Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Kenwood Travel
Unread 8 Jun 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Im with the girls on breakfasts out - a couple is my limit as they get a bit samey to me too.

Beaches and Cream sounds a winner all round. Hope daddy enjoyed his onion rings 😂. We stayed at Beach Club Villas for a couple of nights this year and while the resort and our studio were lovely, I didnt like the feel of the hotel part and we all agreed Port Orleans Riverside is where our heart is.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 8 Jun 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I cancelled our Beaches & Cream too and still really regret it especially as I wanted the No Way Jose...it looks lush, so does the banana split. I did manage to try a version of the No way Jose in the take out and came away with the pants. I feel the need for the matching Minnie!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Aruba Jamaica I wanna take u...CBR...
Unread 9 Jun 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

I am 100% going for that burger at Yak & Yeti, Ive only heard good things about it. I do feel I should probably order something more exotic but I need to try it for myself.

Really glad that you enjoyed Homecomin, I have always fancied the chicken biscuits too but could never opt for them over the main event.

The food in the Simpsons food court all looks great. Its right up my street.

Breakfast at Cracker Barrell looks great, I wasnt crazy about our lunch there last year but am keen to drive breakfast.

Love Beaches and Cream, I am surprised this was your first time. I am really gutted It is closed during our trip this year. All of your food looks fab and I am pleased to see Hot Dogs back on the menu. Very pricey for a family, even though it is somewhere I consider cheap.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NE Road Trip & Disney
Unread 9 Jun 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Beaches and cream looks lovely.

Ive been dying to try Texas Roadhouse since your review but upon checking the closest one to Cabana Bay says its a 25 min drive ☹️ Not happening when relying on Ubers!
Go to a Longhorn and pretend its a Texas Roadhouse I'm jealous of you being at Cabana Bay. I absolutely love it there

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Beaches and cream ice cream look lovely, I love a banana split.
I'd have one without the banana

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
Wow! Yes Way Jos!😄
Definitely

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Ive heard so much about beaches and cream and looking at your food I can see why 🤤 love the idea of using the kitchen sink for storage etc 😍
Kelly has plans for either putting them by the dink to put washing up liquid or as planters.

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
The daddy wants onion rings comment 😳😳😂😂
A little bit creepy

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Im with the girls on breakfasts out - a couple is my limit as they get a bit samey to me too.

Beaches and Cream sounds a winner all round. Hope daddy enjoyed his onion rings 😂. We stayed at Beach Club Villas for a couple of nights this year and while the resort and our studio were lovely, I didnt like the feel of the hotel part and we all agreed Port Orleans Riverside is where our heart is.
We will definitely be sticking to Port Orleans unless free Dining stops.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I cancelled our Beaches & Cream too and still really regret it especially as I wanted the No Way Jose...it looks lush, so does the banana split. I did manage to try a version of the No way Jose in the take out and came away with the pants. I feel the need for the matching Minnie!
Ive probably cancelled this 3 times over the years when on the ddp. The take out bit is a good alternative

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I am 100% going for that burger at Yak & Yeti, Ive only heard good things about it. I do feel I should probably order something more exotic but I need to try it for myself.

Really glad that you enjoyed Homecomin, I have always fancied the chicken biscuits too but could never opt for them over the main event.

The food in the Simpsons food court all looks great. Its right up my street.

Breakfast at Cracker Barrell looks great, I wasnt crazy about our lunch there last year but am keen to drive breakfast.

Love Beaches and Cream, I am surprised this was your first time. I am really gutted It is closed during our trip this year. All of your food looks fab and I am pleased to see Hot Dogs back on the menu. Very pricey for a family, even though it is somewhere I consider cheap.
The Kobe burger was really good. Right up there for me.

I was so so tempted by the chicken biscuits but I knew Id never manage.

The Simpsons turned out to be a real surprise. I quite like the q/s food at Universal.

Like I mentioned earlier Ive cancelled Beaches and Cream three times before when I had the opportunity not to pay when we were on the dining plan. Its something I now regret!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
EVERYTHING IS ON HOLD
Unread 9 Jun 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Hopefully some more up by this evening.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
EVERYTHING IS ON HOLD
Unread 9 Jun 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
MAGIC KINGDOM

So again the girls were having none of in regards to breakfast on our final full day. We ended up getting a few bits and pieces throughout the day at the Magic Kingdom.

First was Main Street Bakery Starbucks for some breakfast. This took forever and was a little bit frustrating to be honest. It was also pretty expensive for 4 sausage and cheese muffins. Kelly had her with egg as well. With four drinks it was a whopping $39!

Next up was the Cheshire Cat's Tail from The Cheshire Cafe. We'd had our eye on these for a while. We didn't get round to it before so we the seized the chance today. We got 2 to share between us. 2 words. Disappointing and Small. Two words Kelly isn't used to They just didn't live up to the hype. A shame.

Next was a couple of Egg rolls from the cart in Adventureland. This is always closed so I was so pleased to see it open as its always something I wanted to try. It was $7.50 for two and bot a snack credit if using the ddp. We went for a cheeseburger one and a Cuban one. The cheeseburger one was ok but the Cuban was lovely We shared these and we all thought the same.

Last up some treats from Main Street Confectionery.

An m&m and chocolate covered marshmallow stick for Lily which she enjoyed

For Evie a fancy cupcake.

For Kelly, chocolate covered rice crispy mickey ears.

Edited at 09:14 AM.
EVERYTHING IS ON HOLD
Unread 9 Jun 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely day in Magic Kingdom but I agree the prices of DDP are eye watering. We will deffo try Beaches and Cream next year. Im going to take a look at the menu.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The 40th birthday trip!
Unread 9 Jun 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Disappointing and Small. Two words Kelly isn't used to
Lol! Some good snacks there, I'm sad I missed out on trying the egg rolls
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time at Disney!