Old 7 Sep 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The PB&J Tour - August 2019 - Day 6 - A birthday, the Void & Disney Springs!

Index here

Wednesday 14th August 2019

I was up at 6am today, not sure why! I didn't get much peace this morning either, because the girls were up at 7am which is unlike them!

I did however have wedding cake for breakfast, as I did for the next couple of weeks! It was truly gorgeous

We let the birthday boy (Chris) sleep in as it's his favourite thing to do, and the girls went in the pool

Iactually got in too a bit later on!

Then it was more shopping, target this time and Dollar Tree again! you can never have too much halloween stuff! I also picked up some my little pony figures from Target for my best friend, she collects them and there was a couple she hadn't seen in the UK, they were $8 each

For Chris' present I had bought him a drive in a sports car on an Orlando track, was very cheap, a groupon bargain but unfortunately we didn't manage it this trip, what with sick bugs about to hit us and then trying to make up for missed days and experiences.

After a relatively quiet day, we headed out to Teak Neighbourhood grill for tea, one of Chris' favourite places! on the Way we had a rainstorm that was one of the first this trip that Chris had to drive in, I'd forgotten how scary they can be, photo's never do them justice

However, we arrived safely and it was burgers all round, of course! Our server was very nice and chatty and even brought out the underground menu for us without us having to ask for it!

Between us we had, the spicy veronica, the pig, the philly, the hawaian and a mixture of sides, onion rings, chilli cheese fries, garlic fries, just delish, all of it

Brandon was the only one to have a dessert, he has such a sweet tooth, he had the Ultimate Cronie, I tried this, pure sugar! Brandon LOVED it!

The bill was about $70 which is fabulous value for a family of 5 with all the food we had.

The birthday experience I booked for both the boys (and Jess too) was the VR star wars experience at the Void, Dsiney Springs. This is where we headed too next

Again this is somewhere we have never been, it was Downtown Disney with a lot of construction going on last time we were here!
Whilst Chris and the older kids went in to the Void, Poppy and I went window shopping!

I took a lot of photo's here, of all the things I liked/wanted, Poppy had fun too, but it really was just too expensive to justify spending enough to feed a small country. So I didn't, I don't know whats happened to me.!

I really really wanted these Ariel notes (if you couldn't already tell I'm obsessed) but at $16.99 even I couldn't justify them.

Next up was the Christmas shop! and a million more photos!

A couple of things we did actually buy!

I love my tea, all different flavours, so I HAD to have some Disney tea!
And Pops wanted some Confetti Popcorn

Afterwards she went on the Carousel and enjoyed this, then we met up with the others.

They LOVED the void. They were chattering about it and laughing and telling me all about it, you know when you can just tell by the way someone tells you about something that they loved it? thats what I got from just listening to my lot. That makes my heart happy.

They did say the equipment is really really heavy (hence why there is a height and age restriction on it, a tiny little dot of a person would struggle to carry the equipment.

Chris said it was very clever, completely immersive, and totally worth it - Success!

One thing I took a photo of and wanted but didn't get at the time was this :

When I went to one of my outlet visits they had all the cushions there, so I bought it for $12 instead of $25. I think its very naughty of them to put something in the outlets that is still being sold at full price in the main stores.

Anyway, another successful day today, home to bed in anticipation of A level results and Busch gardens tomorrow

Edited at 10:43 PM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day

Joan
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I constantly check the weather when we're there, I hate driving in that terrifying rain. Otherwise a perfect day... shopping and lovely food, what's not to like!
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List