Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Jul 19, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) A Mi11ion Dreams = 2018 - Day 27 - Nearly a soggy ending and our final night in Orlando.

Welcome back and as always thanks for sticking with this report until the very end.
Nearly there now as is the countdown - just 5 days left to finish this report!

As always, thanks for all the comments and PM's asking for info or advice - always happy to help.

Our previous day - Day 26 is a click here away.

The index to all of 2018 is here

and as always the index of all trips and all previous reports can be read by clicking here

There is now even a Pre Trip report for 2019 - you can read all of that by clicking here

Prolific posting I hear you cry in exasperation of getting to the end

Welcome to DAY 27

Tuesday 21st August 2018

Even after my chosen late night we were all up by 9-30 and on our way to Typhoon Lagoon for our very last bit of the holiday.

The lovely CM we had experienced in MK last Friday, had added an extra park day onto our bands, but when the scanning point shone blue this morning, all of our hearts sank.

It looked as if at 10.30 we would be the first car out of the car park (thank goodness we hadn’t paid for parking!)

We were directed to the ticket booth where we came across another CM who saw what the problem was, we assured him we were only planning on a water park visit to round off the past three weeks.

He gave us four complimentary passes and saved the plan – as our bands were only showing a theme park entry for today, not a water park!

As stated previously, I’m not sure what notes were attached to our Magic Band account by now but it did appear that anytime anything went awry they were able to fix it, instead of the “computer says no …” experience at the start.

I felt it best not to ask, as once again we had been well treated and most importantly … there was no need for that walk of shame back to the car.

Could you imagine that after all the things I have called others throughout this report!

Typhoon Lagoon is Alison’s preferred water park and we started on Miss Adventure falls with a short queue too – we really did just soak up the sun, the fun and the whole water park today, nothing was done in a rush but just to enjoy some fun for one last day.

We even had time for a coffee and a pastry too – more doughnuts!

We stayed till 2-40.and with a meeting with Lilo on our exit we brought to an end the Disney dreams for this year.

Just a little point to note for the future, Photopass doesn’t work on day 23!

All of the Photopass pictures we had taken were watermarked and available to purchase – until a little email to the lovely Photopass people who sorted it out for us after we returned home. Told you about those notes on our account!

Our afternoon then saw us in packing and cleaning mode, our most hated part of the holiday. It was going home time.

Usually I would have the music on and just enjoying house cleaning. Not today. We were on a mission – silence permeated the air, such was the unspoken heartbreak of it all ending, knowledge that we needed to get packed up and sorted and a reluctance in all of that.

No music needed - get the bags packed and lets go to Miller’s for the last night !

Having never done this before – it was a fitting end.We usually find ourselves drawn towards a theme park, but we wanted this to be different

An Uber there and back at $6 each way and a great night enjoyed – remembering so many special people we had met on this trip and so many amazing things we had done. You could call it a last supper moment, yet it wasn’t - this was a true recognition that we had done it!

As much as you plan, hope and cross fingers along the way – we really had achieved a Million Dreams – possibly Millions more memories too.

It is a horrible night when the absolute reality bites of going home, yet tonight we were celebrating what makes us as a family.

After all those weeks of work madness and these 4 weeks of magical bliss, it was such a wonderful moment to just absorb all that tonight was all about.

Not about me, nor my wonderful Wife.

We have two boys who have grown up being Disneyfied by their parents – and that is not a good thing.

We have two boys who have given up so much, because of the jobs that their parents do – and that is not a good thing.

We have two boys who just get it, no not the Disney stuff, the family stuff.

If we never get to do any of this again, tonight was just about us.
It was our celebration and group hug that we had done it all and then some.

We got an Uber back and a pool evening ensued that just ensured that we got to that moment of no return. When you wake up – you ‘re going home.

Dreams? You can’t count them – you need to go and live them, each and every one.

I write that now and think that would be a wonderful closer for the whole trip, but I’m leaving it here too.

It was how we all felt tonight and we all knew it.

Until tomorrow – see you real soon for our journey home.

Thanks for reading and the final instalment is coming very soon

In super quick time too

Click here for the very end of the 2018 trip

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 02:03 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've really enjoyed your trip report. Your family are lovely. Can't wait for your last installment.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely last day and I've enjoyed this trip report so much.
Looking forward to the final installment.
Old 18 Jul 19, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Ahhh a very emotional ending there. Don’t make me cry in the morning!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

4 days OMG how exciting, loved this years report as much as previous years. Looking forward to the final instalment

Sharon

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Well I’ve got to the end just the final instalment to go! As always I have loved reading about your trip. You definitely right about Dreams you do need to try and live them if you can.
Hope you all have a fabulous holiday, can’t believe it’s only 4 more days till you are off...make sure you do go out in a blaze of glory!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Your whole trip report has been a delight to read and your closing words above are lovely. Hope you have as much fun and make many more fantastic memories on your coming trip... and come back to tell us all about them!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Oh I don't think I'd have been able to resist using the extra day's ticket in a park!

Lovely picture with Lilo, the boys are really looking very grown up.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

You couldn't of had a more perfect end to your holiday.
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ha ha, you could have ended up being just like those South American visitors that couldn't comprehend they didn't have tickets to the park . I suspect you are right and there was a little VIP flag on your account (rightly so given the dreadful check in experience).

Love the photos of you all with Lilo . The meal at the end of the day followed by more pool time sounds lovely and you all just enjoyed being in each others company.

I like to think that my kids haven't suffered so badly from having parents who work hard . Perhaps they would disagree with me . I like to think we are setting an example for how to attain the lifestyle we want to live and that doesn't happen with luck it happens with hard work. It does mean that the time we get together on holidays is cherished and I like to think it's not taken for granted. Well, not taken for granted too much, they are still children and all children think their parents are made of money!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List