Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 31 May 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Enjoy last day 😭. Safe journey.
JenD1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Have a good journey back home, what a marathon eating fest! Have enjoyed reading along! Thanks for taking the time while away to do this report. X
Old 31 May 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Thanks for the replies. Will reply properly when I get home. Unfortunately at MCO now. I'll have the final 5 or 6 days soon.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
All back safe and sound so I'll make a start soon. Unfortunatley we are at the mother in laws as the house is nowhere ready.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Hope the flight was OK - shame about your house - I hope its not too long before you're all back home.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Glad you’re back all safe and sound!
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
KEKE'S BREAKFAST

So this was one of our favourite breakfasts from last time. We had planned on going earlier in the holiday but things changed but we had a window to pop in for breakfast before going to the outlets at the end of IDrive. The Keke's we would be visiting was the one in Dr Phillips.

It was a saturday just before 9am so thought we night have a wait but luckily we got seated straight away. A few minutes later there was a large wait.

We didn't take too long looking at the menu as we all had a good idea of what we were eating.

We started off with large glasses of orange juice.

The girls both went for the Florida pancakes. These are the ones everyone knows from the photos. It has 3 large pancakes. We managed to persuade the girls to drop that to 2 after trying to make it 1 each They still failed miserably as its just too much. They loved the fruit but truth be told I'm not sure how much they liked the pancakes. They said to flourery whatever that means.

I had a create your own waffle combo. I chose sausage and breakfast potatoes. I also had a side of bacon. This was good. I'm pleased I went for the waffle as the pancakes are a bit much.

Kelly went for apple cinnamon french toast which she loved.

Overall very good and I'm pleased we went out of the way to go but its more expensive than a regular breakfast location. I'm sure we will return again.

Edited at 07:07 AM.
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
HOLLYWOD STUDIOS SNACKS

So of course now we weren't on the ddp we wanted to use more snacks.

It was so hot we needed some refreshment before heading into to see Beauty and the Beast.

I went for a Mickey Ice Cream only because the ice cream stand opposite had a huge line.

Kelly went for a raspberry slushie.

Evie fancied some grapes.

Edited at 07:16 PM.
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
ABC COMMISSARY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

This was supposed to be 50's Prime Time Cafe but to be honest we didn't fancy being tied down to anything today as we'd had a busy day at the outlets and wanted to do a few things at Hollywood Studios before Fantasmic.

After looking at a few menus while waiting for Beauty and the Beast we settled on ABC Commissary. I used the mobile ordering again making sure to unfreeze my Revolut card. The ordering was very simple. Once we entered I went to a mobile order check out and was given a tracker for our food to brought to our table.

Kelly went for the Teriyaki Vegetable Bowl which was Stir-fried Napa Cabbage, Snap Peas, Red Peppers, Carrots, Onions, Edamame, ≈≈≈≈ake Mushrooms and Broccoli tossed in a House-made Teriyaki Sauce over Brown Rice topped with Crushed Cashews. She really enjoyed this.

After making a few bad choices Lily went back to her tried and trusted kids mac and cheese. The cheaper and more yellow it is the more she likes it She got a cookie and fries as a side.

Evie wasn't amazingly hungry and had the kids turkey sandfwich with fries and a cookie as sides. The kids didn't like the seasoning on the fries though.

I went for the Southwest BBQ Burger. This was a Flame-broiled 1/3 lb Angus Burger topped with Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork, Cheddar, Green Chilies and Bread and Butter Pickles finished with Green Chilies Aďoli and Crisp Onion Rings on a Brioche Bun served with Signature Southwestern Steak Fries dusted in Chili-Lime Seasoning. This was pretty good.

Overall not bad but feeling those prices without free ddp

Edited at 07:34 PM.
Old 2 Jun 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I've just been catching up with all the food. You had some lovely looking meals at Universal. We never really seem to make it into Citywalk so will definitely have to put that right next time.
Some of your offsite breakfasts look amazing too. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List