Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Sep 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Happy Holidays in WDW, 2-year-old-style! Day 03: EPCOT & Electric Umbrella

December 21, 2018
[-- Trip Index --]

To everyone’s relief, Myla was a TON better today than yesterday. She was up and running around, full of energy, no temperature, and her cough was a lot better too - so we decided to stick to the original plan, and head to Epcot! I normally always do MK on our first day, but that had been planned for yesterday, and for today we had a Frozen Fastpass that I didn’t want to miss out on, as there weren’t a lot of them left for these busy days, so we just stuck to the original plan.

Breakfast was fruit and pastries in the apartment, and we soon set off for Epcot!

A few raindrops as we drove into WDW, but nothing major!

Uhoh - she actually fell asleep in the 10-minute drive there haha! A clear sign she wasn't 100% well yet, she'd never do that normally. We sat in the carpark for another 15 minutes, letting her nap - we still had plenty of time for our 9AM FP for Spaceship Earth.

Eventually we woke her up and headed on in. It was pretty chilly - only around 12C hence the jackets.

Ready for her very first WDW ride! She was unsure about the dark bits, but sat on my lap looking all around her the whole ride - she was fascinated!

Bubblegum wall photo with daddy!

Family pic!

Our second FP was for Figment.

She kept her hands over her ears the whole ride (this is what she does if she finds something a little bit scary, but is still interested enough to want to see it), and we all really enjoyed it!

She had a play with the toys in the giftshop at the exit.

We later went back and bought this Buzz for her, she still plays with it all the time!

Next it was lunch time, and I did a Mobile order for Electric Umbrella.

We had burgers, my mom had a salad, and Myla a kids’ meal - we all really enjoyed the food, super tasty!

After lunch, we walked on towards World Showcase, as our next FP was for Frozen.

Myla was starting to come out of her shell a little bit now - most of the morning she’d been clung to me, a little bit hesitant with the crowds and everything around her, but now she was clearly starting to feel more at ease and was very happy on daddy’s shoulders!

My mom absolutely loved the Norway Pavillion. Norway is one of her favorite holiday destinations, she’s been there about 7 times, and she loved how authentic it was!

Frozen is one of our favorite Disney movies, so we were all very excited to be experiencing the ride for the first time too!

Big hit - we LOVED it! Myla was in awe seeing the princesses, and we thought the way the faces move and all was so well done!

Quick browse around the shop.

And some photos outside!

This was our 3 FPs for the day done, and as we wanted to take it easy for Myla’s sake, we decided to slowly make our way back to the car. We stopped for a coffee at Joffrey’s first, and my mom asked for a snack to go with it, like a donut, so I asked for a donut, and we couldn’t stop laughing when we saw the sheer size it:

It was massive haha!
Luckily Myla loves donuts too, so we all helped her eat it:

As we were sitting there eating, we saw Daisy doing a meet and greet across the street. I asked Myla if she’d like to join the queue, and she sprinted straight over! We only waited a few minutes, and Daisy said she loved Myla’s hair - I think it made Myla’s day!

I admit I welled up - after the worry we’d had with her being sick, and then having SUCH a nice first morning, and a spontaneous meet n greet that Myla LOVED - it was just so nice and touching. Perfect end to the first day!

We slowly walked back, stopping for more photos…

and to listen to the live music! At home, we stopped by Walmart for some quick dinner to have in the apartment, and Myla was fast asleep by 7:

We watched the sunset from the balcony, and I was so happy with such a fab first park day!

Edited at 03:20 PM.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Looks as though you all had a fantastic day, glad Myla perked up! Awesome photos too!
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Ah a fab first park day!
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Awww, love a spontaneous character meet! How lucky!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely day 😊
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I've been reading your report and somehow missed this bit, what a lovely first day, although it does look chilly for Florida!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Great first park day - absolutely love your hubbys Spaceship Earth t-shirt!
Glad she perked up :-) x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List