Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 May 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Once Upon A Dream - Our Disneymoon May 2019 - DAY 6

Saturday 11th May

We are finding that as we acclimatise to the time difference, we are waking up later and later. We now definitely need the alarm to make sure we get up! We are still up early (around 7.30) as I want to get to Epcot for opening.

We grab the usual breakfasts from the food court (sorry, no idea what we had this time as I didn't write it down or photograph it - but I assume it had something to do with bacon.)

Then we head off to the park on the bus. As a child, Epcot was always my least favourite park so I'm interested to see how I find it this time. Spoiler alert: we both love it. In fact, it probably makes it to our number one slot of our favourite parks. It's spacious, well laid out, stunning with the flower and garden festival in full bloom, and has enough to keep us entertained for a few visits.

Test Track is our first ride, which we both love (and take pride in creating a monstrous vehicle).

We then have our Fastpass for Soarin', another fab ride. I know I'm going to sound so old here, but isn't technology amazing! Like, it's actually amazing what people can create, to make you feel you are riding over a desert etc. Honestly quite a stunning ride I think.

Because it's literally in the same building, we then ride Living with the Land. DH finds it pretty interesting while I might just close my eyes for a couple of minutes...

Then it's over to Mission Space for our 2nd Fast Pass. We do the Green version, as I'd heard scary things about the Orange one and wanted to test it out first. Turns out, Green was completely manageable, even felt pretty tame, so we wish we had used the Fastpass on the Orange side... No matter, the standby queue for Orange is really low, so we wait to ride. It's great! You definitely feel it, but not to the extent that I need to make use of the sick bags (thankfully)... and it ends up being one of our favourite attractions.

For old times' sake we ride Journey into the Imagination with Figment. I feel he's a bit of a love or hate character but I love him. It's such a cute ride though I wouldn't bother doing it twice.

After this, we do single rider Test Track, then head for our final Fastpass and ride for the day - Spaceship Earth. I love this ride. It's so gentle and relaxing (apart from the woman in the car in front of us who filmed the whole thing... why?!)

We feel we have done pretty well so far today and DH is amazed to discover we haven't even touched World Showcase yet...

We get the bus back to the resort for a snack and our usual pool time, and to rest our weary feet... while doing so, we decide that hey, we might as well go back to Epcot this evening and get some food from World Showcase and look around a bit more.

This is where staying onsite really pays off; the fact that the parks are so easily accessible and you can literally just pop in and out whenever.

We get showered and changed, and head back to Epcot for about 6pm. I have managed to get a Fastpass for meeting Mickey & Minnie, which I am ridiculously excited about as it's the main mice! I have my Minnie ears on specially and everything.

In the end, the character meeting is a bit disappointing. There's a family in front of us who hold things up as they try to pose for photos with a flag, and are a bit annoyed when they're told they can't have the flag in the photos. After this, the character interactions are just a bit... rushed. There's no response to my ears, our badges, or anything. Just grab for a photo and move on... I feel pretty disappointed actually as I was genuinely so excited about getting my photo with Minnie. I'm not even going to post the pics as I end up meeting them later in the trip - the *real* Mickey and Minnie as I tell DH - and this is much better.

We then have a wander around World Showcase and head to Japan, where we have decided to eat at the Katsura Grill. It feels very hot this evening, and it's busy, plus we're both starving - why does Japan feel so far away?

We have an OK meal. Actually the food is pretty good and we are both thrilled to have salad and something green! I have the chicken and prawn stir fry with rice. It's packed, though, so probably not the most relaxing in terms of ambience. I wouldn't rush back to eat here, but it's fine.

We walk back around the lake and have a look in Mexico. Probably my favourite pavillion. It's so beautiful and I wish we had more time there. We decide to do the Gran Fiesta ride, then head back into the main park to do Mission Space again as it only has a 15 minute line. (Though it's really more like 5!)

For our final ride we decide to do single rider Test Track again, but when the cast member sees our honeymoon badges she directs us into the Fastpass line. "That line is for divorcees," she says, pointing at single rider. This feels very exciting and we are grateful for the pixie dust! Sadly, we get to the stage of designing a vehicle, then there's an announcement to advice that due to inclement weather the ride is being stopped. However we all get a free Fastpass to use another time, so it's not so bad.

When we get outside, it's not raining, but there is thunder and lightning. DH is excited to see his first Florida storm - I just want to get on the bus!

Thankfully we don't have to wait too long and we are soon back at the resort. It must be around 9.30pm. We get drinks from the food court and just collapse into bed. Today's been busy - and very Epcot-centred - but it's been lovely and of all the parks to spend that much time in, Epcot has been the most manageable so far.

A great, great day.

Edited at 09:27 PM.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

I also didn’t expect to love Epcot quite as much as the other parks. Completely mistaken! We loved it. It’s actually DH’s favourite now. Glad you had such a great day there 😊
Old 30 May 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Ps it will be our first time staying at POR so I’m interested to see how you like it.
Old 30 May 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
Ps it will be our first time staying at POR so I’m interested to see how you like it.
We had a great time there. It’s a beautiful resort. I hope it’s just as good for you when you go x
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day with lots of rides done

Joan
Old 30 May 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

What a shame about the Mickey/Minnie meet and greet. I found it similar with some of the characters too, its a little like a conveyor belt.
Old 30 May 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
What a shame about the Mickey/Minnie meet and greet. I found it similar with some of the characters too, its a little like a conveyor belt.
It was the only meet and greet that felt like that, everywhere else was wonderful. Just one of those things I suppose. Maybe they had to be quick to bring the queue down or something.
Old 31 May 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We love Epcot too, I get really mad when anyone says anything bad about it haha.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We love Epcot too, I get really mad when anyone says anything bad about it haha.
I genuinely don’t see what’s not to like about it. It’s beautiful and spacious! We find plenty to do there.
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day at Epcot with plenty done, shame about the storm spoiling your last ride on Test Track