MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Rogue One – Day 8 – Moving Day.

Rogue One – Day 8 – Moving Day.

Welcome to our trip report!😎

Crew: me (mum), Thomas (age 11) and George (age 10)
Location: Rosen Inn at Pointe Idrive (1 week) and Hard Rock Hotel Universal (1 week)
Index: here

I woke early because I was too excited to stay asleep.

We had packed the day before but there still seemed loads to do.

Once we finally had everything in our cases we dropped the keys and went to the Mustang. Surprisingly we could fit our cases into the back with the roof down!

It took us a disproportionate amount of time to get to Universal because I either wasn’t listening to the SatNav or it didn’t know the new road layout.

When we arrived the boys were in high spirits.

There was a queue for check-in and it took hours to do bag drop and get the FOTL etc. Once this was finally done G declared that IoA was the park of choice today.

Today was very quiet in the parks and also very hot. We seemed to get around most of the park in not time and it was starting to cloud over so we went to City Walk for some lunch.

We went to Red Oven pizza place. I recall this being the worst and most over priced meal of our holiday. It had actually started to rain rather a lot by Florida standards so we ate slowly watching the rain come down.

In the end we couldn’t drag it out any longer and we had to walk back in a thunder storm to the Hard Rock.

It was nearly 4 by this point and I still hadn’t received a text to say the room was ready. So I asked at check-in if it would be much longer. A couple of phone calls later and we had a new room and actually we seemed to be have done rather well.

I seem to recall last time we stayed here the room wasn’t big enough to swing a cat in and we had a charming view of the air-con units. This room was BIG and had a garden view.

Unfortunately the weather did not cheer up and I sat by the pool (in the rain) trying to pretend I wasn’t cold while the boys played in the pool. I briefly wondered how many bud lights I would have to drink to make myself believe I was warmer. In the end though even the boys decided it was cold and we went back for an early night.

Thanks for reading.
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

I love the HRH and your room looks great😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List