Old 16 May 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

You've had some fab food so far. I've been really busy lately so I'm playing catch up.

I CANNOT wait for our garden grill breakfast that looked awesome. Also the polite pig is in my plan for our first trip to DS. I'm going to ensure no one has a sandwich though, great tips. Tappan edo sounds a bit underwhelming from your point if view. I think it is all about the experience. We've done it and the Kobe steakhouse on I drive. It's a fun meal and as we like stir fry a good choice.

I'm sure there was more I was going to say, I hope you're having a good time and you're all enjoying yourselves.

We are at pofq this summer and I'm so excited to be there.

Have a great rest of the trip

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Shame teppan edo wasn’t a hit for you.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by DollyDimples View Post
Our first TS meal on our trip is an 8.05am booking at Garden Grille. Looking forward to it even more after your review.

We are also planning to go straight down to Soarin' after too.

I was quite keen to try Teppan Edo but DH and DS overruled me so we didn't book it. That is strange that you didn't get a larger portion of steak when you weren't having chicken too. I think we would all enjoy the food but I think we would probably feel uncomfortable with the shared table.

Looking forward to see if you did manage to get through all your snack credits in the end.
All to be revealed soon in the snack credit count!

Originally Posted by dollydaydream7 View Post
Great read, we are defiantly going to try the garden grill breakfast next time, I wonder if you get an early enough one if you can do sorin and TT before the park gets too busy and FP frozen?

Also I love teppan edo we do it every trip, my kids go crazy for it, out next trip we are a family of 6 so I don't think there will Ben too many others at the table with us. Last time we had some lovely women celebrating their friends all clear for cancer and they were great fun.
Once we had done breakfast and soarin there was already a 30 minute queue for test track which want too bad.

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Teppan Edo sounds a little under-whelming from your perspective, and certainly bizarre that you didn’t get more steak. This is not somewhere we have tried and I think we’ll probably find other places that will take priority over it. Loved the look of the Mickey shaped tart! 😋
Honestly I do think most people would really enjoy it

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Teppan Edo is one that we tend to avoid as an introvert. We have eaten there and loved the food but we’ve never gone back as I get nervous just thinking about it. Silly I know.

The Mickey Tart looked great, I didn’t expect the filling to be so soft.
It’s also put my off Biergarten as well.

The tart was lovely

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
We were at Teppan Edo on Friday and I think you got a bit done on the steak there! My DH got steak only and definitely got more than that.

I'm also not a fan of sharing tables, and ours came with some added entertainment of an obnoxious New Jersey couple who drove the server mad asking how each and every thing was seasoned and demands to have it more seasoned. They ordered extra starters, lobster tails etc and then sat there with faces like thunder and didn't touch any of their food or talk to each other.
On the upside we also shared with a nice British family and we all had a good laugh about the American couple once they left (which was as soon as they possibly could!).
That as something I didn’t mention. I was going to order the ribs to start but no one else ordered them so would have felt guilty.

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Oh, I love Teppen Edo it's a family favourite. We've got it booked on our last night in October. I don't talk to anybody other than a hello when I'm there (call me antisocial!) Did you order the fillet steak, maybe that's why you got less? My Dd had it last time and we had the combos and it sounds like a similar amount with it being a better cut of meat?

It's funny as I don't consider myself as a shy person like you do but I couldn't do a trip report, as im not brave and would worry that no one would want to read it or think I was daft?! (Is that shy or just paroniod? 🤔Hmmm 😂 )

I'm loving your report by the way! 👍

Kat
Thanks for reading. No I ordered the NY steak so I think he just thought he’d given me chicken already I’m guessing.

I have no issue doing the reports as they are for me and the family as well as Kellynturns the trip reports into photo books.

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Oo don't make me waiver on our choice of Teppan Edo..! Never tried it and booked it so we can watch Illuminations afterwards, DD a meat lover and thought she would like the cooking at the table! Hmmm... 🤔
Remember it’s just my view. Many more than me really enjoy it. Give it a go.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
You've had some fab food so far. I've been really busy lately so I'm playing catch up.

I CANNOT wait for our garden grill breakfast that looked awesome. Also the polite pig is in my plan for our first trip to DS. I'm going to ensure no one has a sandwich though, great tips. Tappan edo sounds a bit underwhelming from your point if view. I think it is all about the experience. We've done it and the Kobe steakhouse on I drive. It's a fun meal and as we like stir fry a good choice.

I'm sure there was more I was going to say, I hope you're having a good time and you're all enjoying yourselves.

We are at pofq this summer and I'm so excited to be there.

Have a great rest of the trip
Thank you. I’m wring this from RPR having left Disney today. We absolutely loved POFQ and were really sad to leave. Having said that we’ve had some good food today

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Shame teppan edo wasn’t a hit for you.
You can’t win them all and the kids and Kelly enjoyed it
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
BREAKFAST SNACKS

We were having a fairly early start and a late breakfast so I grabbed some snacks from the food court to tide us over.

Cinnamon maple glazed bun

Apple danish and cherry danish

Chocolate croissant

All good but the lady on the bakery in the morning is so grumpy!

4 snack credits used

Edited at 04:45 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 02:12 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
DONALD’S SAFARI BREAKFAST TUSKER HOUSE

Again not the best photos as it’s a buffet.

