Old 14 May 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
CHEF MICKEY’s DINNER

This was pretty much the only character meal we had never done. We had it booked several times before and always cancelled for one reason or another. The girls were really looking forward to it.

It was also our first proper visit to The Contemporary. I loved the hotel. We checked in about 7.45pm for our 7.55pm adr. We had a picture taken and waited until about 8pm to be called. First impressions where that this is definitely the most child oriented character meal. Very busy, very loud but we were all good with that so be warned if your not

Our server came along and took drink orders and explained who we’d be seeing at that Goofy was due to come in a minute. We waited and saw Goofy before going up to the buffet. I was pleased that Evie was playing ball this evening.

We were soon up at the buffet. Loads of great choice, breads(an amazing white roll with a salt top was my favourite) salads, shrimp, carving station, pasta, mash, sweet and sour chicken,butter chicken, pot stickers,veggies, kids station etc. The list is endless. Again excuse the photos as Buffets are hard to do.

It was all really good and we all over indulged. Personal highlight for me was the beef from the carving station.

Note the compartment plates for kids. I should have used it

In between plates, we had fresh drinks brought round and more character meets with Pluto, Donald and Minnie. Our two are awful and never say anything which is awkward!

Onto desserts. A lovely selection of desserts ranging from Ice cream station, Cookies, brownies, macaroons, cannolis, cakes etc. All really good but I didn’t eat loads as I was stuffed!

We seemed to miss Mickey but we told someone and saw him when we left.

Overall a very positive experience. Good service as well. Noisy and busy and not for everyone but we loved it.

4 t/s credits used

Edited at 05:33 PM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
CONTEMPO CAFE SNACK

Just a snack. I was desperate to try a Peanut Butter Pie from here that I’d seen before. I grabbed one to go after Chef Mickey’s next door. They have a lovely selection of cakes.

I’m not going to lie. I haven’t tried it yet. I will update this once eaten. It’s in the fridge awaiting consumption

1 snack credit

Edited at 05:47 PM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
CONTEMPO CAFE SNACK

Just a snack. I was desperate to try a Penut Butter Pie from here that I’d seen before. I grabbed one to go after Chef Mickey’s next door. They have a lovely selection of cakes.

I’m notgoing to lie. I will update this once eaten as I haven’t done so yet. It’s in the fridge awaiting consumption

1 snack credit
I’ve scheduled a trip to contempo cafe for this pie too 😂 can’t wait to hear what you think 👍🏼

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by DollyDimples View Post
Thank you. I was keen to see your report on the the Toy Story EMM as we have this booked for our trip.

Looks like there are choices there that all three of us could happily pick from.

Glad you all enjoyed it.

I will try to remember to head over to wherever we are eating (our booking says ABC too) sharp as the park opens to beat the queues too.
I think the refurb is just a couple of weeks so you’ll probably be back at ABC Commissary. In regards to Extra Morning Magic. It was really good but more people than I thought. Don’t get breakfast before.We headed to breakfast as soon as the crowds were let in as the event finished. It was like a scene from The Walking Dead with the hoards coming at us!

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
I’ve scheduled a trip to contempo cafe for this pie too 😂 can’t wait to hear what you think 👍🏼
I really don’t fancy it yet but might have it later today
Old 14 May 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Glad you all enjoyed chef mickey’s. Only done breakfast but dinner looks good.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Love your daughters ears Chef Mickey's dinner was our first ever character meal and we have such lovely memories of it
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella2006
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Loving the report. My son has asd and only eats beige coloured food so i got you! Finally found a butter he will eat in walmart, took us a few years to perfect it, lol x
Cinderella2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Dying to hear what you thought of the peanut butter pie, it’s always on my list but we never get there!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

We need a peanut butter pie review!
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Great start!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to update live!

Can't wait fir our stay at POFQ in September. We loved the resort last time. Sorry to hear the boat to Disney Springs was a faff, we loved that on our last trip. Same as the beignets which were much better with caramel sauce!

Thanks again and enjoy your trip :-)
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List