Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 18 May 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Love Tusker House, the carved ham and round sausage are my favourite parts too. I like your tip for a slightly later breakfast having done a few attractions first, we might do this in future.

Its a pity Planet Hollywood was a bit of a let-down, we ate there a few years ago and enjoyed it.

I cannot believe that massive snack haul!

I agree about the heating taking away some of your appetite at the start, I am often too tired to eat much in the evening too.

Very interested to hear your thoughts on the DDP, I thought youd get to the end of your POFQ stay and wish you were there with DDP a little longer so was surprised to see you felt differently.

I too am tempted by QSDP but the restaurant planning is my favourite aspect when looking forward to a trip and I know youre much the same so Id be surprised to see you settle for QSDP in the past.
I enjoy the restaurant planning as well but finding being tied to time a bit of a chore. Just y view at the moment. It may well change

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Just catching up. Looks delicious!

M x
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Love the sound of bread box!... have added it to my list 😋
it was really good.

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
I havent considered breadbox before but your review has made me think again - your meal and Lilys are both right up our street!
Definitely worth a visit.

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Mmm the Mexican food looks delicious!

How expensive were the expensive doughnuts?
We had the eight plus 2 cokes and it was $30
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WE ARE GOING BACK, NO MATTER WHAT!
Unread 18 May 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
BURGER DIGS IOA

Wed had snacks for breakfast which Ill do as a Universal snack post after we leave

For lunch in keeping with the aim of new eateries we decided on Burger Digs situated in the Jurassic Park area of Islands Of Adventure. Id be using the dining plan again.

It was a fairly big queue inside but nothing too bad. All combo meals included a milkshake. We chose two chocolate and two vanilla. These were nice but to be honest more like ice cream and it was easier with a spoon.

Kelly and the girls both had bacon cheeseburgers served with fries. They all enjoyed them.

I had a bbq burger which included Gouda cheese and mango bbq sauce and served with fries. This was pretty good.

Kelly also had a warm apple pie which was a snack credit on the the dining plan. It was good although to me it looked like a pukka Pie from a chip shop

Overall not a bad q/s meal.

Edited at 11:55 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 18 May 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
NBC SPORTS GRILL AND BREW

This was supposed to be Margaritaville but once there and after being told we had to wait ages we decided to go elsewhere.

After a brief discussion we headed to NBC Sports Grill and Brew to check out the menu.

The theme wasnt to the ladies liking but the menu looked good so we decided to try it. We were told a 15 minute wait. After 30 I had to ask. They told me they texted me 20 minutes earlier. I never received the text. I could feel the daggers from Evies eyes in my back. Like it was my fault! Hey ho. We were shown to a table with no issue.

Were skipped un needed appetisers and just went for mains.

Lily went for sliders and tata tots which she enjoyed.

Kelly and Evie both went for the NBC patty melt. This was a grilled cheese with beef patty, brisket and onions. Both ladies loved this.

I went for 12 Chicken Wings. I chose traditional with buffalo sauce. I got fries as a side. These were ok. Not enough sauce or hot enough though(flavour wise).

No desserts for us as we had other plans.

Overall not bad and wed probably go again

It was $90 with tip and drinks.

Edited at 05:13 PM.
Unread 18 May 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
COLDSTONE CREAMERY

After dinner we decided on an ice cream rather than voodoo donuts.

It was surprisingly quiet inside.

We all went medium sized which was too big. When will we learn that smalll size in America isnt small!

We all created our own.

Kelly, Evie and I all had mint with different topping ranging from chocolate fudge, m&ms and gummy bears etc.

Lily had a strawberry one but I forget what topping she had.

These were all good but we got way too much.

Edited at 05:16 PM.
Unread 18 May 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Those sandwiches looked lovely, especially the beef/brisket! Good tip for the ice creams too, thanks 😊 shame about voodoo donuts, not sure whether we will try any but they should take better care when they are pricey. Great report so far!
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We're going back...Jambo!
Unread 18 May 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I like the look of Antojitos. Mexican isn't usually our go too food type but that looks nice. We tried Cowfish last year which was lovely and going to give Vivo Italian Kitchen a whirl in October. Might put Antojitos on the list for next time.

What's the name of the top picture voodoo doughnut? With icing and sprinkles? That looks lush, I got the doll last time and wasn't fused as it turns out I'm not a fan off jam doughnuts! I much prefer the more basic ones. 😃

Kat
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fab4FamilyFloriday! HRH/POFQ
Unread 18 May 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving your report! Shame about the doughnuts. We thought the same last year when we visited Toothsome Chocolate Emporium. Very expensive and overall didnt enjoy our snacks. Love City Walk for food but always gone to Bubba Gumps, fancying trying Magaritaville next year.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The 40th birthday trip!
Unread 18 May 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

LLamb's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I like burger digs, plenty of inside seating and a toppings bar.
Birthday cake remix is my favourite at cold stone.
Another good food day
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Just Universal this time, again!
Florida Escapes