This is our go to buffet place. If we had to choose one then it would be this one. It never fails us.

We had a fairly late breakfast around 10.15am. We have a tradition at the Animal Kingdom to be there for rope drop and then hit the Safari and Gorilla Trail before breakfast. It works well for us.

We had no wait as our buzzer went off as soon as we checked in which was a result.

We were shown to our table and our server gave us all the magnificent Jungle Juice we all had copious amounts of.

It wasn’t long before Goofy was due to arrive. Wait or go to the buffet? To right, we went to the buffet.

All the usual offerings but a few different African inspired dishes. To be honest we don’t really have those. There is just to much choice. Highlight for me wasthe carved ham. The girls live the round sausage as well. It was all good.

There were lots of lovely pastries as well.

Soon Mickey, Donald and Daisy appeared. Evie was under strict instructions that she must pose with Lily. I have the same picture from our 3 previous visits that I recreate each time. This 4th one will go alongside the other 3 into a frame to show them growing up.

We each ate way to much, the service was good and the characters good as well.

Tusker House can do no wrong in my eyes.

4 t/s credits used.

Edited at 08:41 AM.
Old 17 May 19, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
DINO BITES SNACKS

Another go to place for us. Located in Dinoland. It’s a lovely little snack credit location.

Kelly had the hot fudge sundae which she enjoyed.

I went for the ice cream sandwich which epic but I couldn’t finish it.

Evie just had a vanilla ice cream.

Lovely.

3 snack credits used

Edited at 09:19 AM.
Old 17 May 19, 02:40 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
PLANET HOLLYWOOD

I thought we’d give this a go. Not been for years and we like these kind of places.

We walked straight in with no wait. It was incredibly different inside from our last visit. You could tell they spent a fair amount rebranding it.

Standard drinks although Kelly had a beer.

We decided to push the boat out and get the High Roller Sampler for four. It had Chicken Crunch, Texas Tostados, Buffalo Wings, Five Cheese Dip, and Fried Jumbo Shrimp. This was expensive but tasty although Lily didn’t each much.

For mains I went for the ribs. These were fine but nowhere near the quality of The Polite Pig ribs. It was also was served on a novelty bench for some reason. It looked cool but eating was awkward due to how high it was. It came with triple fries( 3 different kinds of fries) These were just ok.

Kelly fancied pasta so had Penne pesto with brocolli and chicken. Well that was the plan

Evie was being really indecisive went for Planet Hollywood’s take on lasagne. I believe the pasta is deep fried. She took one bite and hated it. Too rich for her so Kelly swapped. She didn’t like Kelly’s either

Lily on the kids plan was persuaded to not have Mac and cheese for once. She went for chicken fingers and fries. I don’t know who’s fingers they were based on but it was a massive portion for a kid. She didn’t eat much. She wished she had stuck to the Mac and cheese.

There was a nice atmosphere inside during the meal. One particular server really enjoyed performing and singing along to YMCA when it came on.

For desserts Lily didn’t want anything. Kelly and Evie both went for the sticky toffee pudding which they enjoyed. How they managed to eat it I’ll never know

I asked if I could swap my dessert for a milkshake, not one of the ludicrous ones, but was told no. Not sure why. Same price. I sulked and said I didn’t want anything then.

Overall this was ok. It wasn’t great, it wasn’t bad. We probably shouldn’t have ordered the appetisers and looked into Evie’s dish a bit more but like I said a nice fun atmosphere. Expensive if not on the ddp.

4 t/s credits used.

Edited at 09:44 AM.
Old 17 May 19, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
FINAL SNACK CREDITS AND DISNEY THOUGHTS

So we were off to Universal for the next stage of our trip in the morning but unfortunately had a lot of credits left over. We are just plain rubbish with snacks. We had 8 q/s meals left over as well. One due to Toy Story Extra Magic and the other I’ve no idea why hadn’t used it. We decided to convert those to snacks. Added with our remaining snack credits it left us with 34

Now as we are morons we didn’t think to swap them out at somewhere at Disney Springs, oh no we did it at our resort shop where the choice was rubbish.

Let’s just say the kids friends will think we bought them some presents back(to be honest they must expect this as we do it everytime)

So 30 snacks used on tat. 4 kept for pastries in the morning before we go to Universal.

Said pastries. 2 of each, cinnamon bun and chocolate croissant(again)

So that’s us off from Disney moving onto Universal then offsite. I’ve enjoyed the food but I think if we go again then we will go QSDP if free dining is offered. I think we’ve had our fill and also being tied to the DDP. Thoughts might change in time and probably will knowing me but there is a lot of options on the QSDP plan.

So next up, Universal.

Thanks for reading

Edited at 09:51 AM.
Old 17 May 19, 05:40 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Shame about Teppen Edo it was one of my favourites from last year. Tusker House is also our go to meal, always lovely and one meal I would pay for.
I’m now also considering qsdp. Can’t be doing with the adr’s anymore. I know you can change them but it’s just a bit to structured and I love planning everything!
Fab report so far, looking forward to universal.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Looking forward to the universal part! Excited for our lunch at Tusker house too now 😄 enjoy part 2 of your trip!
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List