Old 9 Jun 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Hopefully some more up by this evening.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
MAGIC KINGDOM

So again the girls were having none of in regards to breakfast on our final full day. We ended up getting a few bits and pieces throughout the day at the Magic Kingdom.

First was Main Street Bakery Starbucks for some breakfast. This took forever and was a little bit frustrating to be honest. It was also pretty expensive for 4 sausage and cheese muffins. Kelly had her with egg as well. With four drinks it was a whopping $39!

Next up was the Cheshire Cat's Tail from The Cheshire Cafe. We'd had our eye on these for a while. We didn't get round to it before so we the seized the chance today. We got 2 to share between us. 2 words. Disappointing and Small. Two words Kelly isn't used to They just didn't live up to the hype. A shame.

Next was a couple of Egg rolls from the cart in Adventureland. This is always closed so I was so pleased to see it open as its always something I wanted to try. It was $7.50 for two and bot a snack credit if using the ddp. We went for a cheeseburger one and a Cuban one. The cheeseburger one was ok but the Cuban was lovely We shared these and we all thought the same.

Last up some treats from Main Street Confectionery.

An m&m and chocolate covered marshmallow stick for Lily which she enjoyed

For Evie a fancy cupcake.

For Kelly, chocolate covered rice crispy mickey ears.

Edited at 09:14 AM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely day in Magic Kingdom but I agree the prices of DDP are eye watering. We will deffo try Beaches and Cream next year. I’m going to take a look at the menu.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Disappointing and Small. Two words Kelly isn't used to
Lol! Some good snacks there, I'm sad I missed out on trying the egg rolls
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Lovely day in Magic Kingdom but I agree the prices of DDP are eye watering. We will deffo try Beaches and Cream next year. I’m going to take a look at the menu.
We really enjoyed it but would rather go on there on the ddp than pay out of pocket like we did.

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Lol! Some good snacks there, I'm sad I missed out on trying the egg rolls
I’ve wanted to try them for ages but it’s always closed when we go
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thats a shame i had my eye on a cjeshire cat tail...
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by scojos View Post
Thats a shame i had my eye on a cjeshire cat tail...
We may have had a bad batch I’ve heard lots of good things about them from others though
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

My one regret from our last trip is not trying Beaches and Cream, so I’ll definitely be trying for an ADR for our next trip!

Great report so far.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
My one regret from our last trip is not trying Beaches and Cream, so I’ll definitely be trying for an ADR for our next trip!

Great report so far.
I look back now and wish we’d done it before

Thanks for reading.
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
MANNYS CHOPHOUSE 192

So our final night in Orlando This was going to be Longhorn but for ease and convenience I switched this to Manny’s. The girls were pretty tired but I wanted us to go out on our final evening. I compromised on Manny’s as it was just up the road and I knew we could call ahead. I was breaking my own rule in not going somewhere twice.

I called ahead but in truth I didn’t really need to as it was fairly quiet. We were shown to a table on the opposite side of the restaurant to last time. Our server soon joined us but he wasn’t in the same league as the first server we had. I asked him twice for crayons for the kids(and Kelly) so they could draw on the paper table cloth. I don’t know if he didn’t hear me or chose to ignore but they never came.

We decided to share a couple of appetisers as it was our last night as well as the lovely bread rolls.

We got the onion rings again as they were great last time. Same again this time. Lovely onion rings.

We also went for some boneless chicken wings but mild so the others could share. They all still found them too hot though! So I had them to myself I enjoyed these.

For mains it all went downhill

Lily went for the kids steak on a stick. In all honesty this was pretty tasteless and she didn’t enjoy it at all.

Evie lucked out and went for the teriyaki salmon. She had this with rice and vegetables. She really enjoyed this.

The first time we came Kelly had said the ribs looked good so she decided to have a half rack. She didn’t really like them. She found the coating a little overpowering and they definitely weren’t fall off the bone ribs like the ones at Texas Roadhouse. She was disappointed.

I was torn between getting ribs and a steak so I did the logical thing and got a steak and rib combo! Half rack of ribs with a centre cut sirloin steak. My side was garlic mashed potato. Again I was incredibly disappointed with mine. The coating on the ribs didn’t bother me like it did with Kelly but they just weren’t particularly good. I’ve had far better and nicer ribs elsewhere. The steak however was bland and tasteless.

It was a real shame as it was our final evening meal. First time we enjoyed it the second time was very poor from the service to the food. I don’t think we’d go back to Manny’s again. We asked for the cheque and were out the door pretty quickly. It was $105 total including tip. We should have gone to Longhorn.

Edited at 03:37 PM.