Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Sep 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Disney with the Dufflers - Take 2 - Jul 2019 - Day 6 - Pool day, Disney Springs and the Boathouse

Pre-Trip Report

Day 0 - Monday 1st July 2019 - Overnight at the Radisson Blu, Manchester Airport

Day 1 - Tuesday 2nd July 2019 - Travel day and arrival at Sapphire Falls

Day 2 - Wednesday 3rd July 2019 - Universal Studios and Hard Rock Cafe

Day 3 - Thursday 4th July 2019 - Islands of Adventure, Bahama Breeze and Bar 17 @ Aventura

Day 4 - Friday 5th July 2019 - Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure and our move to CSR

Day 5 - Saturday 6th July 2019 - Magic Kingdom and 'Ohana

Day 6 - Sunday 7th July 2019 - Pool day, Disney Springs and The Boathouse

After a wonderful first day at Magic Kingdom, and fairly hectic few days at Universal, it was really welcomed to have a really chilled out day by the pool.

After breakfast, Neil and I headed over to the main pool area and secured some fantastic sunbeds for everyone in the shade. It was gorgeously hot, but given that it was due to rain just after lunch time, we were determined to make the most of a morning in the sun. For me, this meant trying to get some more water pictures... with even more comedic results

We had a really great morning by the fantastic CSR pool

Neil and I broke for lunch about 1pm and discovered the amazing delights of the hot sandwich collection in El Centro. My goodness, these were gorgeous. I also had a cheeky drink, making the most of this welcome amendment to the dining plan.

However, on our way back to the pool after lunch, about 2pm, the heavens opened, and we were all rained out of there... It's really crazy how quickly the weather can turn!

Neil and I got showers, texted the gang and headed down to Disney Springs at about 4.30pm. It was still absolutely throwing it down when we arrived!

We headed down to World of Disney as we needed to get our $200 gift card. I'm actually not a fan of the renovations they've done in this store. While it is open, and lighter, somehow this made it more stressful I opted for asking a cast member instead of looking around aimlessly.

We quickly got our gift card and got out of there!

I was eager to try out Wine Bar George as it hadn't been open the last time we'd been, and it was really close to The Boathouse, where we were going for dinner that evening Neil and I had spent a lot of time at Disney Springs on our honeymoon - it became a massive happy place for us, despite the running joke that the weather was always terrible!

We ordered some lovely drinks and settled in.

(I didn't order a bottle by the way - this was just for display )

We absolutely loved it in here. It's such a great atmosphere and the bartenders were super helpful about which wine I should choose. Neil was also impressed by their selection of craft ale. We also liked the fact that you could sit up at the bar, which we love to do in the States.

Pretty soon, we were joined by the rest of the gang, who got drinks at Wine Bar George as well, and we headed upstairs...

They had all received their gift cards as well, and had done a bit of shopping. Mum, Martin and OB were massively impressed by Disney Springs, as they hadn't been since it was all redone.

When we'd all finished our drinks, I suggested we head over to Jock Lindsay's for another pre-dinner drink () as it was just opposite, Neil and I loved it, and we still had 45 minutes until our dinner reservations. So this is what we did...

To my dismay, the boat area to the side was closed off - I think they had a bit of a swimming pool situation going on (! ) because of the rain, so we found a big table round the back overlooking Saratoga Springs and the lake. It was fantastic.

We were splitting by family for dinner that night. The Dufflers were headed to Raglan Road and me, Neil, Mum, Martin and OB were headed to mine and Neil's standout restaurant from our honeymoon: The Boathouse

We were seated almost immediately in the main room, right by the grand piano, and as if by magic, right after these photographs were taken, a pianist came to sit down and started playing 'You've Got A Friend In Me'... it was absolute perfection and made us all really emotional.

This meal and this evening absolutely shone for us. The service was sensational, the atmosphere was just magical and the food was flawless. This is still my favourite meal of all time.

Neil and I ordered starters (which I shockingly haven't taken pictures of!) but I'm pretty sure that I had the firecracker shrimp!

I ordered the Filet Mignon Oscar Style - my favourite meal EVER.

Mum had the Scallops, which she said were amazing.

The boys all ordered Neil's favourite meal of all time, which he had ordered on our honeymoon: the Crab Stuffed Lobster.

Martin enjoyed playing with his lobster claws...

The waitress took a lovely picture of us all - we were all genuinely so happy here.

At some point between the main course and dessert, again, as if by magic...the pianist began to play 'What A Wonderful World' by Louis Armstrong, and we all got really emotional again. This song means a lot to our family, but particularly to my Mum, as we lost Grandad in 2016, just after Neil and I got married. Hearing this song made us genuinely feel that he was there with us on this amazingly magical evening. It was a beautiful moment.

We ordered desserts quickly as the Dufflers had already finished their meal at Raglan Road.

I got the Chocolate Bundt Cake.

And Neil got the Blueberry Cheesecake.

I cannot stress how amazing this meal was, and sitting right by the piano made it all the more magical for us. Martin left a great tip for him.

After the meal, I took a picture of Mum and Martin in front of the boat, which was right by where we were sat. I was so happy that they had loved The Boathouse as much as we did.

We also had a wander round the gift shop, where Martin started to think about a change to his hobbies...

I think it suits him

I also remember at this moment that the amazing pianist began to play the theme tune from Game of Thrones! As massive fans, we proper cheered and watched his performance and he gave an appreciative nod to our enthusiasm.

After this, we reunited with the Dufflers and headed back over to Jock Lindsay's for another drink...

It was a lot busier at this time though. We managed to find a table out the front, but had to put all of our drinks into plastic glasses, which obviously wasn't a problem. It was also great sitting here because there was a band playing at the stage between Jock's and The Boathouse.

Mum and Martin even had a bit of a dance.

This was a really terrific night and stood out for us, particularly our experience at The Boathouse. After this, we crashed back to bed at CSR, ready for our next big park day... Epcot.

Day 7 - Epcot and Tutto Italia is here.

Edited at 12:18 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Aaah what a fab evening at DS, such special memories I’m sure. Thank you for sharing, makes me long to be back there 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

A great evening- this makes me think I need to re- think our ADR wish list as The Boathouse sounds amazing and we've never been 😀. Really enjoying your trippie! X
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Boathouse is now going on the list for my next trip-your meal sounds amazing!

Looking forward to the next day x
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List