Both girls went for chocolate croissants which they enjoyed but both wished they had what we had selected.

I had the maple glazed cinnamon roll. This was easily declared the winner in terms of deliciousness! Warm and lovely.

We also brought along our refill cups. So far we are loving the convenience of everything at POFQ compared to the bigger POR.

Four snack credits used.

Edited at 11:25 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

The pastries look great! Doesn’t bode well for your sleep that you’re posting this at 7.30 am though 😳
Old 12 May 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
THE PLAZA MAGIC KINGDOM

The Magic Kingdom opened at 8am and we had an incredible 2 hours of doing so much in terms of rides before our 10.25am ADR. I'll put more details in the main trip report but the modifying the fastpass trick sure does work!

We checked in early about 10.05am but where warned we probably wouldn't be seated until then. It was around 30 minutes later that we were called in(god I hate how Americans say George, over emphasis on every syllable!) It was a little bit of a frustrating wait as the girls were hot and a bit ratty. More annoying when we went in and saw quite a few empty tables.

Much smaller inside than I imagined it would be and bit of a quick service feel to it.

We had a look at the menu. I'd be paying OOP for this as we have 7 ADR’s booked but only 6 DDP credits and this ADR is by far the cheapest.

Evie was in a bad mood(tired and a headache) so was finding choosing difficult. She got a Bery Blast Smoothie(raspberries, blueberries and strawberries) This was really nice.

To eat she didn't want much and went for a fruit salad which contained guess what? Fruit. It had melon and stuff

Lily had a kids breakfast platter, scrambled egg, breakfast potatoes and sausage, but also nabbed one of my Mickey waffles. She thought it was ok but didn't like the potatoes.

Both Kelly and I went for the All-American Classic Breakfast Platter which consisted of two Mickey Waffles, Scrambled Eggs, Breakfast Potatoes, Sausage, Bacon, and a Buttermilk Biscuit. The pictures will be slightly different that I requested my egg on the side which I gave to Kelly and they also forgot Kellys biscuit which they had to bring later

For me this was just ok. Not that much difference from a quick service bounty platter. The waffle was good and I enjoyed the spice to the breakfast potatoes but the biscuit was really dry.

Service was average at best and we had to get another CM to get our bill as ours was nowhere to be seen.

This cost $63 before tip. Did it fill us up? Yes. Would we go again? Doubtful.

Edited at 11:28 PM.