Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 Jun 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Good prices too!
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a bargain those ice creams were compared to Disney prices!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Theres nothing worse than a rubbish meal on your last night! We weren't fans of Mannys. Twistee Treats however looks amazing! There's one up in Posner Park near our villa this year and we are 100% going there... the ice creams look amazing!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Never noticed the Twistee ice cream place before. Will keep a look out next year.
EllieP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Twistee treat looks lovely
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Shame about Mannys but the ice creams have a least made up for your last night food woes!
They certainly did

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Ooh those ice creams look so good!
They were really good

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Good prices too!
Especially if you compare it to somewhere like Coldstone Creamery

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
What a bargain those ice creams were compared to Disney prices!
Definitely. I was surprised how cheap it was

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Theres nothing worse than a rubbish meal on your last night! We weren't fans of Mannys. Twistee Treats however looks amazing! There's one up in Posner Park near our villa this year and we are 100% going there... the ice creams look amazing!
I’d seen one before on IDrive but we never mad it last trip. Well worth a visit.

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Never noticed the Twistee ice cream place before. Will keep a look out next year.
It’s a bit further down the 192 going away from Disney. It’s a little further down from Culvers.

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Twistee treat looks lovely
Definitely a place to go to.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
KUSAFARI BAKERY ANIMAL KINGDOM

:SORRY I KNOW I’M TAKING A WHILE TO FINISH THIS BUT WE ARE STILL HOMELESS DUE TO BUILDING ISSUES AND STILL AT THE IN LAWS. SHOULD BE ALL DONE BY FRIDAY, HOPEFULLY

This was one morning we didn’t have time for breakfast. We’d done Virgin check in at Disney Springs first thing and then had to be at Animal Kingdom to use our Flights Of Passage fastpass. Once we done this we were heading towards Africa so we decided to get a late breakfast snack.

Kusafari Bakery is somewhere we’ve been before. It’s on the same side as Tusker House but a bit further down towards the Safari. They have a nice selection of pastries. Although we’ve been before I did embarrass myself by trying to get served at the collection window oblivious to the till and queue behind me

Kelly and Lily went for a chocolate twist each. They said they were good but Lily ended up with more on her face than she ate!

Evie went for a Colossal Cinnamon Roll. This was huge and too big for her but she really enjoyed it. I did help her out a little as well

I went for an Elephant Ear pastry. I’ve had one before and there pretty good. Pastry with the top covered in chocolate.

All pretty happy with our choices. Again missing those snack credits so it was $27.11 with a bottle of Diet Coke for me.

Edited at 12:12 PM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
More great updates.

Such a shame that your meal at Manny's wasn't good, not what you want to end the holiday on.

Beaches and Cream looks really good, it's closed when we're there this year, typical when it's the one year we were going to go.

Hope your house is sorted soon.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
More great updates.

Such a shame that your meal at Manny's wasn't good, not what you want to end the holiday on.

Beaches and Cream looks really good, it's closed when we're there this year, typical when it's the one year we were going to go.

Hope your house is sorted soon.
Thank you. unfortunately we are missing a staircase so no idea how long it’s going to be
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
RAINFOREST CAFE ANIMAL KINGDOM

So after a morning at Animal Kingdom it was time for our final sit down meal at the Rainforest Cafe at the Animal Kingdom. Rainforest Cafe isn’t for everyone but for us it’s a tradition going back to when me and Kelly first went on our honeymoon in 2006. We’ve never had a bad meal at the Disney Springs or Animal Kingdom location.

Again I was using the Landry’s Card. I have acquired 3 over the years so I would be using my “birthday” reward from my third card. No need to book. I showed them Landry’s Card and we were called to a table within a couple of minutes.

As it was a fairly early lunch it wasn’t too busy but it quickly filled up. We always enjoy the theming here.

Our server was quick to appear and take drink orders while she gave us some menus to have a look through. We had a good look and resisted the urge to get unneeded appetisers.

The girls were both going from the kids menu for this meal. It was never any issue for Evie as she clearly is older than the stated 10 years of age. As the holiday went on she found kids menu far more manageable for her. She was happy to swallow her early holiday pride and eat from the kids menu.

She went for kids cheeseburgers. This was 2 sliders which she had with fries and orange slices. She really enjoyed this and was happy with her choice.

Lily went for kids hot dogs. It was two dogs and she chose apple and orange slices as her sides. Likewise she was happy with her choice.

Kelly went the chicken quesadillas from the appetiser menu as a main with a side of fries. Again she happy with her choice.

In theme with the rest of the holiday went for something I wouldn’t normally go for. I had a the Blue Mountain Chicken Sandwich. Lemon grille chicken, bacon, Swiss cheese, red peppers and Safari sauce. I really enjoyed this and was happy I went for it. I was tempted by the Beastly Burger but thought that might be a bit heavy on the stomach on the plane later

We didn’t really need dessert so we decided that was it. The manager had come round earlier thanking us for being Landry members and confirming we had $25 off the cheque for my birthdayreward. So with that off and tip it was a brilliant $50 total. The Rainforest Cafe never lets us down!

Edited at 06:23 PM.