Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Eat and Play Card
Unread 2 Jun 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 26
HOLLYWOD STUDIOS SNACKS

So of course now we weren't on the ddp we wanted to use more snacks.

It was so hot we needed some refreshment before heading into to see Beauty and the Beast.

I went for a Mickey Ice Cream only because the ice cream stand opposite had a huge line.

Kelly went for a raspberry slushie.

Evie fancied some grapes.

Edited at 07:16 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WE ARE GOING BACK, NO MATTER WHAT!
Unread 2 Jun 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
ABC COMMISSARY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

This was supposed to be 50's Prime Time Cafe but to be honest we didn't fancy being tied down to anything today as we'd had a busy day at the outlets and wanted to do a few things at Hollywood Studios before Fantasmic.

After looking at a few menus while waiting for Beauty and the Beast we settled on ABC Commissary. I used the mobile ordering again making sure to unfreeze my Revolut card. The ordering was very simple. Once we entered I went to a mobile order check out and was given a tracker for our food to brought to our table.

Kelly went for the Teriyaki Vegetable Bowl which was Stir-fried Napa Cabbage, Snap Peas, Red Peppers, Carrots, Onions, Edamame, Shitake Mushrooms and Broccoli tossed in a House-made Teriyaki Sauce over Brown Rice topped with Crushed Cashews. She really enjoyed this.

After making a few bad choices Lily went back to her tried and trusted kids mac and cheese. The cheaper and more yellow it is the more she likes it She got a cookie and fries as a side.

Evie wasn't amazingly hungry and had the kids turkey sandfwich with fries and a cookie as sides. The kids didn't like the seasoning on the fries though.

I went for the Southwest BBQ Burger. This was a Flame-broiled 1/3 lb Angus Burger topped with Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork, Cheddar, Green Chilies and Bread and Butter Pickles finished with Green Chilies Aoli and Crisp Onion Rings on a Brioche Bun served with Signature Southwestern Steak Fries dusted in Chili-Lime Seasoning. This was pretty good.

Overall not bad but feeling those prices without free ddp

Edited at 07:34 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 2 Jun 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Serious Dibber

I've just been catching up with all the food. You had some lovely looking meals at Universal. We never really seem to make it into Citywalk so will definitely have to put that right next time.
Some of your offsite breakfasts look amazing too. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Here we go again...
Unread 2 Jun 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Kekes looks lovely as usual
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Onsite Disney with ddp
Unread 2 Jun 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Great updates looking forward to more
Thanks for sharing
M
mojo.121 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2022 will be a BIG one but no rush
Unread 3 Jun 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I've just been catching up with all the food. You had some lovely looking meals at Universal. We never really seem to make it into Citywalk so will definitely have to put that right next time.
Some of your offsite breakfasts look amazing too. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.
Thank you. There is some good places to eat at Citywalk.

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Kekes looks lovely as usual
It certainly was

Originally Posted by mojo.121 View Post
Great updates looking forward to more
Thanks for sharing
M
Next updates in a day or two Thanks for reading
Unread 4 Jun 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
KRISPY KREME

This wasn't supposed to be our breakfast location today! We had Boma booked at 9.30am. This was Memorial Sunday. We turned up at it was so so busy. The querue to get checked in was 10 minutes! I waited and when I checked in I was told they were running late and could be anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes to get seated. Obviously we weren't happy about this so we asked to cancel. This delay interfered with our plans for the day too much. We headed back down the Sherbeth Road to try Cracker Barrel. We could see a queue out the door and no spaces in the car park. The IHOP and Dennys was the same. Note to self. Don't go out for breakfast late on Memorial Weekend.

We starving so we saw the Krispy Kreme and headed in for a nice healthy breakfast

This was one time I was glad of the queue so it gave us a chance to decide what we wanted. We chose a dozen. With drinks it was about $17 so a bit cheaper than Boma!

We got a few different ones but nothing too elaborate. We all really enjoyed them. I loved my couple from Voodoo Donuts but the rest of the family far preferred these ones from Krispy Kreme.

Edited at 06:52 AM.
Unread 4 Jun 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

You've got to have donuts for breakfast at least once on holiday! Personally I'd prefer voodoo as well as they aren't as sweet as Krispy kreme.

Not good with the delay at Boma! I thought they booked to capacity every day so I wonder if they overbooked or something? Although when we went for dinner they made us wait 10 mins and most of the tables were empty so maybe they are short staffed or something.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time at Disney!
Attraction Tickets Direct