VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Fab report, thanks for taking the time to share.

Looking forward to the last few updates.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - Ł168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Omg discovery cove looked like a good day. I’m thinking of booking this for our trip next year as never been.
Homecomin looks lovely too - another place we’ve not tried. Loving your report and food ideas.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
I'm so pleased you managed to get your trip to Homecomin - even if you were very sneaky Shame the girls didn't like it but your meal looks delicious.
Thank you. It's one off the list

Originally Posted by Shimmigirl View Post
I hope you loaded your bags with all the snacks and drinks from your cabana - we came out of DC with several days snacks x
We may have done

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Your chicken looks lovely 😊
It was really good. The picture doesn't really show how big the pieces actually were but they were massive.

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Fab report, thanks for taking the time to share.

Looking forward to the last few updates.
Thank you. Should have the next day up today

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Omg discovery cove looked like a good day. I’m thinking of booking this for our trip next year as never been.
Homecomin looks lovely too - another place we’ve not tried. Loving your report and food ideas.
Its definitely something to do. We really enjoyed the day. Thanks for reading
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow. I’m a big chicken fan, I think I’d have loved your meal at homecomin’ - not somewhere I’ve particularly considered previously so I intend to take a proper look at the menu after reading your report
Old 6 Jun 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Wow. I’m a big chicken fan, I think I’d have loved your meal at homecomin’ - not somewhere I’ve particularly considered previously so I intend to take a proper look at the menu after reading your report
It’s really good
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
SIMPSONS FAST FOOD BOULEVARD

Disappointingly the girls weren’t that keen on having breakfast this morning so we had to make up for it by having an early lunch while at Universal Studios. My breakfast plans have been in disarray this time unfortunately

We had tried to visit the Simpsons Fast Food Boulevard on our last visit in 2017 but the queues were so horrendous we had to go elsewhere. Seeing as it was only 11:30 am I was hopeful we wouldn’t have the same problem! My thoughts were correct as when we walked in it was still fairly quiet. The themeing in this food court is really good. I’m not going lie I’m not a massive Simpsons fan anymore although I used to be. I haven’t watched the program in many years but I still enjoyed it inside. The kids don’t know much about it either.

Most of the tables had reserved signs on them and it was noticeable that when someone was carrying a tray of food a member of staff would remove a reserved sign so they could sit down. This was pretty good and stopped people from getting tables before ordering food.

At this food court, it is divided into different areas depending on what kind of food you want to eat, ranging from chicken, fish, pizzas, salads and sandwiches to burgers. You pay at one location though. This can be awkward if everyone wants different items of food so you do need to do a bit of a juggling act to all eat together. Luckily for us this wasn’t too much of an issue and we all got our food roughly at the same time.

I was using my universal dining plan cards again to pay and Evie went for a kids meal using a dining plan card that I had leftover from last time. She chose from Luigi’s Pizza. She went for kids Meat Liker’s Pizza which she really enjoyed. Note that not all of the venues do kids meals. I know Krusty Burger doesn’t have a kids menu.

Kelly went to the Frying Dutchman. She chose the Battered and Plattered Fish. Fresh Caught, Hand Cut Cod, Fried in a Batter, With Tater Tots, Hushpuppy, and Homemade Tarter Sauce or Cocktail Sauce. She wassurprised at how generous portion was. She really enjoyed this. Her combo meal came with a milkshake as well. She went for chocolate.

Lily and I both went to Krusty Burger where we both had hotdogs. Lily went for the
Heat Lamp Dog, a 6 inch Nathan’s all beef hot dog with Kurly Fries. She really enjoyed this. Again it came with a milkshake.

I went for a Sideshow Bob foot long all beef hot dog. I got cheese sauce and diced onions on it. It came with Kurly Fries and a hot dog. I also had a chocolate milkshake. I really enjoyed mine.

Overall we all really enjoyed our meals in a great themed quick service location. I was surprised how much we all enjoyed it and we would definitely do it again. My little tip would be to eat quite early to avoid the queues and crowds.

Just an extra note about our experiences of the Universal Dining Plan. As stated in the pre-trip report I pre bought three lots of these for our visits to the parks. I also had quite a few items leftover from last time. At one of the guest services in CityWalk I took all the cards and got a proper note of what was on each card. We didn’t use all the items on the cards this time. They are non expiry so I know for next time that we have some food already taken care of. I know it doesn’t save you a great deal of money but I like having everything paid for in advance so I really like having the Universal Dining Plan.

Edited at 01:02 PM.
Old 6 Jun 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I enjoy the food in Simpsons especially the chicken & waffle sandwich BUT I do think everything tastes much better if you can get there early when all the food is nice and fresh. Obviously that goes for most places but it’s heartbreaking when you get your favourite sandwich later in the evening and the waffles are just not the best-you can tell I still haven’t gotten over it!
I hope the girls play nice and you get a good breakfast before the trip ends...
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I enjoy the food in Simpsons especially the chicken & waffle sandwich BUT I do think everything tastes much better if you can get there early when all the food is nice and fresh. Obviously that goes for most places but it’s heartbreaking when you get your favourite sandwich later in the evening and the waffles are just not the best-you can tell I still haven’t gotten over it!
I hope the girls play nice and you get a good breakfast before the trip ends...
We do get another breakfast but I can’t promise it turns out to be nice
Old 6 Jun 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
TEXAS ROADHOUSE

Tonight it was steak. There had been less steak than I thought so far so time to rectify. It was between Texas Roadhouse or Longhorn both situated near our resort on the 192. We(I) chose Texas Roadhouse as its somewhere we'd never been to before.

We arrived about 6.30pm. I had tried to call ahead but the line went dead each time I tried so we just went. Luckily we didnt have to wait and we were shown straight to a table. I took a picture of the different cuts of meat on the way to the table.

It had a nice atmosphere inside and I was very confident we were going to enjoy it. We all tried some of the peanuts that were on a bucket on the table. We had to resist eating too many, the same with the lovely rolls that were also given to us.

Kelly also went for a beer this evening. She was disappointed not to be asked for ID

Evie was being a little bit annoying by saying she wasn't hungry. She has a habit of doing this and we order for her anyway. This time we called her bluff and didn't order her anything. We again resisted appertisers although quite a few took our fancy.

Lily ordered from the kids menu and went for the Sliders. She really enjoyed these. It was a big portion and she could only manage one so no surprise when her sister jumped into finish it off

Kelly went for a half rack of ribs. She really enjoyed these and the meat fell of the bone as advertised in the menu. She got this fries and some veg.

I went for a big steak. I went for the 20oz bone in ribeye cooked medium rare. For my two sides I went for loaded jacket potato and a caesars salad. My steak was fantastic. I really enjoyed it. Only the bone was left. If I could have eaten that as well then i would have!

The girls and Kelly wanted dessert so for one of the few times they went for it.

Both girls went for chocolate brownies which they both enjoyed.

Kelly went for warm apple pie which she said was really good. I can't confirm anything about the desserts as the selfish so and so's didnt offer me any.

At some point in the meal, I can't remember when, all the staff started doing a line dance. It was quite fun to see but in all honesty I think I'd have been better at it than them and thats saying something.

Overall I think this was an excellent meal and one of the best of the holiday. $90 with tip.

Somewhere we'd go again for sure.

Edited at 03:52 PM.
Old 6 Jun 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Enjoying reading along and Texas Road House has now been added to my list as the food looks great and we're staying at Encandata too so not far to go.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List