Old 11 Sep 19, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The PB&J Tour - August 2019 - Day 10 - Epcot and still fighting the sick bug!

Index here

Sunday 18th August 2019

This morning was another super early wakeup for me, to a very quiet and peaceful villa, and I got to sit and watch this, just beautiful here, I love it.

I got the rest my troops up fairly early too as our first FP was 9.30 this morning in Epcot. Chris was back to himself so we were a family of 5 again for the day!

Nemo was our first ride, straight on it and it broke down, literally straight away! but fixed within a minute or so and we were on our way, a ride that we know Poppy will enjoy and she does! She really enjoyed watching the Dolphins and the fish when we come off the ride too.

Next FP was frozen so we headed off to Norway and took this on the way.

we went into Kringala bakery, another first for us, to get some food. I'd had wedding cake at 5am this morning, and when I spied the cheescakes here I had to have one, so I got 2, YES! 2 different ones!

I am more of a starter and main girl much more than a main and dessert girl but honest to go all I did on this holiday was eat CAKE!

Both beautiful, the top was my favourite, Rainbow lemon cheesecake, the bottom one was Sven's apple cheescake, much sweeter than the first (but then that could also be because I had just overloaded myself with sugar in general! )

Chris and Jess had a toastie of some sort, Jess also had a yougurt. Brandon had a pastry and Poppy had fruit.

Poppy now said she had a sore tummy, I had hoped it was because she hadn't eaten anything yet and told her to try some of her fruit. She did but said her tummy hurt more when she ate. 10 minutes later she was ill .

Our Frozen FP was due, it was a ride Poppy was desperate to go on, she said she felt better, and Chris Experience was, in the beginning with the bug once you are ill you feel better briefly so we decided to push on and go on Frozen.

I loved this ride, even the boys seemed to enjoy and Poppy and Jess loved it too! I wish Poppy had been sat in the fron with us because you literally cannot see her on the ride, but she wanted to sit with the boys!

As we come off this ride, there had been signs to say Larry Dotson would be in Norway today to sign some of his artwork if you wanted to purchase it. As I wandered round the shop, there he was! Happily chatting and signing things for people, I was over the moon and HAD to have one!

I chose a Christmas inspired design which I LOVE (never been at Christmas, on the bucket list)

I had a chat with him and he signed my purchase and I positively skipped out of the shop, I will treasure this. I am so so happy I managed to get one.

As Poppy still seemed okay we carried on round the World showcase and decided to do an Agent P adventure in the Mexico Pavillion. We had done some of the Kim Possible missions in 2011 and enjoyed them so thought we would give this a go.

You do them using the Disney Play app now, so download that and it's very easy from there, it tells you what to do and what to look for and then where to point your phone. It's all interactive, very clever. I won't give anything away in case anyone ever wants to do them but I think they are great. It's also a good option to keep out of the August heat and enjoy the inside of the showcase, which is something we don't do enough. I wish we would have had time to do some more missions in other areas.

We also met this guy!

He didn't like Jess' Mickey ears as they had Chip n Dale on them, but he soon forgave her!

Jess also met her favourite princess

It was getting on for 12.30 now, we had a FP for Space Mountain and had arranged to meet family as they had a FP at the same time (wasn't planned that way!) Poppy was desperate to see her cousins

They get on so well and it was fabulous to see them together and have a chat. We all rode Mission space together, I got to sit with Poppy, she held my hand all the way round again but only because itn was dark.

Afterwards the plan was to head back to the worldshowcase to do another Agent P mission but we wanted to get a photopass all together to send back to parents and grandparents!

We were all positioned, about to go click and Poppy shouted, I'm going to be sick...so I had to run off with her quick, they waited and waited for us as long as they could for us to run back to the photo but in the end, they didn't have one and stepped aside so the others in the Q could continue.

A lovely man who was in the Q offered to take one of all of us when I came back with Poppy.

At least we got one!

At this point we decided against the worldshowcase, said our goodbyes and we headed over to where clubcool is as the photopass photographer had said to us take her there, they will give you water for her and she can sit down.

In all our trips we have never been in Club cool, much less tried any of the drinks, with it closing soon with all the work going on Epcot, it was a must of course!

I sent Brandon off in search of Beverly, and he delivered!

I thought it was foul, bit like medicine. This is what Jess thought of it

This is Chris reaction

He didn't like it as such, he just said he had no opinion either way really, found it a bit bland and a bit nothing. Jess and I couldn't fathom how he could say it didn't really taste of anything!

Pops said she was hungry now, hhmmmmm what to do...what to do... so we headed into Sunshine seasons to see what we could get her that was only light. She ended up with vegetable Crisps and a banana.
I had another cake - I know!

A rose gold cupcake, this Photo does nothing for it! I wish I wish I wish now I had chosen the rainbow mickey cake, that was only there for that day and I didn't realise (I asked for it on a later Epcot day and thats how I knew)

While we were eating a got a FP for Living with the Land, I enjoy this ride and I had forgotten all the 'inside' stuff which I found really interesting, I'd only remembered all the plants/food etc they grow.

At some point today I had also nipped into Mousegear and bought a few things

It really was home time now, so off we went and stopped at publix to pick up a few bits. Poor Poppy was sick again in here and that was it now, the bug was wella nd truly here. The journey home from Publix wasn't fun and poor pops went to bed as soon as she got in, Jess went to keep her company (they do like each other sometimes)

I had a Character Breakfast booked at 11.30 Tuesday morning, to meet Ariel, Eric, Rapunzel and Flynn, it was another, for my birthday things I wanted to do, but having the family ill, not knowing who it would hit next, knowing that pops wouldn't feel up to it and also the added knowledge that if all 5 of us did go, it's another $250 when it's only really me thats bothered. I decided there were planty of other opportunities for me to meet Ariel so I cancelled it.

Before Jess went into Poppy, we were watching TV, she passed the remote over to Chris and then me, and something happened, but the cable channels went off. We couldn't work out if we pressed something or what because it was fine, there were no storms or rain in the area, and I just sighed, something else to deal with.

Now it's really not a big deal, we all had TV's in rooms with Netflix but you know when you think, we will be in the villa more than usual because of sickness and now the TV is broke (it wasn't broke)

I went to bed feeling like I just wanted to give up today.

tomorrow is MK in the morning for part of the family Animal Kingdom After hours party at night for all of us.

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014

Edited at 12:47 AM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Poor Poppyhope she feels better tomorrow

Joan