Old 12 May 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
THE POLITE PIG DISNEY SPRINGS

This will be a very mixed review. Echoing my 4Rivers review from 2017. The girls were very hot after a really long wait for the boat from POFQ to Disney Springs so weren’t in the best of moods when we arrived.

I was expecting it to be busy but it wasn’t. Now this is a place I recommend you peruse the menu beforehand before joining the queue, unlike us! It moved quicker than we thought. In hindsight we should have let others pass us but just rushed our order. When I say “we” I mean anyone not “me” as I off course am a pro and new exactly what I was having

Kelly went for the Fried Chicken sandwich which had Sweet and Smoky BBQ, Duke's Mayo, Pickles and Cole Slaw served with Pickle Spear. She thought this just ok and a bit spicy and too saucy for her taste.

It included a drink and she chose a fountain drink(Diet Coke)

Lily for a change(not) went for the kids Mac and cheese with came with carrot sticks and apple juice. Lily is a seasoned mac and cheese connoisseur and considered this to be below par. I believe this was because it wasn’t the processed stuff her palate is accustomed too

Evie went for the Smoked Turkey BLT which had Sweet BBQ Bacon-onion Jam, Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato and Duke’s Mayo served with a Pickle Spear. She said it was ok but to be honest I think she was tired. I tried this and thought it ok but I’m not a fan of turkey. She had water to drink.

Looking back the sandwiches weren’t the best use of a q/s credit as they didn’t come with sides which mine did.

I went from The Smoker selection, Baby Back Ribs. These are Polite Rub Baby Back Ribs with Layla’s Sweet BBQ Sauce served with Jalapeńo Cornbread, Signature Polite Slaw and choice of one Market Side which I chose the bbq waffle fries. I absolutely LOVED these. Really really tasty and a lovely flavour to them. I also grabbed a couple of the sauces they offer(photo fail and description fail) to go with them. I also had a bud light and was disappointed not to be asked for ID!

I loved it but didn’t like being asked to pay a tip for the sever at the time we paid at the beginning. We hadn’t even eaten yet or seen the service!

So it’s clear for us that I love BBQ and the ladies don’t. Heathens.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
SASSGALOULA FOOD COURT ICE CREAM

To end the day we popped into the food court and three of the four of us got some ice cream.

It was pretty busy and a little confusing where the lines were at times and I have a feelin we may have queue jumped but hey ho.

One big scoop of ice cream to go.

Evie went for Vanilla.

Kelly had cookie dough

I went for Cookies and cream.

All lovely but probably not the best use of a snack credit.

3 snack credits used(Lily didn’t want anything.)
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Oh my! It all looks amazing! That maple cinnamon roll is on my list when we visit FQ in November.

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
The pastries look great! Doesn’t bode well for your sleep that you’re posting this at 7.30 am though 😳
Nope! I was actually out for the count at 8.15pm so had a few hours. It takes me a few days.
Old 12 May 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Morning, I see you have arrived and managed to navigate yourself around French Quarter even if you felt like the walking dead! It’s such a nice feeling when you realise it’s not a massive trek back to your building compared to POR. I love that you started with the Beignets burger-they didn’t have them last year. I can’t decide if it would be a dream or not but I’d give it a try! We generally had beignets for breakfast, they go really well with the strawberry sauce...actually I’m kidding myself we seemed to have beignets whenever we were at the food hall
My favourite food was the Blackened Steak with shrimps, Mac & cheese, mash with gravy and corn bread...strange combo but it was amazing! I surprised myself by loving the shrimp & grits too. We often got the 2QS family pizza which was great for the four of us. The Sassagoula Power Salad was really good when your body starts to crave a little bit of healthy
We often got a can of beer or cider with the meals instead of the extra snack. It was lovely to have them in the fridge if you fancied a drink after the parks, quite novel for us as hubby wouldn’t normally be paying Disney prices for a few cans My girls would recommend the cookie ice cream sandwich as their favourite snack.
Shame the ladies weren’t loving Polite Pig, I thought your food looked good.
Sorry for the essay, you just reminded me how much I loved FQ Hope y’all have a magical day
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

All looks great
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Clairebear
Proud to wear my Ears

Great first full day post.

When we go next year we are staying in POFQ and the food options look good there so far.

Polite pig is on my maybe list for using some QS credits so it was interesting to see the sandwiches didn't come with fries, which would have disappointed my family.

Have a great day today.
Clairebear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

All the breakfast pastries look delicious, especially that maple cinnamon roll.

We really loved our dinner at The Plaza last year and I would be really keen to go back for lunch or dinner again, I think they would be a hit with you too – classic American fare. I was excited when I heard they were doing breakfast but I feel like it looks and sounds as though it is QS quality, your experience has shown I made the right choice in leaving it out of our plans!

Glad to hear you enjoyed Polite Pig. We have it pencilled in for this year and there’s so much I want to try, I think we may go for the platter.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great start! Looking forward to the rest. I only noticed the other day that The Plaza did breakfast. It looks like it should be QS at breakfast. I considered it but don’t think we’ll bother considering we’d be paying OOP.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
THE POLITE PIG DISNEY SPRINGS

I loved it but didn’t like being asked to pay a tip for the sever at the time we paid at the beginning. We hadn’t even eaten yet or seen the service!

So it’s clear for us that I love BBQ and the ladies don’t. Heathens.
This is what is putting me off this place - paying a tip for service you are yet to receive. I have seen in other reports that some people have refused and stated that they would only pay for service when they know what they are paying for. I'd be worried they would do something to the food if I took this tack!