Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Jun 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
belle&tink
Trainee Dibber

Dibb busy day guide or Touring plans

Starting to make a plan of which park for which day for Feb 2020, in time for ADR date in August.

Touring plans have some totally different ideas than the dibb.

Which do you prefer?
belle&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Clearly the DIBB’s busy day guide is the best one to use.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't use any. I make ADRs and base my park days around those.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sorry to do this but Touring Plans. They use a massive algorithm and data base so the law of maths makes their accuracy levels more likely.
Old 15 Jun 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

We use the busy day guide to a certain degree, like we make a plan we’re happy with & then we’ll have a check at what our days are in terms of most/least recommends. We won’t necessarily change our days even if they fall on least recommended though, because sometimes they’re classed as that for things like the parties (which would still be fine if you’re only doing a half day) or EMH’s which might be least recommended for offsite guests but are beneficial if you’re staying onsite - just something to be aware off if you’re planning your days around one of the guides.

Edited at 07:32 AM.
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

The thing that confuses me is that as an on-site guest I can take advantage of EMH but that always shows the park as least recommended... to be honest this trip I just planned my days as to what looks ok, avoided EPCOT food and wine over weekends that kind of thing. I know it will be busy because of GE.
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
The thing that confuses me is that as an on-site guest I can take advantage of EMH but that always shows the park as least recommended... to be honest this trip I just planned my days as to what looks ok, avoided EPCOT food and wine over weekends that kind of thing. I know it will be busy because of GE.
It’s because for offsite guests us onsite would already be in the park & already in the queues for some of the more popular rides when they’re allowed in, making them have to wait even longer.

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Undercover Tourist give a really good explanation about the rationale for avoiding parks with EMH

Basically, it boils down to more people being in the parks (as resort guests think they should go to that particular park even if not during EMH). People also then tend to end up staying longer in those parks. This increases the overall crowd levels hence, the general advice is to go during EMH if staying onsite and then park hop to a park that doesn’t have EMH. If staying offsite, there are some instances where you should go to a park with EMH and those are outlined in the article.

Edited at 11:02 AM.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You are here on the DIBB so I guess the only way to go is to use the DIBB’s guide ;-) i use it myself every time I visit and it has always been good for me.

The DIBB uses a massive database of 20 years of historical data and a computer model to try and predict future recommendations for the parks. We combine this with on the ground tests. So far the DIBB guide proves to be very good at what it provides.

you can see some of that data in the Wait Time history in the DIBB Menu in our side column Link Here... https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/wai... php?a=history

Example, this is PotC at Magic Kingdom, for last year, 15th June

Whichever guide you use please don’t start comparing to others as all of them are just ‘best guessing’ based on the past and will have differences based on priorities.

Overall the parks are much busier now than they used to be and with the various changes the parks have made over the last couple of years the actual difference between a recommended park and a not recommended park is usually only a very small margin. So use a guide as a starting point but if you want to visit a park on a ‘not recommended’ day then dont let the guide put you off.

Have a read of this. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Bus...acy-p-992.html

Edited at 10:46 AM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
If you hover over a “least recommended” park which has EMH, you’ll see the following advice pop up :

The “least recommended” recommendation is mainly aimed at offsite guests. If you are an onsite guests then it is recommended that you make use of EMH. Of course, once the park is open to everyone then it will be busier because it will have attracted more onsite guests than the other parks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List