Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Jun 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Best time of year for Disney cruise to Castaway Cay?

We’re hoping to book a Disney cruise for 2021, 5-7 nights, calling at Castaway Cay (any route). We’re tied to school holidays as I work in a school and both children are at school, but open to travelling in any holiday (we can all get an extra day off at the start / end of a holiday if needed.)

Which holiday(s) would be best for a cruise to Castaway Cay? I’m mainly thinking best for weather, but any other reasons for choosing a particular time of year would also be handy to know.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
We’re hoping to book a Disney cruise for 2021, 5-7 nights, calling at Castaway Cay (any route). We’re tied to school holidays as I work in a school and both children are at school, but open to travelling in any holiday (we can all get an extra day off at the start / end of a holiday if needed.)

Which holiday(s) would be best for a cruise to Castaway Cay? I’m mainly thinking best for weather, but any other reasons for choosing a particular time of year would also be handy to know.
I'd opt for Easter, but be careful of Spring Break as everywhere will be chocker and the cost of cruises higher.

Either that, or October half term which, although in hurricane season, has always served us well.

Joa
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Thank you’ll, we’ll look at the best option between Easter and October then. I assume October is a safer bet than August when it comes to hurricane season?

I’m guessing February would be too cold for a cruise, even in the Bahamas? And is May half term a bad choice?
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

We’ve been to castaway cay in late February twice, both times the weather was lovely and we stayed on the beach all day, don’t know if we were just lucky though.
vegboatride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We’ve been twice in August with no issues, works best for us as I won’t go at Easter as too busy and we only have a week off in October (I work in a school too)
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We just done April on the Disney Dream. Weather was fabulous! It was such a nice break from the crowds of the parks during spring break and Easter
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Ok, so it sounds like February, Easter, August and October are all winners for different people and different reasons. Maybe there isn’t really a bad choice then? (Except perhaps for May half term, which hasn’t had any recommendations yet.)
Old 14 Jun 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Ok, so it sounds like February, Easter, August and October are all winners for different people and different reasons. Maybe there isn’t really a bad choice then? (Except perhaps for May half term, which hasn’t had any recommendations yet.)
Your best bet is to play around on the website and look at the price hikes at different times. Avoid US holidays and it's better of course.
There is never a bad time to go on holiday!
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Your best bet is to play around on the website and look at the price hikes at different times. Avoid US holidays and it's better of course.
Yes, I’ve been looking at the prices for all of the dates that we can do (using 2020 prices just to get an idea) so I’ll definitely be using prices alongside the pros and cons for each holiday to make a decision.

There is never a bad time to go on holiday!
Very true!
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell7
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I’ve been in October on the Dream and weather was so bad we missed Castaway altogether! We went in April just gone on Dream again and the weather was lovely and castaway was paradise! I say there’s no guarantees on the weather, you just have to go when suits you better.
Tinkerbell7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List