Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Florida Escapes
Unread 12 Jun 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
More great updates.

Such a shame that your meal at Manny's wasn't good, not what you want to end the holiday on.

Beaches and Cream looks really good, it's closed when we're there this year, typical when it's the one year we were going to go.

Hope your house is sorted soon.

In progress - Another Wedding Trip, October 2019
COMPLETE - The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015
Complete - Five Little Ones Take the Adults!
The link to the post with my Christmas reveal is HERE
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 Lindfields Villa/01 Quality Inn Plaza/04 Hampton Lakes Villa/07 Honeymoon ASMo & RPR/Xmas 08 Highlands Reserve Villa/10 KV-VB-RPR&BLT/13 SSR/15 OKW, KV and Disney Dream/17 DLP/19 POR
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Another Wedding Trip
Unread 12 Jun 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
More great updates.

Such a shame that your meal at Manny's wasn't good, not what you want to end the holiday on.

Beaches and Cream looks really good, it's closed when we're there this year, typical when it's the one year we were going to go.

Hope your house is sorted soon.
Thank you. unfortunately we are missing a staircase so no idea how long its going to be
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WE ARE GOING BACK, NO MATTER WHAT!
Unread 13 Jun 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
RAINFOREST CAFE ANIMAL KINGDOM

So after a morning at Animal Kingdom it was time for our final sit down meal at the Rainforest Cafe at the Animal Kingdom. Rainforest Cafe isnt for everyone but for us its a tradition going back to when me and Kelly first went on our honeymoon in 2006. Weve never had a bad meal at the Disney Springs or Animal Kingdom location.

Again I was using the Landrys Card. I have acquired 3 over the years so I would be using my birthday reward from my third card. No need to book. I showed them Landrys Card and we were called to a table within a couple of minutes.

As it was a fairly early lunch it wasnt too busy but it quickly filled up. We always enjoy the theming here.

Our server was quick to appear and take drink orders while she gave us some menus to have a look through. We had a good look and resisted the urge to get unneeded appetisers.

The girls were both going from the kids menu for this meal. It was never any issue for Evie as she clearly is older than the stated 10 years of age. As the holiday went on she found kids menu far more manageable for her. She was happy to swallow her early holiday pride and eat from the kids menu.

She went for kids cheeseburgers. This was 2 sliders which she had with fries and orange slices. She really enjoyed this and was happy with her choice.

Lily went for kids hot dogs. It was two dogs and she chose apple and orange slices as her sides. Likewise she was happy with her choice.

Kelly went the chicken quesadillas from the appetiser menu as a main with a side of fries. Again she happy with her choice.

In theme with the rest of the holiday went for something I wouldnt normally go for. I had a the Blue Mountain Chicken Sandwich. Lemon grille chicken, bacon, Swiss cheese, red peppers and Safari sauce. I really enjoyed this and was happy I went for it. I was tempted by the Beastly Burger but thought that might be a bit heavy on the stomach on the plane later

We didnt really need dessert so we decided that was it. The manager had come round earlier thanking us for being Landry members and confirming we had $25 off the cheque for my birthdayreward. So with that off and tip it was a brilliant $50 total. The Rainforest Cafe never lets us down!

Edited at 08:22 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 13 Jun 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Got to love the RFC, one of DD favs and its great using the Landrys cards! Thanks for doing such an extensive report. X
Unread 13 Jun 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Glad you had a good last meal. We always enjoy rainforest cafe too.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Onsite Disney with ddp
Unread 13 Jun 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I had same as you did at RFC and it was delicious. Thanks for the food report. Looking forward to the rest of your trip report.
Unread 13 Jun 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Got to love the RFC, one of DD favs and its great using the Landrys cards! Thanks for doing such an extensive report. X
Thank you for reading

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Glad you had a good last meal. We always enjoy rainforest cafe too.
We always enjoy it. We think we prefer the one at Animal Kingdom

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
I had same as you did at RFC and it was delicious. Thanks for the food report. Looking forward to the rest of your trip report.
Only a little bit left
Unread 14 Jun 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
BURGER KING MCO

So the final eats in Florida

After the busy hassle of security at MCO we were keen to get sorted with something to eat before getting on the plane. We knew it was doubtful wed be eating the plane food on the way home. This proved to be correct so this it the final food report

The girls and Kelly found some seats which were few and far between while I went to sort out the food. The plan was Id go to Burger King for the ladies and then go and get myself a hot dog from Nathans when Id gotten theres.

The queue was pretty long but I didnt think it would take too long. Boy was I wrong! It took about 35 minutes from joining the queue to brining the food back. Totally unorganised and understaffed. 25 minutes in Kelly came to see where I was as she was worried!

When I finally got served I abandoned my plan to get Nathans and ordered from here as well as I couldnt face another queue. Luckily Kelly was there to take care of the self service drinks.

All the ladies wanted the same thing and that was the Original Chicken Sandwich. All 3 were meals. The girls getting bottles of water and a Diet Coke for Kelly. All 3 really enjoyed them and found them much tastier than the ones in the UK. Not that we eat at Burger King very often.

I went for the Double Stacker King with bacon. This was pretty good.

Above McDonalds but below Five Guys in my Fast Food Burger rankings. It did a job and I was full. $45 though! A little tip if you want to eat here. There was some self service machines you could order from if paying by card. These were so much quicker. I was paying cash so couldnt use them

So thats it for the food. Ill have some final bits later today with my final thoughts, future plans and Fatty Awards.

Thanks for reading

George