Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Orlando Attraction Tickets
Unread 8 Jun 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
Imagineer

That steak at Texas Roadhouse looks amazing! I am really going to try and get there this year because we didn't think much of Outback & Mannys on our previous trips!
All Star Sports/POFQ/Dibb villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 2019
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
No Florida this year, yeah right!
Unread 8 Jun 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Just caught up with your report some great updates there Texas Roadhouse looks really nice.
I think we all know that tired and stroppy feeling.
M.
mojo.121 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2022 will be a BIG one but no rush
Unread 8 Jun 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Just catching up with this report, it has been great and you have eaten at so many great places, it is also surprising the ones youve enjoyed the most! We stay along 192 most of the time now when we are in orlando, part hotel and part time villa, i struggle with 2 weeks in hotel! I will defintely needto try Texas roadhouse, looks great and we also love longhorns, just so many places to eat at! I need to check out you other report too!
I think all kids get so tired with the whole holiday thing, DD changes quite a bit to being a bit grumpy too after about ten days!
Texas Roadhouse is definitely worth ago. Weve gone the other way. Weve decided were definitely a hotel family

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
That steak at Texas Roadhouse looks amazing! I am really going to try and get there this year because we didn't think much of Outback & Mannys on our previous trips!
We didnt rate Outback in 2017. We ended up ding Mannys twice. First time Ive already reported on and we enjoyed. Second time Ive yet to do but its a very different story second time

Originally Posted by mojo.121 View Post
Just caught up with your report some great updates there Texas Roadhouse looks really nice.
I think we all know that tired and stroppy feeling.
M.
Thanks for reading. Still a few more updates to come
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WE ARE GOING BACK, NO MATTER WHAT!
Unread 8 Jun 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 26
BEACHES AND CREAM

Another first for us. This actually is a place Ive booked several times before but Ive always cancelled for one reason or another. Im not going to lie that I also nearly cancelled this one a couple of days in advance. Although I had spent less so far on spends I was a little reluctant to pay the Disney prices. As we missed out on BOMA I decided wed stick with it. In the end I was really pleased we did.

It was a fairly early adr at 4.30pm as the plans for afterwards were to walk from the Beach Club to the World Showcase via the International Gateway for the evening. The early adr turned out to be a godsend us when we turned up they were preparing a massive corporate event outside overlooking the lake. Parking would have been incredibly awkward later on.

We had a little look around the Beach Club first and its a lovely resort. However, like many of the monorail resorts there is a lot of footfall around the hotel which Im not sure Id like. No question for me that Port Orleans French Quarter is the place for us.

We had a little trouble finding Beaches and Cream but we soon did. Everyone says it, but I was surprised how small it was. We checked in and took a seat outside. We had a good look at the pool area. Lovely but too busy.

We waited about 10 minutes before we were called. I was hoping for a booth but we were shown instead to the first round table by the door. It was wonky as well so not ideal. Our server came quickly and she was a lovely lady. I wish I took note of her name but I didnt. I got the impression that everyone knew her as people popped into say hi to her.

We had a look at the menu before ordering. This was going to a main and dessert affair today! The menu isnt massive but there was definitely enough on there to interest me.

Lily Belle went for a hot dog and fries. Fairly standard stuff but she enjoyed it.

Kelly went for the Angus Beef Burger. Blend of ground Angus Brisket and Short Rib with Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, and Tomato on a Freshly Baked Bun. She really liked this and declared it her best burger of the holiday.

I surprised myself by going the chicken route. Im not sure why but Ive not been in much of a burger mindset this time around. I went for Cheddar-Bacon-Ranch Chicken Sandwich. Grilled Chicken Breast, Smoked Bacon, Sauted Onion, and Cheese on a Multigrain Bun. The server chose my side for me by saying Daddy wants onion rings. She was correct, Daddy did want onion rings. This was all really good and I was pleased with my choice. The onion rings were really good but I did find it a bit weird being called Daddy buy a lady considerably older than me.

Evie went for another Patty Melt. Blend of ground Angus Beef Brisket and Short Rib served with Swiss, Sauted Onions, and Garlic-Peppercorn Dressing on Rye Bread. She thought this to be the best one yet. I thought it looked the best one. I did have a taste and it was lovely.

So onto desserts! The kitchen sink was tempting but there was no way wed get anywhere close to finishing it.Lily Belle for some odd reason doesnt like ice cream so didnt want anything. Kelly said she didnt want anything either but we knew full well shed be hoovering up mine and Evies so getting 2 for nothing,

Evie went for a Classic Banana Split. A ripe Banana, Three-scoops of Ice Cream (Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry), Pineapple, Strawberry, and Marshmallow Topping finished off with Hot Fudge, Caramel, Toasted Almonds, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry. This was massive. She really enjoyed it and did a good job of it aided by the Hoover waiting in the wings

There was only one thing I was going for. D pre planned this bad boy. I went for the No Way Jos. A Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge delight featuring Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Morsels, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry. Again this was pretty massive but it was really good. Me and the Hoover finished it with no problem.

Kelly also noticed in the take out section of Beaches and Cream they sold the Mickey and Minnie Kitchen sinks. Kelly wanted one of each but empty. She wanted to use them in some kind of fashionable way at home to store things. An idea nicked from Pinterest no doubt. We enquired with our server and they could be bought for $9.99 each. We added one of each to our bill.

Disclaimer: not my photo. I forgot to take one. They are now packed away for when the house is done.

So overall we all really enjoyed Beaches and Cream. Pricey at $130 including tip(not including kitchen sinks) but definitely a place wed go to again. It will be hopefully a bit easier to get an adr soon now they are making it bigger

Edited at 07:33 AM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WE ARE GOING BACK, NO MATTER WHAT!
Unread 8 Jun 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
slightly serious Dibber

Beaches and cream looks lovely.

Ive been dying to try Texas Roadhouse since your review but upon checking the closest one to Cabana Bay says its a 25 min drive ☹️ Not happening when relying on Ubers!
Unread 8 Jun 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Beaches and cream ice cream look lovely, I love a banana split.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Onsite Disney with ddp
Unread 8 Jun 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Wow! Yes Way Jos!😄
Unread 8 Jun 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ive heard so much about beaches and cream and looking at your food I can see why 🤤 love the idea of using the kitchen sink for storage etc 😍
QuickSilver