Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 May 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Your breakfasts all looked amazing, shame the French toast wasn't up to scratch though. It sounds like a lovely relaxing day.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have just caught up with your report and now i'm SO HUNGRY! We always make that mistake at the cheesecake facotory, will be getting starters only this year! Culvers looks lovely, we did drive past last year and I thought it only did frozen custard so good to know the food is good too, will add to the every growing list! Enjoy the rest of your trip & happy birthday to the girls!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 02:59 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Your breakfasts all looked amazing, shame the French toast wasn't up to scratch though. It sounds like a lovely relaxing day.
We had a great day and night in Clearwater and would definitely recommend it.

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Have just caught up with your report and now i'm SO HUNGRY! We always make that mistake at the cheesecake facotory, will be getting starters only this year! Culvers looks lovely, we did drive past last year and I thought it only did frozen custard so good to know the food is good too, will add to the every growing list! Enjoy the rest of your trip & happy birthday to the girls!
Thank you. Appetisers are the way to go at The Cheesecake Factory
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
McDONALDS BREAKFAST

Not somewhere I'd planned to be eating but we didn't want anything massive and this was a quick easy option on our way from Clearwater to Busch Gardens.

This was about 15 minutes outside Clearwater. The staff were really friendly and it was very clean inside.

The girls both has sausage McMuffins which they love.

Kelly had an old favourite of hers, the big breakfast.This is no longer on UK menus so she was pleased to see it. Only difference was the inclusion of a U.S. style biscuit.

I had something I'd never had before, a sausage McGriddle. This basically replaced the muffin with pancakes with maple syrup. It was nice but a bit sickly.

Not much to complain about for a breakfast pit stop at $20.

Edited at 08:43 AM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
BUSCH GARDENS

This was meant to be a big comprehensive report on the food at Busch Gardens after spending a full day here but this place was a nightmare. Everyone always says how quiet it is but it was packed. End of May school trips. At the moment its the hottest its been in May since 2000 so eating outside was unpleasant option, anywhere inside was wall to wall coloured t-shirts from the school trips with horrific queues. The Serenghti Overlook restaurant had a queue going down the stairs. All we could manage was a couple of measley snacks. Also the rides kept breaking down. I paid extra for a Tigris fastpass but never got to ride it. I've felt compelled to complain to them which isn't something I normally do.

A big let down

Edited at 07:47 AM.
Old 28 May 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
MILLERS ALEHOUSE

So after our rubbish day at Busch Gardens we were all really hangry, yes hangry. We stopped at the Millers on the 192 near us. It was about 5pm so it was fairly quiet.

Our server was very friendly and brought us needed drinks straight away and the massive menus.

Again we ordered appertisers we didn't need but we cant resist.

I ordered Garlic hot Zingers. When they came they were parmesan ones which the server realised as she put them down, she said she'd switch them but I said not to worry. They were ok but nothing special.

She did bring out four of the ones I had ordered as well!

Kelly ordered pot stickers which she said were good.

The girls went for Calamari to share again which they both loved.

For mains both girls went with fajitas, Lily a steak and chicken combo, Evie just chicken. Both found it a bit too peppery for their tastes unfortunatley.

Kelly had a philly cheesestake which she said it was ok but ended up asking for a to go box.

I had the roast beef with au jus sandwich with fries. I didn't enjoy this at all. The beef didn't have a great taste to it and the one I had at Be Our Guest was so much better.

So overall a mixed bag but its pretty good value at Millers. around abour $100 with tip.

Edited at 08:02 AM.
Old 28 May 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry about your day at BG- we also had a difficult day there with the school trips. When we went in October it was so quiet! We did still get to ride most of what we wanted though so can't have been as bad for us.

However Seaworld was an absolute write off, just a sea of coloured tshirts and ear splitting noise everywhere you went. Honestly it's enough to put us off going in May again.

Shame the food at Miller's was dissapointing, we tried it once and thought it was just ok. Don't really understand the love it gets!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Sorry to hear you day at Busch Gardens didn't go to plan (and there was no food to report). We have budgeted a bit of money to get express passes incase it is really busy when we get there in July but worrying to hear that you didn't get to ride Tigris even with an express pass.

Hope the rest of the trip between than and now has gone better.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a shame that Miller’s didn’t blow you away, it’s a big favourite of ours. The starters look amazing.

I had noticed lots of people commenting on how hot is it just now but I had no idea that it is unseasonably warm, we’re planning a May trip in a few years so I am glad to know it’s not the norm.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
McDONALDS BREAKFAST

Not somewhere I'd planned to be eating but we didn't want anything massive and this was a quick easy option on our way from Clearwater to Busch Gardens.

This was about 15 minutes outside Clearwater. The staff were really friendly and it was very clean inside.

The girls both has sausage McMuffins which they love.

Kelly had an old favourite of hers, the big breakfast.This is no longer on UK menus so she was pleased to see it. Only difference was the inclusion of a U.S. style biscuit.

I had something I'd never had before, a sausage McGriddle. This basically replaced the muffin with pancakes with maple syrup. It was nice but a bit sickly.

Not much to complain about for a breakfast pit stop at $20.
McGriddle! Can’t wait to have one of these again
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List