Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Jul 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We've yet to try a Perkins or Outback.

That Bacon pretzel looks right up our street though, we are doing Busch Gardens next year so I will add that to my snack list.

Thanks.
Old 28 Jul 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks so good - such a shame the descriptions at Outback didn't match up to the reality 😕 plus that garlic burger from the previous day? Nice! If I ever get the chance to try one I am there! 😄👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Perkins a great choice, lovely fresh food with decent portions and prices.

Never been a fan of the Outback steakhouse since an old boss refused to eat anywhere else when in the US and dragged me (and everyone else he travelled with) there at least 6 times over a couple of work trips Me and one of the team once feigned illness and waited till he left so we could sneak out to Wendy's I think he thought we were at it as opposed to eating square burgers

Sorry for the aside, loving your trip, keep it coming
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Great breakfast at Perkins, I wish they would refurbish the one on the 192 West! Shame about Outback, I agree with you about Longhorns, we have enjoyed the food there the last few times we have been.
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We've yet to try a Perkins or Outback.

That Bacon pretzel looks right up our street though, we are doing Busch Gardens next year so I will add that to my snack list.

Thanks.
I would defintiely recommend Perkins. The food was lovely and obviously a lot cheaper with the 20% off voucher! I think I also had a free meal voucher too but couldn't use them together.

I can't even remember where about's it was and I'm too lazy to find a map but I'd definitely try it they were lovely. I think we'd just come off Scorpion with Noah so might be around there somewhere x

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Looks so good - such a shame the descriptions at Outback didn't match up to the reality 😕 plus that garlic burger from the previous day? Nice! If I ever get the chance to try one I am there! 😄👍
It is isn't it I'd heard lots of people rave about it so I was disappointed. That burger it was great honestly! Definitely beat Outback hands down I didn't end up having my second till tomorrow but kept it in the fridge Make sure you do, I promise you won't be disappointed X

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Perkins a great choice, lovely fresh food with decent portions and prices.

Never been a fan of the Outback steakhouse since an old boss refused to eat anywhere else when in the US and dragged me (and everyone else he travelled with) there at least 6 times over a couple of work trips Me and one of the team once feigned illness and waited till he left so we could sneak out to Wendy's I think he thought we were at it as opposed to eating square burgers

Sorry for the aside, loving your trip, keep it coming
I was so glad we did it. I did umm and ahh about it and at the last minute almost changed it to Golden Corral where we had a Buy One Buffet Get One Free ... but so thankful we didn't!

I would say that must be so annoying, but that would be me with SnS we now have to go every time

I bet you were the talk of the group! meanwhile the dirty little secret was Wendy's

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Great breakfast at Perkins, I wish they would refurbish the one on the 192 West! Shame about Outback, I agree with you about Longhorns, we have enjoyed the food there the last few times we have been.
Hopefully they refurb it in the future, if not I'd definitely recommend the one on I-Drive. It is but at least we tried, I think Longhorns is going to be one we will try to do every visit

Thank you all for reading xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Well I'd been thinking that we should try Outback instead of Longhorns this trip, but DH loved Longhorns so much he'd kill me if we don't go and then Outback is rubbish...I'm so glad you posted this before we left!

That Perkins was our first meal after landing back in 2017, the server we had was a lovely lady and we said we'd go back for the cheesecakes but we never made it. I'm glad it's still going strong.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

We loved that Perkins went twice last holiday. Not been to outback for years.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Well I'd been thinking that we should try Outback instead of Longhorns this trip, but DH loved Longhorns so much he'd kill me if we don't go and then Outback is rubbish...I'm so glad you posted this before we left!

That Perkins was our first meal after landing back in 2017, the server we had was a lovely lady and we said we'd go back for the cheesecakes but we never made it. I'm glad it's still going strong.
If it was a choice between the 2 I'd definitely go for Longhorns. You may enjoy Outback but if you love Longhorns I'd stick with it to be honest

Definitely one of our favourites. Have an amazing trip Abby, so excited for you all xx

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
We loved that Perkins went twice last holiday. Not been to outback for years.
I think that's where I got the idea from, so thanks Stephanie xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
I've just read this whole report, i'm starving now. All looked fantastic except the Plane Food, that didn't look good at all and I hate those Gu things, so sickly.
Thank you for sharing its lovely to get ideas. We love the Olive garden and always go every trip.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Great report.
Really wish I could find a deal for £300 like you did
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List