Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Sep 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
k4ti3-x
Apprentice Imagineer

k4ti3-x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hello
I'm going to Dubai at the end of October for my birthday with my boyfriend. Neither of us have been before but I've got a rough plan on what we'd like to do.
Our flights and hotel are already booked - we are staying at the Marina for 6 days.
I plan on buying the Dubai 'Choose 4' Explorer pass to use on the Burj Khalifa, Aquaventure, Motiongate Dubai and the Desert Safari and BBQ. Can any one who is a Dubai regular let me know if that's a good way to spend our time? We aren't too fussed on Motiongate but as we get four picks on the card decided to make it our 4th! Plan on taking £1,500 for the 6 days with that being primarily for food/drink and the odd taxi is this enough?

Tuesday - Arrive 8am - Attempt to check into hotel and if possible rest for a while then spend afternoon at the pool. Evening plans - Burj Khalifa and fountain show then inside the Dubai Mall and dinner at Chilli’s or Cheesecake factory.

Wednesday - beach during the day. Wingsters in Marina for lunch and late afternoon/evening Motiongate theme park. Olive garden at Riverland section for dinner.

Thursday Miracle gardens in morning then head to Aquaventure water park and explore the Atlantis Hotel afterwards. Evening meal STK JBR.

Friday - My birthday. Plan is Brunch at Wanderlust Brunch at Garden, The JW Marriott Marquis 12-4pm with drinks package then head back and chill then head out happy hour - any suggestions?

Saturday - Day at pool / beach and then 3pm pick up for the Dessert Safari tour & BBQ. Try and visit the souks in evening.

Sunday - Head to airport at lunchtime - morning having breakfast and probably not much else.

Many Thanks
Katie
k4ti3-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by k4ti3-x View Post
Hello
I'm going to Dubai at the end of October for my birthday with my boyfriend. Neither of us have been before but I've got a rough plan on what we'd like to do.
Our flights and hotel are already booked - we are staying at the Marina for 6 days.
I plan on buying the Dubai 'Choose 4' Explorer pass to use on the Burj Khalifa, Aquaventure, Motiongate Dubai and the Desert Safari and BBQ. Can any one who is a Dubai regular let me know if that's a good way to spend our time? We aren't too fussed on Motiongate but as we get four picks on the card decided to make it our 4th! Plan on taking £1,500 for the 6 days with that being primarily for food/drink and the odd taxi is this enough?

Tuesday - Arrive 8am - Attempt to check into hotel and if possible rest for a while then spend afternoon at the pool. Evening plans - Burj Khalifa and fountain show then inside the Dubai Mall and dinner at Chilli’s or Cheesecake factory.

Wednesday - beach during the day. Wingsters in Marina for lunch and late afternoon/evening Motiongate theme park. Olive garden at Riverland section for dinner.

Thursday Miracle gardens in morning then head to Aquaventure water park and explore the Atlantis Hotel afterwards. Evening meal STK JBR.

Friday - My birthday. Plan is Brunch at Wanderlust Brunch at Garden, The JW Marriott Marquis 12-4pm with drinks package then head back and chill then head out happy hour - any suggestions?

Saturday - Day at pool / beach and then 3pm pick up for the Dessert Safari tour & BBQ. Try and visit the souks in evening.

Sunday - Head to airport at lunchtime - morning having breakfast and probably not much else.

Many Thanks
Katie
Good plan Katie, fitting a lot in. You will find that aquaventure will be busier on the Thursday night as it’s the start of the weekend (fri/sat is weekend) . It won’t be unmanageable but it will certainly be busier than midweek.
I would be tempted to eat outside at the Mall at one of the restaurants overlooking the fountains with an outdoor terrace. You get a good view and it’s a nice way to have a meal.
Check out the entertainer app for discounts on your food. It’s on offer now so you may get a good deal. Check to see if the restaurants you have chosen are on there.
Personally, I wouldn’t plan too much after brunch (especially with the drinks package), more than once I’ve ended up having an early night after a good brunch!
You have picked a really good time to go, October is my favourite time to go 😁
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Very Serious Dibber

Hi we have booked to go August 2020 staying at the Ritz-Carlton club rooms. Has anyone stayed here? I know it’s going to be very hot so we aren’t planning on doing much other than chilling but any suggestions will be helpful. I did think about the water park but it may be too hot for queuing?
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by peter pan View Post
Hi we have booked to go August 2020 staying at the Ritz-Carlton club rooms. Has anyone stayed here? I know it’s going to be very hot so we aren’t planning on doing much other than chilling but any suggestions will be helpful. I did think about the water park but it may be too hot for queuing?
Which Ritz Carlton are you at? There are 2 - both lovely btw
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

We have just booked 5 nights at Grosvenor House hotel we are going on the 6th April which is the start of our Easter holidays. I have been before as my friend lives there but this is the first time for DH, DS & DD.

This thread is so useful & im sure I will be asking lots of questions on what’s the best things to do with 2 teens
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Which Ritz Carlton are you at? There are 2 - both lovely btw
Gosh... didn’t know there was 2 but it’s on Jumeirah?
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by k4ti3-x View Post

Just as a heads up, we did the desert safari on Sunday and we didn't get back to our hotel until nearly 10pm and were shattered so you may want to rearrange the souk visit.
Hope you have a fab time
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

We would really like to do the desert safari tour however I get really sick when travelling in the back of a car. Does anyone know if I can buy travel sickness tablets in Dubai? I don’t want to bring them from home as I’m not sure if they are allowed.
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
We would really like to do the desert safari tour however I get really sick when travelling in the back of a car. Does anyone know if I can buy travel sickness tablets in Dubai? I don’t want to bring them from home as I’m not sure if they are allowed.
I suffer like you and I was ill on a desert safari. I took pills in a couple of years ago as we were doing a boat trip and there was no issue
Old 24 Sep 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
It never crossed my mind this could be an issue. I get sick on planes too and would never travel without my sturgeon. I had no issues taking into Dubai.

Are you planning to do dune bashing or just travel direct across the dunes to the BBQ/show? I get travel sick so we avoided dune bashing but even the 5 mins across the dunes to the bbq area left me feeling really sick - I asked the driver to slow down but he said he couldn’t as the wheels would sink into the sand so had to move fast. That was enough for me and there is no way I could’ve done the half an hour of dune bashing.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List