Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Jun 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki's Super Secret Magical Wedding and Honeymoon Adventure May 2019- COMPLETE

Hi everyone

I had originally planned to do just a food report but my trip was so amazing that it became a full trip report. I have pulled the food and drink pictures and comments out though for anyone interested and done a mini food report.

I have done an introductions page on the TR but in short I’m Nicki and my husband is Brett and we eloped to Orlando in secret and didn’t even tell anyone we were going on holiday (honeymoon)

We stayed at Radisson Blu Manchester Airport on May 2nd 2019 and flew out on May 3rd with Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy, staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge for 18 nights.

Our food adventure panned out as follows

PTD- Little M Bar at Radisson Blu Manchester Airport and Dinner at Mowgli

TD- breakfast at Radisson Blu Manchester Airport, Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy lunch and afternoon tea, dinner at Casey’s Corner

Day 1- Breakfast at All Star Music food court, dinner at Boma

Day 2- lunch at Seven Sea’s Food and Drink Festival booths SeaWorld

Day 3- WEDDING DAY, drinks at ESPN and Abracadabar, dinner at Jiko

Day 4- lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, dinner at Victoria and Alberts

Day 5- lunch at Simpson’s Food Court, dinner at NBC Bar and Grill

Day 6- breakfast at Seasons, lunch at Epcot Flower and Garden, dinner at Homecoming

Day 7- lunch at Be Our Guest, drinks at Trader Sam’s, dinner at Ohana

Day 8- breakfast at Bon Voyage Breakfast, cocktails at Territory Lounge

Day 9- brunch at California Grill

Day 10- breakfast at Be Our Guest, dinner at Narcoosees

Day 11- breakfast at Harambe Market, lunch at Satuli Canteen, dinner at Story Book Dining at Artists Point

Day 12- breakfast at Woody’s Lunchbox, lunch at Pizzarizzo and Backlot Express, dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse

Day 13- breakfast at the Mara, lunch at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and NBC Bar and Grill, dinner at Marvel Character Dining at Café 4

Day 14- lunch at Epcot Flower and Garden, dinner at Le Cellier

Day 15- dinner at Blaze Pizza, drinks at Jock Lindsays Hanger Bar and Jellyrolls

Day 16- breakfast at Cheshire Cat Café, lunch at Columbia Harbour House and Epcot Flower and Garden, dinner at Sanaa

Day 17- breakfast at Woody’s Lunchbox, lunch at Dockside Diner, dinner at California Grill

Day 18- lunch at The Mara, dinner at Bahama Breeze Orlando Airport, Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy dinner and breakfast

Summary

Edited at 03:19 PM.
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Craig_ld
Earning More Ears

Cant wait... thanks for sharing
Craig_ld is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Can’t wait x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkerSmee
Trainee Dibber

Excited to read this!

We got married at Paradise in October, Helen planned our wedding too!
Looks like you ate at a wide range of restaurants, hopefully I will be able to pick up some tips of where to book for our "honeymoon".
TinkerSmee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I am hoping to finish my TR this week and start this at the weekend

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TinkerSmee View Post
Excited to read this!

We got married at Paradise in October, Helen planned our wedding too!
Looks like you ate at a wide range of restaurants, hopefully I will be able to pick up some tips of where to book for our "honeymoon".
aww amazing, we looked at Paradise Cove as well, Helen sold the business at Christmas so most of my day was done by the new owners but she was lovely when I spoke to her at the beginning

2021- London

Old 5 Jun 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerSmee
Trainee Dibber

We wanted Cypress Grove but it was fully booked as we wanted exclusivity for our guests- I didn't think I would like Paradise Cove but I was surprised by the time my stamp had been put on it, it was much better!

Wish we had eloped like you- 25 guests was intense!
TinkerSmee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TinkerSmee View Post
We wanted Cypress Grove but it was fully booked as we wanted exclusivity for our guests- I didn't think I would like Paradise Cove but I was surprised by the time my stamp had been put on it, it was much better!

Wish we had eloped like you- 25 guests was intense!
Wow yeah i can imagine, im sure it was still perfect though, Paradise Cove is really beautiful elope for your vow renewal

2021- London

Old 6 Jun 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Pre Travel Day- Manchester

It was only 3.00pm but any good Team Bricki adventure starts with cocktails and our honeymoon was no exception so we went to the Little M bar at the Radisson Blu, Manchester. The bar staff were lovely and friendly.
Brett ordered his favourite an Espresso Martini (with spiced rum not vodka)

I had a Mojito (always judge a bar on how good they can make a Mojito, has to be the perfect balance of everything)

Brett had room for one more so went for a White Russian (again with spiced rum not Vodka)

The cocktails were delicious, at first glance we thought they were expensive at £9 for "bog standard" ones but they made up for it in presentation and taste, my Mojito was so refreshing and I am guessing with the speed that Brett's two went down, he liked his too.

We needed food now and already knew where we were going- Mowgli in the centre of Manchester! We have eaten here before at their other Manchester spot and it is just delicious! We have been desperate to go back and thought the start of our honeymoon was the perfect excuse. They serve the best Indian street food but they do one very special dish- Bunny Chow! This is basically curry in a loaf of bread but it is a hugely popular dish in South Africa and hard to find in the UK.

We ordered way too much food as usual but it was so worth it. If you are vegan or gluten free they have tons of options too, it really is a fabulous place.

So aside from the Bunny Chow, we got Treacle Tamarind Fries

Lamb Chops (that comes with more fries)

House Prawn Curry

Sticky Chicken Wings.

The food is just so good here, really strong flavours and spices. The curries are amazing, their take on fries is out of this world. Another amazing visit here.

And of course we didn’t forget about the cocktails! A little bit different as they are flavoured with spices, but we loved them.

Brett had the Masala Espresso Martini (spicy but it works)

and Lychee Rose Martini (has a floral taste likeTurkish Delight).

I had the Chai Rum Sling

and Pomegranate Fizz (both fruity)

All in all a delicious filling meal and not bad price at £75 for 4 cocktails, 1 main and 4 decent size tapas dishes.

2021- London

Old 6 Jun 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

The place in Manchester sounds interesting. There is a SA restaurant here in Truro which sells bunny chow. It’s now number 1 on Tripadvisor for the area I believe.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List